Footage of Alien: Isolation's original third-person build

Started by Stringer2355, Mar 04, 2015, 10:18:45 PM

Author
Footage of Alien: Isolation's original third-person build (Read 20,138 times)

RidgeTop

Not sure if this is just me, but the Alien dropping down at the end of the pitch video looks like the ADI design rather than the final Giger one.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it does appear that way slightly. However, I think the quality of the video might be helping that impression.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The brown highlights, the shoulders, the jaw, the head shape. That's totally the Alien Resurrection design. Likely was just a placeholder for the pitch, but still, interesting to see. They used it for one of the concept art pieces as well. Not the exact design but very similar.

Son Of Kane

Yeah that's definitely the Resurrection Alien at the end.

Corporal Hicks

Just rewatched it and you're completely right.

jimbob30

jimbob30

to me all versions of the game look awesome would love to see the third person build in full screen and I liked the pitch video aswell the first person perspective works amazing but would love to see what its like to have a 3rd person perspective too just ashame the pitch build graphics look a lot better than the final build still a solid game though and game of the year for me I hope there is a sequel but more akin to camerons aliens this time the one alien was good for the first time but don't think it would freak me out so much in a sequel so I hope creative assembly do get to make a sequel but give us the game gearbox said they were giving us but obviously with keeping amanda ripley in the story I still yern for a 4 player co-op aliens game and I think creative assembly could really deliver

Anonymous

Anonymous

I love the alien sounds, I wish they at least gave us a difficulty mode without the "stomping"

The alien shiny head also looks nice, love it.

razeak

Impressive. Even the 3rd person looked fantastic. They managed to nail the claustrophobia in the vents too with the title angle and Amanda obscuring the view.

NickisSmart

3rd person would also allow you to see more, potentially than you could in 1st person. 1st person is the way to go with a game like this, I think.

NetworkATTH

I actually prefer the design of the Alien in the third person build. It's a lot more..humanoid. It still has the Animalistic leg (I don't mind, the regular old human leg design looks silly), but it's more lengthy, skinny, and the dome has a lot more lighting effects on it. Still, importing that view into first person might have some complications. But I love the animations of it in third person, wish they could've salvaged some of those old Alien sound effects into the release build as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed