Prometheus Premiere in London

Started by Darkness, May 04, 2012, 02:49:00 PM

Author
Prometheus Premiere in London (Read 45,693 times)

Darkness

Darkness

According to MarkMeets.com, the world premiere of Prometheus will take place in London on Thursday, May 31st at both the Odeon and Empire cinemas in Leicester Square. Ridley Scott, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron & Guy Pearce are expected to attend the premiere. Prometheus will be released everywhere in the UK on June 1st, with a US release slated for June 8th.

In related news, The Hollywood Reporter has stated that Prometheus has already broke the pre-sales record for IMAX in the UK.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus is proving an eye-popping draw for the BFI Imax theater in central London as pre-sales for the movie break records. Scott's movie, starring a galaxy of stars including Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba and Logan Marshall-Green, has booked 18,287 tickets in hits first full week of presales at the theater. It translates into £293,312 ($474,687) in gross pre-sale tickets, the highest grossing week ever.

Thanks to seeasee for the news.

mastermoon

mastermoon

Starts May 30th in London :o.

I've been waiting for the day spoilers will be revealed :).

nostromo mechanic

It's going to take a tremendous amount of willpower to avoid this site and spoilers in the 7 days between the UK and US premieres!

Alien³

Alien³

If im about I'll go and check out the premiere.

Esoteric_Voyage

i want to attend the premiere, am i supposed to buy tickets on the day? or is there a place online i pre order?? : ???

Bat Chain Puller

On May 29th Bat Chain Puller will enter a state of suspended animation that will last exactly 9 days. Before such time he will (like Noah) collect certain personalities to stay in contact with from the AVPG ecosystem and weather the spoiler storm. Underground. Safe. Secure. Unspoiled.

ThisBethesdaSea

I keep telling people, this film is gonna do gangbusters its first week. I'm predicting 100 million stateside and another 100 million world wide.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on May 04, 2012, 04:52:36 PM
i want to attend the premiere, am i supposed to buy tickets on the day? or is there a place online i pre order?? : ???

I'm pretty sure those showings are invite only, aren't they?

Michael Harper

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 04, 2012, 06:30:35 PM
I keep telling people, this film is gonna do gangbusters its first week. I'm predicting 100 million stateside and another 100 million world wide.

What's in favour of Prometheus too is that it is in 3D and it is in IMAX. So, those inflated ticket prices will give it a bigger boost at the box office. I expect it to do very well anyway, but thanks to 3D and IMAX, the film will possibly draw in huge numbers. Which is nothing but a good thing if we want a sequel :D

I wonder when critics will be seeing the film. EMPIRE magazine and Total Film magazine tend to have their reviews of big films at least about a week early, if not earlier sometimes. :)

Esoteric_Voyage

Quote from: Vulhala on May 04, 2012, 06:33:30 PM

probably, iv never been to a premiere before :D

NGR01

NGR01

Released the same day in France.
I will see it before teh premiere takes place ^^

Still no sign of press screenings yet...

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

How can I get a ticket?

Is it out on the 30th of May in France?

I'm going travelling on the 31st of May so I will miss it by a GODDAMN DAY (in the UK)

Anyone know when it's out in Peru?

locusta

locusta

June first in Finland!  My personal birthday present from Sir Scott LOL!!

Man, I´m so sorry for non-European countries. You guys have to avoid the internet for a week. Sucks!

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Vulhala on May 04, 2012, 06:33:30 PM

I don't know how it works in other contries but here at some occasions, there are galla opening tickets reserved for the generel public to buy - at very high prices though. That might simply be down to galla openings usually taking place in the largest theater auditorium in Copenhagen/Northern Europe (around 1100 seats I believe) and there simply aren't that many cast/crew & celebrities around to fill it. So they usually sell tickets to the public and the earnings are donated to charity.

chupacabras acheronsis

says it premiers may 31th here.

WELP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed