Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,878 times)

SiL

What's the confusion?

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Jul 03, 2019, 03:44:59 AM
And Verheiden isn't off the hook either.  His writing was very sub-par on that run too.

If it helps, the character that was created as a reference to him gets a nasty fate that is worse than death.  :laugh:

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 03, 2019, 07:54:04 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 03, 2019, 02:29:38 AM
Not a bad artist

Just all wrong for the Alien universe.

I still stand by him for Inhuman Condition.

The androids in that were okay, but everything else - ugh...

Corporal Hicks

I just really think his style works for the whole twisted feel of the story, once you get to that part of the story.

SM

Decent story in Inhuman Condition.

The artwork however, is just all wrong.  I appreciate different artists takes on the Alien.  Some are really good; some not so good.  Kieth's are the only ones I can think of that are just bad.  I'm sure his work is very deliberate, but it looks sloppy.

SiL

I prefer Kelley Jones' similar-but-somehow-not-shit style in Hive/Harvest.

I've said before I would hate to see those line-backer Aliens on screen, but it was one of the earliest comics I read and I have such a soft spot for the art. It's so f**king moody.

Kradan

Kradan

Agreed.

I still haven't read Inhuman Condition but cover of it intrigues me as hell.

The Old One

The Old One

It's a weird one.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 03, 2019, 03:44:59 AM
And Verheiden isn't off the hook either.  His writing was very sub-par on that run too.

I wouldn't downplay the effect that Ripley's reintroduction had on the story either.  It was doing just fine without her up to that point.

SM

Everyone wanted to Ripley to return.  And her return didn't really harm anything.  The overall story to conclude the arc wasn't bad, but its execution was mediocre at best.

Local Trouble

It also gave us praetorians.

Kimarhi

They just magic eight balled the Aliens away.

Lets have all the Aliens run to one place where there just happens to be nukes going off at.

YEYEYEYEYE

SM

The nukes went off everywhere.  ???

Local Trouble

Sam Kieth's art didn't make that clear.

SM

There was a double page spread from space showing splosions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed