The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside

Started by ikarop, Aug 31, 2012, 02:56:11 PM

Author
The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside (Read 61,256 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

we'll be lucky if we get dedicated servers.

this game is being made with consoles in mind, unfortunately.

Nightlord

Sounds good, now I just hope some gameplay will get released soon.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunterthe stupid Spitters shouldn't exist in the first place because there's no need for them. For example: the Runners can spit acid. So I want to know why doesn't Gearbox have Runners?

Maybe they envisaged the runner to be too fragile for it to fit the role they had in mind.

Quote from: Bio Mech HunterSpeaking of which, why are the Lurkers suppose to be the fastest and most agile Aliens in the game when the Runners clearly fill that role?

Because the runners aren't in the game, not multiplayer anyway.

QuoteMany times one of us would go down and call out for help. Simply run over to your friend, hold said button and watch as they rise to their feet. At one point I was down for so long and the picture started to fade. The screen fades to black, the sound fades out as I fired my pistol in panic. Not too mention the video being hit with static for the personnel watching the marine video feed, an incredibly brilliant touch that fans of the Aliens universe will love.

This is exactly what I was hoping for, and more; since they added the marine camera gear which shows low life signs via static, on near death. I additionally like the 'last stand' mechanic (dear god, CoD has made me despise that phrase) where you can continually fire off your pistol when downed - obviously a reference to Vasquez - just don't allow us to suicidally detonate grenades from this position, please! :D.

The Runner

Wait what mark did it show customizing the Aliens?

MrSpaceJockey

No specific time, they mention it several times (not show).

Bio Mech Hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcftEmlduYY#ws
@2:28 - "Right now this video game is going in canon. This story line, all the things we put into this game are part of the official ALIENS bible."

You gotta be shitting me...

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 05, 2012, 10:38:17 PM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunterthe stupid Spitters shouldn't exist in the first place because there's no need for them. For example: the Runners can spit acid. So I want to know why doesn't Gearbox have Runners?

Maybe they envisaged the runner to be too fragile for it to fit the role they had in mind.
If they truly think the Runner would be too fragile for the role, then they shouldn't be making this game. At least, not until they refamiliarize themselves with the films. It's a freak'n Alien for crying out loud. By default, that makes it tough enough.

Quote from: Bio Mech HunterSpeaking of which, why are the Lurkers suppose to be the fastest and most agile Aliens in the game when the Runners clearly fill that role?

If they aren't in single-player, Gearbox should put them in single-player. Likewise, if they aren't in multiplayer they should put them in multiplayer. Not create a whole new Alien for a role that's already filled. Especially one with glowing "Hey, over hear! Shoot me!" bull's-eyes on it's head. What was Randy and his team thinking? *facepalm*

The Spitters irritate me so much because Gearbox is always swearing up and down, "authenticity this, authenticity that" when they're screwing up even the most basic Alien lore. I'm realizing more and more Gearbox wasn't the right developer for the job. The only thing they got going for them is the enthusiasm. Which, is starting to get annoying. I'm fairly sure we've all seen their interviews and commentary.

SM

QuoteYou gotta be shitting me...

They like to keep telling people that as if it'll buy them some sort of legitimacy.  ;D

G8RSG1

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Sep 06, 2012, 01:32:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcftEmlduYY#ws
@2:28 - "Right now this video game is going in canon. This story line, all the things we put into this game are part of the official ALIENS bible."

You gotta be shitting me...

If they truly think the Runner would be too fragile for the role, then they shouldn't be making this game. At least, not until they refamiliarize themselves with the films. It's a freak'n Alien for crying out loud. By default, that makes it tough enough.

If they aren't in single-player, Gearbox should put them in single-player. Likewise, if they aren't in multiplayer they should put them in multiplayer. Not create a whole new Alien for a role that's already filled. Especially one with glowing "Hey, over hear! Shoot me!" bull's-eyes on it's head. What was Randy and his team thinking? *facepalm*

The Spitters irritate me so much because Gearbox is always swearing up and down, "authenticity this, authenticity that" when they're screwing up even the most basic Alien lore. I'm realizing more and more Gearbox wasn't the right developer for the job. The only thing they got going for them is the enthusiasm. Which, is starting to get annoying. I'm fairly sure we've all seen their interviews and commentary.

Who says that the spitter doesn't fit into canon? We know nothing of them, or their origins. Please tell me how they're "screwing up" the lore. I really do hate baseless accusations.

SM

SM

We've seen two Aliens in the movies who lack big glowing bulbs on their dopey looking heads, spit acid.

A specific class of Alien that spits is as pointless and redundant, as saying something is pointless and redundant.  If they want true accuracy to the films then all Aliens should be able to spit.

But this isn't a movie - it's a game and things like spitters and other classes that have no place in a film, can suit a game context.

Baseless.

The Runner

Why does the Spitters sacs glow??

Ash 937

Quote from: SM on Sep 06, 2012, 02:22:06 AM
We've seen two Aliens in the movies who lack big glowing bulbs on their dopey looking heads, spit acid.

A specific class of Alien that spits is as pointless and redundant, as saying something is pointless and redundant.  If they want true accuracy to the films then all Aliens should be able to spit.

Yup.  The aliens in A:R were spitters. The Bambi Burster in Alien3 was also spitter and yet it has no representation (that we've seen so far in A:CM).   Instead, we get something with glowing bulbs that resembles something from the EU instead of something from the actual canon.

Still, I haven't seen anything as ridiculous as the newborn despite every new breed of alien looking worse than the previous.

I suppose things could be worse...

:-\

SM

The Newborn actually made sense though.

Dunno if these Aliens will make sense in the context of the game.  If it ends up they're all geneticially engineered, it's the same ballpark as the Newborn.

PsyKore

To be honest, I just want them to fix the ridiculous running animations first. I can live with glowing sacks on a dingy alien because it's just a video game and it should be fun. But fix those damn animations.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: SM on Sep 06, 2012, 01:46:04 AM
QuoteYou gotta be shitting me...

They like to keep telling people that as if it'll buy them some sort of legitimacy.  ;D

I don't think Gearbox realizes that, though they blabber on about canon and authenticity while royally screwing up several key, key elements of the series, they're actually falling in line to continue the f**king facepalm canon mess that we've all been enjoying for the past decade plus.

;)

They think they're winning, when they're losing, but they're still winning, because in Aliens canon, when you lose, you really win.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed