Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 27, 2017, 04:04:57 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art (Read 73,955 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Aw c'mon stop taking everything so seriously.
Duh.

The A L I E N Franchise, not the ALIENS Franchise regardless.

SiL

Most stuff over the last 32 years has been published under the Aliens title ...

The Old One

The Old One

I know, it's disgusting.

The two best published under "Alien" IMO.

SiL

SiL

[Yeah that wasn't necessary]

Corporal Hicks

Let's keep it civil, folk. No need to get personal.

Frosty Venom

why's it disgusting Aliens is what popped off the eu

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 11, 2018, 08:58:32 AM

The A L I E N Franchise, not the ALIENS Franchise regardless.

This is not a position I take personally, but I suspect Ridley privately does.  imo

The Old One

The Old One

I dislike the universe Aliens presents in contradistinction to Prometheus and Alien.

Gateway Station for instance, is that the view of what "normal" locations look like to James Cameron in the Alien-verse?
It's so dull. Partially because Aliens in particular has been emulated to the point of parody, by properties like Halo.

Hadley's Hope is spectacular it it's realization, for sure-
but I'm not as attracted to the film's concept of the future it presents as much as Alien.

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

One of my favourite sites.

Gilfryd

For me the transition from Alien to Aliens is nearly seamless.

Cameron really knew what he was doing - the first chunk of Aliens does a good job emulating Scott's look and feel (the Narcissus salvage, the heated board room meeting, etc.), but once you see the Colonial Marines ship it becomes a full-fledged Cameron movie - and he's more than earned it.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't see it in anything beyond the Narcissus rescue, and even that has JC's colour palette all over it.

Local Trouble

I guess whoever Moebius'd the tech 57 years earlier kicked the bucket by then.

Xenomorphine

The Nostromo was pretty 'dull', too. Aesthetically speaking, it was basically a space-going oil rig. To me, the Sulaco, Hadley's Hope and Gateway Station fitted right in.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

There's a lot of design similarities between Alien and Aliens. Ron Cobb worked on both films in which he designed the Nostromo and it's interiors as well as the Hadley's Hope colony, the Atmosphere Processor and some of the colonial marines' equipment including the Dropship in collaboration with Jim.

And then you also had Syd Mead (Blade Runner) designing the Sulaco, the APC, the initial drawings for Gateway and the powerloader etc. You can't go wrong with Syd!

Aliens is much closer design-wise to Alien than Prometheus or Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed