All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,838,821 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 09, 2019, 04:19:07 AM
Woa, that sucks! but seriously, there are leaks already?  :laugh:
Sure are some leaks. Things discussed in the YouTube video/reddit post all seem to be aligning with what the cast and crew are saying. I'm sure they have a few tricks up their sleeve though and may add some things and maybe change some stuff too. The Reddit post was also missing information too but what it did discuss was pretty detailed.

Quote from: Highland on Sep 09, 2019, 04:33:50 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 09, 2019, 03:53:53 AM

I did a bad thing and read the Reddit post... I may have spoilt TROS.   :P

2 questions -

Did you like TLJ

Did you like that reddit post .

Yes I do like TLJ.

It's hard to say... I mainly listened to a YouTube video which summarized everything and then briefly skimmed over the beginning of the spoilers in the Reddit post. They are really taking a dark turn for this movie. Still excited to see how it plays out.

Have you read it?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm surprised anything is leaking out. Abrams has kept his projects locked down tighter than Fort Knox ever since his Superman script leaked early back in the day.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 09, 2019, 04:51:16 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 09, 2019, 04:19:07 AM
Woa, that sucks! but seriously, there are leaks already?  :laugh:
Sure are some leaks. Things discussed in the YouTube video/reddit post all seem to be aligning with what the cast and crew are saying. I'm sure they have a few tricks up their sleeve though and may add some things and maybe change some stuff too. The Reddit post was also missing information too but what it did discuss was pretty detailed.

Quote from: Highland on Sep 09, 2019, 04:33:50 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 09, 2019, 03:53:53 AM

I did a bad thing and read the Reddit post... I may have spoilt TROS.   :P

2 questions -

Did you like TLJ

Did you like that reddit post .

Yes I do like TLJ.

It's hard to say... I mainly listened to a YouTube video which summarized everything and then briefly skimmed over the beginning of the spoilers in the Reddit post. They are really taking a dark turn for this movie. Still excited to see how it plays out.

Have you read it?

No I'm not gona read it because i want it non spoilered if there's gona be some twists which might redeem the other movies for me.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Yes, don't go to the dark side.   ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The BlastAccording to documents obtained by The Blast, Disney filed a new company logo for Lucasfilm Animation, and has stylized what appears to be a Clone Trooper helmet in place of the "O" in "Animation."

https://twitter.com/TheBlastNews/status/1171797490485608449

Quote from: Entertainment WeeklyWe're working on Season Two, writing, prepping with the directors, and getting ready to direct myself, actually. I didn't get a chance the last time around because I was doing Lion King. So I'll step in for one of them.

https://twitter.com/EW/status/1171088505235234823

The Old One

The Old One

I doubt it's going to redeem anything, when is the last time the final entry in a Trilogy rectified the entire thing? Never.

Vermillion

Vermillion

They will do a LOTR Return of the King 30 minute ending goodbyes and a middle finger to the Original fans.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I can hardly imagine anything more nauseating than a prolonged farewell between characters that no one gives a shit about.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Will you be seeing the final chapter in the theater or will you be buying ice-cream instead?

The Old One

The Old One

I'll wait for review.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 12, 2019, 06:35:53 PM
I'll wait for review.

But...

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 12, 2019, 04:34:41 PM
I doubt it's going to redeem anything, when is the last time the final entry in a Trilogy rectified the entire thing? Never.

And some rare bts shots back when Star Wars was still great like America:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 12, 2019, 06:10:14 PMWill you be seeing the final chapter in the theater or will you be buying ice-cream instead?

Ice cream is less likely to disappoint me.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 12, 2019, 04:34:41 PM

True , but this story thread doesn't make sense. None of it. It's all left open or vague or not answered. We've got no baddie, the first order not even sure what they are all about, Rey being super strong, the Jedi texts thing....

So I'm kinda hoping JJ has engineered a way for this rabble to tie together somehow so when you watch the first two it actually means something in the bigger picture.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed but also I said "I doubt-" not a declaration of anything being completely certain. And America was never great. #Edgy I'm just hoping for good storytelling, Star Wars is not unique to that desire- the unfortunate thing is- I haven't seen Star Wars do good storytelling cinematically speaking, since ANH, ESB and ROTJ. Apart from TCW. And part of Rogue One.

But instead of the new films, living up to the best Star Wars story (KOTOR TSL) it isn't even just fun, or good or even palatable so far. And I was one of the people all for a new continuity at the beginning, use what's best about the old stuff and forget the bad. Pity.

I long for the time I'm celebrating good Star Wars content again, and explaining to people change isn't a bad thing when it's handled correctly, that direct adaptation, translation of complete adherence to the past isn't the way to create something but it is not this day.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ice and IX gonna work together just fine 

thank God for capitalism

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed