Status Update on Sequel and Mod Support

Started by ikarop, May 13, 2011, 08:18:51 PM

Author
Status Update on Sequel and Mod Support (Read 84,640 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Yesterday, Sega CEO Mike Hayes told Eurogamer.net that Rebellion's AvP is unlikely to receive a sequel, at least not yet:

"[AVP] was so successful that naturally you would think you want to do a sequel, but we already had Aliens: Colonial Marines in the pipeline at Gearbox."

"The Aliens universe is so interesting that there are different things that we can do before we go back to an idea of sequelisation," "There's a lot more we can do first before we would consider doing a sequel on AVP." Hayes added.

Early in the year AvPGalaxy also contacted Rebellion about any potential future plans to bring mod support to the PC version of AvP. Rebellion owner and CEO Jason Kingsley kindly answered us, expressing his support to the community as well as the difficulties of bringing that kind of support to games nowadays. Also mentioning that those sort of decisions are not up to them. However Kingsley added:

"I will revisit things here though and see if we can do anything to help out"

We're currently awaiting comment from Sega on this subject
. Sega replied back saying they are looking into this. Further updates will be included in this post.

Spaghetti

If we do get another AVP hopefully they give it to another developer. Not looking forward to another AVP by rebellion.

Weyland-Yutani

So there's still hope for an SDK? I really would like to see what people could come up with for AvP, specially now a sequel is not being considered.

Brother

Quote from: Spaghetti on May 13, 2011, 09:24:53 PM
If we do get another AVP hopefully they give it to another developer. Not looking forward to another AVP by rebellion.

+1

The SDK idea is fine and all, just a bit late.

Badmothafcka312

"[AVP] was so successful that naturally you would think you want to do a  sequel,"

Sega then dropped support for the game only a few months after its release.

So.... if it was so successful why drop the support? Oh sega......  :laugh:

And AvP 2010 is far from success IMO......

Can't wait for Aliens: Colonial Marines though  ;D

RavagerDX

RavagerDX

I think by success they're talking about how much it sold. I just hope that when a new AvP game is being made, Rebellion won't be involved.

Stalker

Stalker

It's a shame, I was hoping to at least hear news of a sequel in the early stages, even if the release wouldn't be for a couple of years.

Oh well, hopefully there will be a new Predator game to coincide with the several new Alien games coming out so we can have the best of both worlds.

corporal dwayne hicks

corporal dwayne hicks

ok fine i can wait for the other aliens games to come out before they make another avp but for the love of god release the other aliens games i want colonial marines

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

re:
I can't say I agree. Rebellion rock. They made some mistakes on AvP but they fixed the balance for the PC edition. As long as they can fix the rubbish matchmaking and do a better storyline,  I'll happily have them back.

They're the only company to really nail the feel of the movies. It's the only game I've felt like I'm the characters and like I'm in the world. Prior to that...it was AvP1.

Brother

Brother

Try a server on the pc, just for fun.

dachande89

I liked the Alien storyline it worked with Aliens Nightmare asylum and I thought that was cool. But yeah matchmaking was horrid.

Le Celticant

Quote"[AVP] was so successful that naturally you would think you want to do a sequel, but we already had Aliens: Colonial Marines in the pipeline at Gearbox."

"The Aliens universe is so interesting that there are different things that we can do before we go back to an idea of sequelisation," Hayes added. "There's a lot more we can do first before we would consider doing a sequel on AVP."

Is it some kind of a joke  ???

If the game is a success and make some buck, you expect to see support in first place, not a sequel.
Many different alien games? yeah more $$$ since a single game firstly will be buy by more people than a DLC and cost much.

I expect to see the same thing for A:CM. A game that had potential but failed because of the guys who head the production part. Also, I don't expect more than 2 minor DLC of 4 maps for 7.99$ on steam, which is a shame by the way.

Boycott?  ::)

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 14, 2011, 03:56:53 PM
I can't say I agree. Rebellion rock. They made some mistakes on AvP but they fixed the balance for the PC edition. As long as they can fix the rubbish matchmaking and do a better storyline,  I'll happily have them back.

They're the only company to really nail the feel of the movies. It's the only game I've felt like I'm the characters and like I'm in the world. Prior to that...it was AvP1.

Agreed. I love AVP2's MP but the story was pretty meh. Simple though it was, I did enjoy AVP3's story and the MP was fun and I still play it, but really Sega? REALLY? AVP was pretty much the ONLY movie based game that they have made that did well. (Hulk, Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor) Fail Sega. Fail for dropping a sequel that was promised from day one, fail for lack of support for your product, and fail for promising Marines and the role playing game and then either dropping them or withholding them for YEARS.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 14, 2011, 03:56:53 PM

Fortunately the vast player base that abandoned this horrorshow of a disaster disagree with you. I've never seen a game so throughly evacuated by its players such as this one. It was an absolute disaster and I hope Rebellion never gets their tainted meathooks on another game I even remotely care about. 

ikarop

ikarop

Still bitter after all this time? AvP must win the award for most dedicated haters...

I for one welcome all opinions, but in some cases it's truly amazing to see how some members just log in here for the solely purpose of detracting the game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed