Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,341 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Animatrix

The first story was kind of meh, but overall this was great. Much, much better than either of the Matrix sequels.

The Island of Doctor Moreau (1996)

I'll give it this, the Stan Winston creature effects are excellent, and it's hilarious watching three leads not give a f**k and put in some really bizarre performances. Thewlis' expression when the little man wants to shake his hand is the funniest shit, along with Kilmer putting a flower in his mouth for no reason. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Patton

JFK

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ford v Ferrari

Where else will you see Jason Bourne hit Batman with a loaf of bread? :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 22, 2020, 05:58:56 AM
Ford v Ferrari

Where else will you see Jason Bourne hit Batman with a loaf of bread? :laugh:

Everything is a deadly weapon in his hands.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1939)

Pretty good overall, and George Zucco is an excellent Moriarty.

Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror

And now Holmes is in the 1940s and tracking down Nazi spies. Funny how that works.

Huggs

Huggs

Gandhi

Wysps

Wysps

Gran Torino, at the behest of loved ones  ::)  It wasn't my cup of tea.

TC

TC

RUNAWAY - with Tom Selleck, Gene Simmons, directed by Michael Crichton.

I can see where they were heading with this and it would have read much better on the page than it looked on screen. Tom Selleck always deserved a much bigger movie career.

FORBIDDEN PLANET - with Leslie Nielsen, Richard Anderson, Earl Holliman, Walter Pidgeon, and of course, Robbie the Robot.

One of my favourites. I always get a kick out of watching Nielsen in a serious role. And spotting Richard Anderson (Oscar Goldman from the 6 million dollar man).

DARK STAR - with Dan O'Bannon as Sgt Pinback, directed by John Carpenter.

Would love to see a modern remake of this, with lavish up-to-date FX. The humour is both wacky and deeply philosophical at the same time. A bit Hitchhiker's Guide-ish.

TC

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Overlord

Very cool movie. I would have liked at least a little bit more of the horror elements in the third act, but this is otherwise pretty solid.

InterAlien

InterAlien

I finally got around to viewing JOKER yesterday. It definitely lived up to the hype IMO, and Phoenix actually pulled off a respectable performance most thought was impossible after Ledger. The twists and the anti-capitalist themes meshed together flawlessly.

I hope they don't do sequels and let this stand alone as the art-house film it is.

Huggs

Huggs

Hotel Rwanda

The Shootist

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jeepers Creepers

Legitimately creepy and effective, with a cool villain.

Jeepers Creepers 2

The Ray Wise stuff is cool, and the third act is decent, but the endless scenes with the douchebags on the school bus just kill the movie dead for me. Not looking forward to the third to be honest. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Oh, you're in for a special treat.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 23, 2020, 05:11:51 AMOverlord

Very cool movie. I would have liked at least a little bit more of the horror elements in the third act, but this is otherwise pretty solid.

Loved that one, but yeah, fair shout.

Huggs

Huggs

Dr. No

Good Morning Vietnam

The Village

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed