Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past'

Started by Valaquen, Mar 15, 2011, 03:24:12 AM

Author
Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past' (Read 33,144 times)

JaaayDee

MrSpaceJockey

Yep. This cursed device I am using prohibits proper copy and pasting as I know of. Nonetheless yeah, thats it, thanks.

stroggificated

FOX will force him to do it. I guarantee it.
And after saying such mean, mean and mean things about the xeno, everything is possible with Sir Scott. ;D

dandan

A guy who is currently working on some kind of "consoles" at pinewood for prometheus i wounder what they could be for? maybe the space jockey ship ?

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: dandan on Mar 26, 2011, 08:00:00 PM
A guy who is currently working on some kind of "consoles" at pinewood for prometheus i wounder what they could be for? maybe the space jockey ship ?
http://i2.bebo.com/051b/7/large/2011/03/26/19/8386610908a12900800431l.jpg

There is a wide vocabulary for 'consoles'...

He could be talking about cockpits for the spaceships, or the console terminal on the computer screens.

SiL

Why on Earth would anyone immediately leap to alien ships cos someone said console?

Way more likely it's the human stuff.

dandan

Quote from: SiL on Mar 26, 2011, 10:16:23 PM
Why on Earth would anyone immediately leap to alien ships cos someone said console?

Way more likely it's the human stuff.

like what that guy said     "or the console terminal on the computer screens."

he means it could be for the human vehicles or human computers what ever....

Alexa Chung

probably the console for ridley's cigar dispenser

JaaayDee

'Consoles' confirmed for cockpit stations

Now for which spaceship however....space jockey ship or human?

SiL

... how does that quote confirm they're for cockpit stations? All he says is they look good.

Wobblyboddle77

i think these are human consoles, space jockeys operate their ships telepathically as they are biomechanically grown into them, and communicate all through mind transfer. That's assuming prometheus has space jockeys or Scott changes how the jockeys operate and make them more physical in the movie. My perspective is Noomi Rapace was rumoured to have a part a few months back and so was Michael Fassbender, it was all true, so i'm kind of believing this info of a space jockey set in pinewood to be true also. i'm loving logging in here every day and reading all the news and discussion transpiring about this film. Scott was bang on about changing it from a direct prequel to prometheus. Let's hope the fox execs let scott get on with it and don't stick their corporate noses in too much

SiL

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Mar 28, 2011, 09:36:40 AM
space jockeys operate their ships telepathically as they are biomechanically grown into them, and communicate all through mind transfer.
... what.

Wobblyboddle77

If you read alien harvest, space jockeys kind of rest motionless when piloting one of their ships, and control the ship telepathically, it's in the second half of the script when the jockey ship is being pursued by the human ship. They pretty much do alot of communicating through telepathy.If some of  the alien harvest script has made it to prometheus final draft such as how space jockeys live and communicate through telepathy.Im betting these consoles being built are for the human ships of the film. 

SiL

I have no doubt they're human consoles.

I also have no doubt I will never acknowledge Alien Harvest's validity as anything other than fan fiction.

Wobblyboddle77

and there's no need for the abrupt ......what . be civil please i'm just trying to explain my point of view, which i'm entitled to do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed