New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 37,297 times)

fernandito

It's a good thing you guys ask me things I can't tell about so I can give a flying damn.

I was just saying that imho, this kind of scene looks to me like deleted scene material for the extended bluray version.

The theatrical cut may very well be released without this scene in order to build mystery and tension about what happened when the covenant guys are over there, just as Cameron did in aliens with the colony scenes and Rebecca's too in order to build tension and mystery once the marines arrived, and enjoy the deleted scenes later on if you want to dig in deeper. Furthermore, I say It would be the right thing to do, just as Cameron did well too by removing those in aliens.

What is so difficult to understand about lol

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 31, 2017, 07:12:11 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 31, 2017, 06:25:57 PM
Plus David's "mortal afterall" quote in Prometheus when the Engineer's head explodes helps give us a glimpse at a slight disappointment in him about them.

And when Holloway says how they're going to ask the Engineers why they made us, he turns it around and says "why did you make me?", already viewing Engineers and humans as literally the same thing. Neither superior than the other.
Later in the movie when he's talking about the engineers he literally says "a superior species, no doubt.", though.

I completely forgot about that line.

Maybe he meant this in the sense that they're superior due to being augmented and ahead of us in time. Or it could've been a figure of speech to the human characters.

Now that I think about that line, perhaps David really did think of them as something better than us until the Engineer suddenly attacks for no reason (in his eyes) and it literally shatters his opinions on them into thinking they're just as violent and barbaric as humans.

Like father like son.

Evanus

Evanus

#182
Quote from: fernandito on Mar 31, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
It's a good thing you guys ask me things I can't tell about so I can give a flying damn.

I was just saying that imho, this kind of scene looks to me like deleted scene material for the extended bluray version.

The theatrical cut may very well be released without this scene in order to build mystery and tension about what happened when the covenant guys are over there, just as Cameron did in aliens with the colony scenes and Rebecca's too in order to build tension and mystery once the marines arrived, and enjoy the deleted scenes later on if you want to dig in deeper. Furthermore, I say It would be the right thing to do, just as Cameron did well too by removing those in aliens.

What is so difficult to understand about lol
Yeah, but they're using the scene to market the movie. So releasing the movie without this scene wouldn't make much sense, it would be very false marketing. And it's also not some kind of viral video, because Hicks said it won't be released online.

But there's still a slim chance it'll be deleted, of course.

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 31, 2017, 08:24:03 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 31, 2017, 07:12:11 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 31, 2017, 06:25:57 PM
Plus David's "mortal afterall" quote in Prometheus when the Engineer's head explodes helps give us a glimpse at a slight disappointment in him about them.

And when Holloway says how they're going to ask the Engineers why they made us, he turns it around and says "why did you make me?", already viewing Engineers and humans as literally the same thing. Neither superior than the other.
Later in the movie when he's talking about the engineers he literally says "a superior species, no doubt.", though.

I completely forgot about that line.

Maybe he meant this in the sense that they're superior due to being augmented and ahead of us in time. Or it could've been a figure of speech to the human characters.

Now that I think about that line, perhaps David really did think of them as something better than us until the Engineer suddenly attacks for no reason (in his eyes) and it literally shatters his opinions on them into thinking they're just as violent and barbaric as humans.

Like father like son.
Possible.  :)

fernandito

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 31, 2017, 08:26:53 PMYeah, but they're using the scene to market the movie. So releasing the movie without this scene wouldn't make much sense, it would be very false marketing
I don't agree with that reasoning at all. It's ok though

Evanus

Evanus

#184
Quote from: fernandito on Mar 31, 2017, 08:34:12 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 31, 2017, 08:26:53 PMYeah, but they're using the scene to market the movie. So releasing the movie without this scene wouldn't make much sense, it would be very false marketing
I don't agree with that reasoning at all. It's ok though
Well then, enlighten me.  :)

I mean, it wouldn't be very false marketing, as only a few people have seen it, but it would still be false marketing.

fernandito

You've just answered yourself.

Wasn't my intention to enlight you about anything anyway. I was just giving my opinion on why it would be better to remove such scene from the theatrical cut while giving the perfect example that it was aliens, and that imo it will be eventually removed

Infected

Infected

#186
Its a goddamn warzone out here.

Evanus

Evanus

#187
Quote from: fernandito on Mar 31, 2017, 08:45:39 PM
You've just answered yourself.

Wasn't my intention to enlight you about anything anyway. I was just giving my opinion on why it would be better to remove such scene from the theatrical cut while giving the perfect example that it was aliens, and that imo it will be eventually removed
Well, you might think it's better to remove it, and that's completely fine. But Ridley Scott and Fox don't think it's better to remove it. So it'll most likely be in the movie.

fernandito

indeed! I'm sure you know better than even them about their plan

Evanus

Evanus

#189
Quote from: fernandito on Mar 31, 2017, 09:00:36 PM
indeed! I'm sure you know better than even them about their plan
Alrighty then.

I have concluded that this is a complete waste of time. In May we will see if the scene is in the film or not.

fernandito

I concur

rabidranger

This isn't some minor scene though. This is a plot defining extravaganza.

zoidy

zoidy

#192
Bizarre.

Movie company (and powerful director) show selected scenes to build hype.
Media hype the scenes - not just the movie, but these scenes.
Movie co and director remove them from the movie released just a few weeks later.

lol

acidreign

There really shouldn't be any confusion about this. The footage was shown at Cinemacon, which is a convention held by NATO (the National Association of Theater Owners). Studios hold showcases there to get distributors excited about their upcoming films. The Alien Covenant footage they showed was a sizzle reel put together solely for that purpose.

While there may have been a cut tested without it, there's no reason to think that the scene in question won't be in the final film.

shawsbaby

Quote from: acidreign on Mar 31, 2017, 09:56:14 PM
There really shouldn't be any confusion about this. The footage was shown at Cinemacon, which is a convention held by NATO (the National Association of Theater Owners). Studios hold showcases there to get distributors excited about their upcoming films. The Alien Covenant footage they showed was a sizzle reel put together solely for that purpose.

While there may have been a cut tested without it, there's no reason to think that the scene in question won't be in the final film.

^This.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed