New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 49,549 times)

Imbrie

Imbrie

I can buy that but ..... why have David and Shaw arrived here and not the Engineer's home planet?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

All those dead guys we saw were known as Deadgineers behind the scenes so...take from that what you will.

RabidNinja

I called it. As cool as it sounds, gore included, it kinda begs the question and summarizes that

Spoiler
Michael Fassbender is Xenomorph God; considering that he'll no doubt f**k around and create the eggs, What happened to the deacon in the first film? we had this entire deevolutionized birthing process, which was cool, but now we focus on a whole new planet? kinda meh.

And what about the queens? and praetorians?

[close]

Infected

Infected

I thought to myself, it would be cool to go the premiere of Covenant with all the members from AvPGalaxy.net,
but then again i think a fight would break out afterwards LoL neomorph drive by's and shit ;)

Benomatic

I really do hope David isn't behind the creation of the xenomorphs.

Alien has the mystery of the massive space jockey which is far bigger than any engineer we have seen. The Jockey is fossilized and appears to of been stranded for an extremely long time. The hold has thousands of eggs already in stasis, which must of either come from a queen or from eggmorphing?

What happened to the jockey burster?

How would David predate this and expedite the fossilization of the giant jockey? Why would a jockey have a warning beacon? Given the time frame between prometheus and covenant and that of alien?

WY seriously never went back to the moon of the prometheus mission?

Why would a xenomorph already be on the mural?

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Quote from: imbrie on Mar 31, 2017, 08:50:15 AM
I can buy that but ..... why have David and Shaw arrived here and not the Engineer's home planet?

How do we know Paradise is the Engineer's home planet?

Maybe David made a mistake?

Maybe Shaw and David have already been to the Engineer's home world in the ten years following Prometheus, only to discover that it's just another tomb and David has subsequently learnt about Paradise, another world the Engineers seeded with humanoids, so decides to use it as the testing ground for the black goo, before moving on with his plan to wipe out humanity?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2017, 08:53:14 AM
All those dead guys we saw were known as Deadgineers behind the scenes so...take from that what you will.

I agree, it does seem contradictory to other information we have, but I'm just speculating based off some of the descriptions of the new footage, which seems to be suggesting the victims aren't Engineers, but another humanoid race.

Seems odd as well, that David would be bombing Engineers, if he agrees with their cause to wipe out humanity.

A lot of misinformation flying around, so who knows. ???

Hope they release the trailer soon, so we have something more definitive. Any word when it's coming out?

Imbrie

Imbrie

My head hurts.

Xenoscream

I kind of hoped this wasn't a real scene - I guess we know for 100% the original spoilers were all true (damn my eyes for reading them!).

It does sound epic, I do wonder what David's motivations are though - also interesting there is no Shaw.

I don't really get that he wants to wipe out humanity - I mean why would he want that?

Dangerous Days

Quote from: imbrie on Mar 31, 2017, 09:37:52 AM
My head hurts.

My heads been hurting since Prometheus. I blame it all on Damon Lindelof myself. I'm off to have some Paracetamol. ;D

Alien Runner

If the spoilers are all true then the one where the mechanical part of the xenomorph has function must be true too! Can't wait.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Alien Runner on Mar 31, 2017, 09:57:03 AM
If the spoilers are all true then the one where the mechanical part of the xenomorph has function must be true too! Can't wait.
Hmm, I don't recall reading about that. What did it say?

newagescamartist

If you absolutely hate the idea of David being the creator of the xenomorph, just take a deep breath. He isn't the creator of the catalyst aka the black goo. We know that deacons and other type of monstrosities existed prior. The black goo actually expanded the Alien universe to explore even bigger mysteries. It's still Alien. In many way it's even more Alien, since we might be witnessing an A.I. being born and then creating his own monsters. The creation of an A.I. is certainly alien in my book. And besides, this cements the Alien series as being the premiere Gnostic movie series. Prometheus gave us Sophia, and now we're going to see the Demiurge create his archons. Good stuff ahead.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 31, 2017, 09:23:19 AM
it does seem contradictory to other information we have, but I'm just speculating based off some of the descriptions of the new footage, which seems to be suggesting the victims aren't Engineers, but another humanoid race.

Everyone's tired of hearing from me, but: People are mistaken about them being 'different aliens' just because they're dressed differently or the look might be a bit different. They're the Engineers, everyone else has said so, the production as mentioned above says so. This is the Engineer homeworld - David shows up and kills them - end of space jockey mystery.

If that sounds like an abrupt and convenient ending to a massive story thread, that's because it is.

David was programmed by Weyland to be obsessed with 'perfection'
Spoiler
as will be outlined in the prologue with Guy Pearce
[close]
hence his new drive to create/recreate, destroy all old forms of life and make new ones. He is now a mad scientist with delusions of grandeur.

newagescamartist

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 31, 2017, 10:05:41 AM
Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 31, 2017, 09:23:19 AM
it does seem contradictory to other information we have, but I'm just speculating based off some of the descriptions of the new footage, which seems to be suggesting the victims aren't Engineers, but another humanoid race.

Everyone's tired of hearing from me, but: People are mistaken about them being 'different aliens' just because they're dressed differently or the look might be a bit different. They're the Engineers, everyone else has said so, the production as mentioned above says so. This is the Engineer homeworld - David shows up and kills them - end of space jockey mystery.

If that sounds like an abrupt and convenient ending to a massive story thread, that's because it is.

David was programmed by Weyland to be obsessed with 'perfection'
Spoiler
as will be outlined in the prologue with Guy Pearce
[close]
hence his new drive to create/recreate, destroy all old forms of life and make new ones. He is now a mad scientist with delusions of grandeur.

Depends on whether or not Awakening happens in between Prometheus and Covenant and if Scott and Fox are willing to explore the creators of the engineers. I find it hard to believe David kills all the engineers. Surely there are more out there somewhere. I'm just assuming lol.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I also just find it kind of ridiculous that after all that the Engineers are still kicking - and apparently just hanging out on their homeworld a mere 20+ years before Alien, despite their major cataclysm - all so David can end his and Shaw's cosmic journey by abruptly killing them, presumably so Ridley Scott and Fox can say 'all that space jockey stuff is gone, relax everybody, we're straight back to the aliens!'

And even if you don't want to go back to that stuff from the last movie, fine - but how and why are the legendary space jockeys, supposedly long dead, all still hanging out alive in what is nearly contemporary times for Alien? At best, if there were somehow survivors they should be beyond the reaches of where humanity (i.e. Covenant, not David and Shaw's juggernaut) can travel. It just destroys any mystique, all so they can insert a contrivance of 'look, David shows up and kills them all, we're done with that.'

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed