New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 49,512 times)

Ultramorph

Maybe
Spoiler
some of them go Fifield?
[close]

eyeballkid

Spoiler
I get the impression that the civ that David bombs are perceived by him to be humans, not engineers, which is awesome.
[close]

Ultramorph

Too soon to say.
Spoiler
Maybe he lumps humans and Engineers together.
[close]

eyeballkid

Spoiler
If the engineers can create life, why grow wheat? I think this new planet has a human population that is just beginning to cultivate crops, like early Mesopotamia humans did on Earth. That would be so f**ked up and cool. 
[close]

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 31, 2017, 01:05:10 AM
Too soon to say.
Spoiler
[close]

I think you're right. When the severed head explodes in Prometheus, David goes "Mortal after all." Seems he's as unimpressed with the Engineers as he is with people.

PierreVW

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 30, 2017, 07:53:10 PM
Quote from: PierreVW on Mar 30, 2017, 07:49:57 PM
Quote from: jdxmoore on Mar 30, 2017, 07:45:43 PM
Sounds EPIC. Cant wait!

not sure what I'm going to do with myself after I've watched it though. Start the wait for Alien Awakening I suppose 😄

Sounds EPIC.

And Sir Ridley Scott is The King of Visuals so ALIENS KILLING ENGINEERS is going to LOOK PERFECT!.
I don't think they'll be killed by aliens, just the black goo.

I doubt that.

In the OFFICIAL POSTER, we saw ALIENS KILLING(OR ATTACKING) ENGINEERS!.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 30, 2017, 11:40:43 PM
It's already been demonstrated that he didn't "invent" the alien. Some version of it was known to the Engineers centuries or longer before David entered the picture. I'm a bit perplexed here.

I hope that's the case, but I don't think it's definite.

QuoteIt seems whenever there is any kind of excitement about this movie you feel the need to come in and temper expectations. Why is that?

I'm tempering mine. You can do what you like. If I needed 'attention' I wouldn't show up once every five years.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 31, 2017, 12:12:25 AM
The 'Mystery' of the Alien has been blown way out of proportion these past few weeks. The success of the Alien isn't down to its mysteriousness, its because it looks cool and does f**ked up things.

That may be true, but I can safely say I don't think any of us expected the alien's origin to potentially be 'another evil android cooked it up twenty years ago and left it here.' I feel that diminishes the power of the original film, diminishes the creature, diminishes the David character and makes these prequels much more hidebound and derivative. Again, YMMV.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 31, 2017, 01:05:10 AM
Too soon to say.
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
We are almost the same in the end.
[close]

Ultramorph

Spoiler
Agreed. My view is that the Engineers are basically just humans with a few thousand (or a few million) years head-start.
[close]

windebieste

Quote from: PierreVW on Mar 31, 2017, 01:37:31 AM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 30, 2017, 07:53:10 PM
Quote from: PierreVW on Mar 30, 2017, 07:49:57 PM
Quote from: jdxmoore on Mar 30, 2017, 07:45:43 PM
Sounds EPIC. Cant wait!

not sure what I'm going to do with myself after I've watched it though. Start the wait for Alien Awakening I suppose 😄

Sounds EPIC.

And Sir Ridley Scott is The King of Visuals so ALIENS KILLING ENGINEERS is going to LOOK PERFECT!.
I don't think they'll be killed by aliens, just the black goo.

I doubt that.

In the OFFICIAL POSTER, we saw ALIENS KILLING(OR ATTACKING) ENGINEERS!.

In the original original poster, we saw an egg splitting open hovering over some semi-organic latticework.  That movie was made by the same Director.

Oh, it also appeared in the 1979 trailer. 

It made NO appearance in the movie.  You might like to think about what that might mean in terms of ambience and mood setting as much as actual content.

-Windebieste.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 31, 2017, 01:53:57 AM
Spoiler
Agreed. My view is that the Engineers are basically just humans with a few thousand (or a few million) years head-start.
[close]

Spoiler
I also think that's the case as well. It goes well with the "we built them in our image" theme. I think one of the quotes in the Bible, in Genesis literally states that God made us in his image. So the idea that they are us fits perfectly.
[close]

banecat

banecat

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 31, 2017, 01:53:57 AM
Spoiler
[close]
as a bald dude i'll take that as meaning i am an evolved being

skhellter

skhellter

So..... with the recently revealed dialogue in the Cinemacon trailer...
http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-alien-covenant-footage-showed-destruction-on-a-who-1793864681

David really created the Xenomorph.
And he delivers comic booky "I AM TEHGODZNAO" dialogue.

And the rest of the internet are really loving this new development.
(taken from the Io9 comment section)

..is there gonna be a time travel element in the next film?
Is that how David is gonna put the ship on LV426?

so...
yeah......
i'm gonna skip the theater run of this.....

SpeedyMaxx

I think David is just going to travel to LV426 eventually, with or without the crew of the Covenant.

It's beginning to resemble a much less artful version of the new (excellent) Planet of the Apes movies, where the human cast changes every time and David is the only constant. You know, like Jason Voorhees.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 31, 2017, 03:39:11 AM
You know, like Jason Voorhees.

I was going to make a Jason VS Aliens joke, but then I remembered Jason X exists.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed