New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 49,796 times)

SpeedyMaxx

I'm sure it's visually stunning and will be a great setpiece, but I still find the whole story angle with David going full black hat and being responsible for everything to be lazy and tired. Aside from turning the David character into a much more black and white personality it demystifies the whole series, so I choose to believe he is simply recreating their weapons - not responsible for the origination of the alien.

Don't get me wrong - sounds like a blast to watch, but the story overall just feels like a regression to me.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 30, 2017, 11:03:50 PM
Waiting for the trailer to leak...

Same... I am so excited for it!

Anthony

Anthony

Again, most likely will be out by Fast 8's release.

rabidranger

rabidranger

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 30, 2017, 11:05:17 PM
I'm sure it's visually stunning and will be a great setpiece, but I still find the whole story angle with David going full black hat and being responsible for everything to be lazy and tired. Aside from turning the David character into a much more black and white personality it demystifies the whole series, so I choose to believe he is simply recreating their weapons - not responsible for the origination of the alien.

Don't get me wrong - sounds like a blast to watch, but the story overall just feels like a regression to me.

It's already been demonstrated that he didn't "invent" the alien. Some version of it was known to the Engineers centuries or longer before David entered the picture. I'm a bit perplexed here. It seems whenever there is any kind of excitement about this movie you feel the need to come in and temper expectations. Why is that?

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

I was hoping this is how it would play out, so glad its true. This is sounding like its going to be amazing, the description of this, with Ridley's visual genius will be amazing to watch

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 30, 2017, 11:05:17 PMDon't get me wrong - sounds like a blast to watch, but the story overall just feels like a regression to me.

And I thought Prometheus made the Alien universe feel small. Someone stop this crazy bastard before Ripley wakes up to realise that she is a middle-aged soccer mom living in Ontario and the whole thing was just a bad dream.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 30, 2017, 11:40:43 PM

It's already been demonstrated that he didn't "invent" the alien. Some version of it was known to the Engineers centuries or longer before David entered the picture. I'm a bit perplexed here. It seems whenever there is any kind of excitement about this movie you feel the need to come in and temper expectations. Why is that?

Probably for attention.

salomonj

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 30, 2017, 11:00:01 PM
Quote from: salomonj on Mar 30, 2017, 10:42:34 PM
Is there any other new footage in the trailer other than the David monologue and bombing?

Isnt that enough!?
Well, yes, it's too much. A 2 min 30 sec trailer of an entire scene is way too much. I thought maybe there would be a 30 second at most scene with David bombing away.

rabidranger

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 30, 2017, 11:55:09 PM

Probably for attention.

I don't know-maybe it's just me but I welcome what Scott is trying to do here. He's fleshing out the Alien universe and answering questions along the way while raising new ones.

Predaker

It's already been demonstrated that he didn't "invent" the alien. Some version of it was known to the Engineers centuries or longer before David entered the picture.

Hardly. Covenant is delving into who made the Alien and why; after reading the spoilers it's pretty obvious where this is headed.

salomonj

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 30, 2017, 11:03:50 PM
Waiting for the trailer to leak...
Hopefully it does leak, I can't wait much longer

hfeldhaus

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 31, 2017, 12:02:23 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 30, 2017, 11:55:09 PM

Probably for attention.

I don't know-maybe it's just me but I welcome what Scott is trying to do here. He's fleshing out the Alien universe and answering questions along the way while raising new ones.

I agree.

The 'Mystery' of the Alien has been blown way out of proportion these past few weeks. The success of the Alien isn't down to its mysteriousness, its because it looks cool and does f**ked up things.

juxtapose

. .weird thing the omly alien movie that scared me a little was rhe original and i was like 12 when i first saw it. .the creature for me has always been more cool and awesome.oposed to being scary. .yeah if i saw it in real life i would run a mile. .but onscreen it is just sheer styalistic splendour. .something to marvel at and behold. .

The Alien Predator

I never really found it scary, not even as a kid, to me it was always that really cool alien monster that I grew to love at first sight.

Denton Smalls

After reading a few different trailer descriptions, I'm confused in that...

Spoiler
One website's review says the black goo bombs turn all of the Engineers into alien creatures while another site claims the Engineers get melted, or their bodies rip apart.
[close]

Which is it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed