New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 49,623 times)

SpeedyMaxx

Listen, if they do that it's fine by me for the overall mythos - whatever my opinion of the trajectory of the story in future films, it at least makes it clear he did not create them. But if they say only David created them, or even if he did just put the eggs on LV-426, well, that I find bad.

salomonj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKSICi_spRo&feature=youtu.be

These guys seem genuinely excited about what they've just seen.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 30, 2017, 10:32:38 PM
Does somebody here have a pigeon that we can send with a little message tied to its leg to deliver the news to Corporal Hicks?

Appologies. I was busy last night and went to sleep when I got home. I'd been hoping one of the others would have covered this. I'm just reading over the thread now for anything I've missed and I'll get an article up.

Quote from: shawsbaby on Mar 30, 2017, 08:43:27 PM
Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 30, 2017, 08:40:16 PM
This sounds like the ****. I guess those that saw an early cut didn't see everything?

This confirms what was shown in the first (early) screening. The latter screening didn't have this footage that's been described.

I was going to bring this up. Very interesting. Doesn't necessarily mean it's back in (trailers have footage cut from the film all the time) but it's interesting to hear the scene went down so well.

Necronomicon II

Sounds like the most epic horrific scene ever, going by reactions.

szkoki

szkoki

well see. but i would love to see David grow ...as a person

scott

scott

wow! just wow, love the plot. David is on s sort of revenge streak, talk about Ash going havoc times 1000

scott

scott

as written earlier, plenty to build on.... but I am longing for that mech stuff in the biomech to happen. But I guess that is the next movie...

SuicideDoors

QuoteDavid watches, tears in his eyes. My guess is that he wanted this to be the birth of his new species but it didn't quite work.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77536

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Mar 31, 2017, 06:41:41 AM
QuoteDavid watches, tears in his eyes. My guess is that he wanted this to be the birth of his new species but it didn't quite work.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77536
Maybe he's crying because he thinks it's beautiful? Makes more sense imo.

Cinemacon

Cinemacon

I was there today. David is the creator of the alien species as we know it. Very clever

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: skhellter on Mar 31, 2017, 04:27:17 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 31, 2017, 04:15:20 AM
You're judging a book by a few pages. You need to chill out.

You guys are getting a new book...
but the first few pages very clearly have faeces all over them...
but somehow you're all still hoping that the book is gonna get better later on.

Have fun with that shit book.

K bye

Ps: love the fact people are again crying over trailers etc. Well... on the internet anyway, the rest of the world (the ones that don't bother to comment) seem to like the trailer.

Reserve your hate for when the movie is released and it actually sucks giant space balls. We all know that if it's a masterpiece you will go see it anyway, hypocrites...

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: skhellter on Mar 31, 2017, 04:27:17 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 31, 2017, 04:15:20 AM
You're judging a book by a few pages. You need to chill out.

You guys are getting a new book...
but the first few pages very clearly have faeces all over them...
but somehow you're all still hoping that the book is gonna get better later on.

Have fun with that shit book.
Lol

Quote from: szkoki on Mar 31, 2017, 06:28:48 AM
well see. but i would love to see David grow ...as a person
Dont think thats a good idea..
thats not happening, david is evil

fernandito

fernandito

D88M

D88M

i am not reading but it seems we get to see what happens after Prometheus, which was all i was asking, to see how it continues, i am hoping for a great movie

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

So David's motivation is wiping humanity out because he agrees with the gods (the Engineers) that humanity has grown cruel, weak and full of greed; leaving him effectively trying to follow in the footsteps of the LV-223 Engineers, setting about completing the mission they started, by perfecting the bioweapon they made?

It seems clear now from some of the descriptions appearing online of the bombing scene, that the victims on Paradise are not the Engineers, but a more primitive humanoid race, that the Engineers have created in the same way they created humanity on earth. And just like ancient man, this new humanoid race worships the Engineer's as gods; hence all the giant statues in the citadel plaza. The citadel is their Mecca where they gather to pray. This is why they look on in awe when David's ship arrives, because they believe it's their gods (the Engineers) returning from the stars?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed