New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 48,725 times)

salomonj

I'm not understanding the hate on this. I think it sounds really cool. Besides, everyone who has seen it has really enjoyed wat they've seen thus far...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 31, 2017, 03:52:16 AM
I'm not understanding the hate on this. I think it sounds really cool. Besides, everyone who has seen it has really enjoyed wat they've seen thus far...

Indeed, it's one thing to hear or read someone describe it, but it's another thing to actually see the scene for yourself. I can't wait to see it.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Yup. Im with you, its a great idea, and have no doubt visually it will be stunning. The haters can stew in their misery for all I care, im beyond excited

salomonj

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 31, 2017, 03:58:12 AM

Indeed, it's one thing to hear or read someone describe it, but it's another thing to actually see the scene for yourself. I can't wait to see it.
The best comparison I can think of is when Game of Thrones season 6 plot leaked and there were detailed descriptions for
Spoiler
Hodor's death and twist
[close]
. Everyone thought it sounded stupid but when the episode aired, everyone loved it and its now considered one of the best Game of Thrones scenes/episodes ever.

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Mar 31, 2017, 04:03:44 AM
Yup. Im with you, its a great idea, and have no doubt visually it will be stunning. The haters can stew in their misery for all I care, im beyond excited
Yeah, I think I'm done reading comments on youtube and such. Its not but a hate infested cesspool

skhellter

skhellter

I'm not understanding the hate on this.

let me try to explain:

David creates the aliens.
Goes on a rampage to destroy ALL HUMANS!1

The ALIEN isnt ALIEN anymore.
It's the invention of an android.
And now the universe is populated by humanoids.
Prometheus brought the Engineers.. In Covenant there are hybrids of engineer/Human...

This isnt the Alien franchise anymore.
It's the HUMAN franchise.

It's like a dumber, r rated version of Star Trek.
I love Star Trek.. but.. TREKKY stuff is not what i wanted from the ALIEN films.

SpeedyMaxx

I have no doubt the sequence and film overall is exquisitely put together and will be a lot of fun to watch. I just find the overall story thrust to be uncreative and kind of a contrived way out of telling any new kind of story beyond 'more bad robots and aliens'. I didn't see David in the previous film as a character who was headed out to casually nuke all the Engineers without any answers, let alone do any of the other stuff he may allegedly be doing. It just all seems like it's there to boil the franchise back down to the most basic, familiar fan service-y stuff.

I also am pretty sure there aren't any Engineer/human hybrids in this film, though IMO that would be a much more interesting space opera and carryover of some themes from Blade Runner, etc. for me that could be rife with all-new body horror and cosmic questions (with plenty of other Giger monsters, naturally). But that's my weird taste, so whatever.

salomonj

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 31, 2017, 04:08:05 AM
I have no doubt the sequence and film overall is exquisitely put together and will be a lot of fun to watch. I just find the overall story thrust to be uncreative and kind of a contrived way out of telling any new kind of story beyond 'more bad robots and aliens'. I didn't see David in the previous film as a character who was headed out to casually nuke all the Engineers without any answers, let alone do any of the other stuff he may allegedly be doing. It just all seems like it's there to boil the franchise back down to the most basic, familiar fan service-y stuff.

I also am pretty sure there aren't any Engineer/human hybrids in this film, though IMO that would be a much more interesting space opera and carryover of some themes from Blade Runner, etc. for me that could be rife with all-new body horror and cosmic questions (with plenty of other Giger monsters, naturally). But that's my weird taste, so whatever.
I see what you're saying, but we don't know the story of the film. We know there's a genocide scene of engineers but we have no idea the context or anything else.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: skhellter on Mar 31, 2017, 04:05:50 AM

let me try to explain:

Prometheus brought the Engineers.. In Covenant there are hybrids of engineer/Human...

I love Star Trek.. but.. TREKKY stuff is not what i wanted from the ALIEN films.

You're judging a book by a few pages. You need to chill out.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 31, 2017, 04:04:23 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 31, 2017, 03:58:12 AM

The best comparison I can think of is when Game of Thrones season 6 plot leaked and there were detailed descriptions for
Spoiler
Hodor's death and twist
[close]
. Everyone thought it sounded stupid but when the episode aired, everyone loved it and its now considered one of the best Game of Thrones scenes/episodes ever.

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Mar 31, 2017, 04:03:44 AM
Yeah, I think I'm done reading comments on youtube and such. Its not but a hate infested cesspool

Exactly and I definitely agree with you about youtube comments, they can be the worst sometimes.

salomonj

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 31, 2017, 04:15:20 AM
Quote from: skhellter on Mar 31, 2017, 04:05:50 AM

let me try to explain:

Exactly^

BishopShouldGo

Can we not attempt to make the alien mysterious anymore? Just keep it scary. You make it scary by creating characters to care for and putting it in novel scenarios. But please. No mystery. Play with it. Make it richer and substantive.

Who made it and why? Sounds good to me. f**k we are on film #8, you gotta put some meat on the bones. No more tin can chases.

skhellter

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 31, 2017, 04:15:20 AM

You guys are getting a new book...
but the first few pages very clearly have faeces all over them...
but somehow you're all still hoping that the book is gonna get better later on.

Have fun with that shit book.

SpeedyMaxx

I think there's more than enough meat on the bone to work with from the original basic premise which both the past films and Prometheus support - the alien is an insidious bioweapon crafted by the Engineers which grew beyond their control. Simple. Plenty to explore there.

Making it David's relatively recent science project would be a disappointment for me.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 31, 2017, 04:22:16 AM
Can we not attempt to make the alien mysterious anymore? Just keep it scary. You make it scary by creating characters to care for and putting it in novel scenarios. But please. No mystery. Play with it. Make it richer and substantive.

Who made it and why? Sounds good to me. f**k we are on film #8, you gotta put some meat on the bones. No more tin can chases.

Agreed, I never got the appeal of mystery in films. Sure, in one or two films it's nice but there has to be a time when it unravels if you intend to make more movies, right? Otherwise it just gets stale, "oh look, an Alien, it infests again..."

Who created the Alien and why? Who are the Engineers and why do they do what they do? How do they file their taxes? Answer it all!

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 31, 2017, 04:32:34 AM
I think there's more than enough meat on the bone to work with from the original basic premise which both the past films and Prometheus support - the alien is an insidious bioweapon crafted by the Engineers which grew beyond their control. Simple. Plenty to explore there.

Making it David's relatively recent science project would be a disappointment for me.

I highly doubt it'd turn out to be David's recent creation, even if David created the Xenomorph in this movie, he likely followed a recipe on how to do it like somebody following a recipe on how to bake a cake.

We already saw him learning about the Engineers and their tools in Prometheus, he understands to read their letters, so he could have found a Xenomorph Instruction Manual somewhere.

BishopShouldGo

What's hilarious is all this shit would be taken care of with one line of dialogue.

David: "The ultimate monster, which has existed for thousands of years, has finally been perfectly replicated by me." or some shit. Easy!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed