New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 48,770 times)

rabidranger

rabidranger

Quote from: shawsbaby on Mar 30, 2017, 08:43:27 PM
Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 30, 2017, 08:40:16 PM
This sounds like the ****. I guess those that saw an early cut didn't see everything?

This confirms what was shown in the first (early) screening. The latter screening didn't have this footage that's been described.

Gotcha. This sounds awesome.

Interesting commentary on humanity.....

rabidranger

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 30, 2017, 08:57:56 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=alien+covenant&client=safari&safe=active&gws_rd=ssl

This honestly sounds beyond epic

Spoiler
This seems to confirm that the inhabitants of Paradise are some sort of sister race and not Engineers. Not as developed as humans? I guess David wants to nip that development in the bud?
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So they kept that David committing genocide scene in the film then. Surprised they put it in the trailer but then again, it's a money shot just like the Juggernaut crash scene in the Prometheus trailer.

Those wanting to stay spoiler free better keep clear of the new trailer when it arrives.

salomonj

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 30, 2017, 09:08:58 PM
Quote from: salomonj on Mar 30, 2017, 08:57:56 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=alien+covenant&client=safari&safe=active&gws_rd=ssl

This honestly sounds beyond epic

Spoiler
This seems to confirm that the inhabitants of Paradise are some sort of sister race and not Engineers. Not as developed as humans? I guess David wants to nip that development in the bud?
[close]
Spoiler
i have no idea. Did any of the previous leaks talk about a race in between human and engineer?
[close]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 30, 2017, 09:09:37 PM
So they kept that David committing genocide scene in the film then. Surprised they put it in the trailer but then again, it's a money shot just like the Juggernaut crash scene in the Prometheus trailer.

Those wanting to stay spoiler free better keep clear of the new trailer when it arrives.
yeah, I hope it arrives soon though.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 30, 2017, 09:12:03 PM
Spoiler
i have no idea. Did any of the previous leaks talk about a race in between human and engineer?
[close]

No, none did. It's definitely the Engineers that were on that planet as evidenced by the press reports in this thread.

Evanus

Another description of the scene:
Spoiler
The sneak began with the spacecraft from the last film arriving at the Engineers' home world. Surprised, startled or curious about this ship's arrival, hundreds of Engineers have gathered in what looks like a Roman or Greek coliseum for the ship to dock. As the Engineers look on, the base of the ship opens and we find David walking on a deck. He looks ragged, but fully operational in a complete body. Then, as the Engineer population looks on, a mass of black bombs fall from David's ship. The crowd panics and tries to escape the arena, but the bombs quickly explode and douse them with a black ooze that is sickeningly familiar. The Engineers are quickly transformed into hundreds (or would that be thousands?) of alien creatures as David watches from above satisfied with his...revenge?

We then jump to "present day" where David's voice-over (or is it younger model Walter's voice?) describes how man believed they are gods and are leaving their planet seeking paradise in the stars. Walter (Fassbender) has no intention of letting that happen.

It looks like the planet the 'Covenant' crew have landed on is either the Engineers' abandoned home world hundreds of years after David's actions or a sister planet that David has also seeded with alien spores. As the first trailer depicts, this crew of the colony ship the Covenant lands only to find themselves infected with the same alien monstrosities that besieged the crew of the Prometheus.

The preview didn't indicate if David returns later on in the film or what the fate of Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) is. And it's unclear where the original "Alien" film takes place in this timeline. But, if you were hoping for a resolution to the fate of David and Elizabeth from "Prometheus," you are going to be at least partially satisfied.
[close]

http://theplaylist.net/connection-prometheus-alien-covenant-finally-revealed-cinemacon-20170330/

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

I am frankly really surprised--and confused--that they cut this scene from the most recent screening. It seems pretty crucial to the narrative based on what we've read? I'm glad they figured it out and put it back in, but odd they'd even try it without it.

Evanus

Yeah, pretty weird.

Btw, where is Corporal? He's missing out on all the fun! :D

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 30, 2017, 10:04:18 PM
Yeah, pretty weird.

He's out with the lady watching Ghost in the Shell. :)

Evanus

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 30, 2017, 10:09:14 PM
Yeah, pretty weird.

Ah, I see.  :)

Anyway, I really want to see the new trailer! I hope they'll release it soon.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 30, 2017, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 30, 2017, 10:09:14 PM
Yeah, pretty weird.

Ah, I see.  :)

Anyway, I really want to see the new trailer! I hope they'll release it soon.

Does somebody here have a pigeon that we can send with a little message tied to its leg to deliver the news to Corporal Hicks?

salomonj

Is there any other new footage in the trailer other than the David monologue and bombing?

CainsSon

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 30, 2017, 10:42:34 PM
Is there any other new footage in the trailer other than the David monologue and bombing?

Isnt that enough!?

Ultramorph

Waiting for the trailer to leak...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed