Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 113,433 times)

Local Trouble

A very high probability, I'd say.

SM

Yeah I think it'd be more than likely.  Shame for Dark Horse after keeping both the Star Wars and Alien/ Predator flames going so long.

SiL

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 05, 2019, 12:57:56 AM
Potentially the last AVP thing if Predator gets terminated?
What reason would the Thomases have to revoke the rights?

SM

The Thomases don't own the rights.  And now Disney owns Fox, it's probable that when the current license expires, they'll shift them over to Marvel.

SiL

There's a thread in the Predator forum talking about how authors have the ability to revoke (or at least, apply to revoke) rights between 35-43 years after they were granted if they choose. It's happening with The Terminator and a few other properties, and Predator has hit that period. There's zero indication the Thomas Brothers would, but technically it's a thing they could do.

EDIT

Easy reference

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/real-life-terminator-major-studios-face-sweeping-loss-iconic-80s-film-franchise-rights-1244737

SM

That's interesting.  Diane O'Bannon has just enough disdain for Brandywine and Fox to maybe try this on.  ;D

SiL

She's got 3 years left at best, let's watch and see  :D

Still Collating...

Quote from: SM on Oct 05, 2019, 04:53:38 AM
Yeah I think it'd be more than likely.  Shame for Dark Horse after keeping both the Star Wars and Alien/ Predator flames going so long.

I thought that was just a possibility more than a probability. I don't think I've ever read anything from Marvel comics that I liked. Now I'm worried. How do you guys think they'd treat these licenses?

happypred

I think the Predator franchise needs a shake-up on the comics side. Stuff like Hunters and Hunters II is OK, but feels a bit tired. Would like to see some experimentation.

SM

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 05, 2019, 06:38:08 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 05, 2019, 04:53:38 AM

I thought that was just a possibility more than a probability. I don't think I've ever read anything from Marvel comics that I liked. Now I'm worried. How do you guys think they'd treat these licenses?

Depends on who they get to write them and who is overseeing things at Fox.

I have no idea when the current license expires or if they'd change over to Marvel, but I think it would strange if they didn't keep things under the one roof.

Voodoo Magic

Disnox is still going to license out A&P for games because they are admittedly no good at it.

But comics they're successful at, so moving A&P in-house to Marvel like Star Wars is inevitable to me, more of a "when" than "if".

Corporal Hicks

Dark Horse have got to be sick of this happening to them.

Still Collating...

I like their stuff, especially their older comics. It'd be sad if DH loses to Marvel. Does Marvel do any good horror stuff? God, I hope Neca's license stays safe for a long while...

Local Trouble

Marvel's about to do 40k.  I think they can handle Alien and Predator.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'd be far less concerned with Predator over at Marvel since Predator lends itself fine to action and goofy crossovers and it's not like it wouldn't get used. They roll it into the mainline continuity and I promise you the crossovers will include an Avengers push and at least one hosting a symbiote. You'd see some crazy shit over at Marvel. Probably not JLA versus Predator nuts but if they got the license I don't doubt we'd have a good time.

Alien is the one we'd have to worry about.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 05, 2019, 09:24:34 PM
I like their stuff, especially their older comics. It'd be sad if DH loses to Marvel. Does Marvel do any good horror stuff? God, I hope Neca's license stays safe for a long while...

Moon Knight has a few horror(ish) books but Immortal Hulk has been doing a lot right and it's one of their best titles and sellers right now. Absolute Carnage is great as well. In fact the Carnage book they put out a few years before this was a good one. Sure a lot of it is through the lenses of superheroes but Marvel does horror well enough that Predator would do alright.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed