Aliens and Predator Playsets

Started by Vader the White, Apr 03, 2007, 12:10:11 AM

Author
Aliens and Predator Playsets (Read 3,078 times)

Vader the White

This is an article from a site I go to time to time. It mentions an Alien and a Predator Micro Machines playset. It's worth a few laughs.

http://www.pop-arena.com/articles/micromovie.html

slipknotpredator

i remember those, i don`t know how but you can find them here in Uruguay when i has a child, i didn`t bought them because i couldn`t aford them....... >:( now they would be a nice part of my colection... :(

ZombieSlayer909

Well over here in the states they're easy as hell to get and they suck.

They're not the regular 8" they're smaller 4" and aren't in scale with the rest of my figures. And since they're smaller they aren't poseable or as detailed.

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Oh my bad they're the micromachines.

Lol, well yeah those are a different story lol. ;D

That article was pretty funny.

Vader the White

The other stuff he writes is pretty funny.

Corporal Hicks

I've never seen the Predator one. Saw the Alien one. What ever happened to the AlienS playset?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I remember buying the Alien set when I was in... like third grade.  I loved that movie and I hadn't seen Predator...  I opened it and realized that there was nothing you could do with it.
You could make Brett spin around on the table with the little alien sticking out.  (He was stationary, part of the table.)
On the level below it, you could make the alien torso poke through the wall at Parker.
And the level below that was the area of the Derilect with all of the eggs.  (You could push something to make the eggs open and it looked really realistic because they were made of a rubbery material.)  In the middle of the eggs, there's a little mount where you can place the little model of the Derilect...
So the only figures you got were Parker, Brett in his astronaut suit, and a little model of the Derilect.  If you wanted any other characters, ships, or aliens, you had to get seperate packs of them.

So... I thought it was boring and I couldn't do anything with it, so I boxed it back up, went back to Media Play and swapped it for the Predator one.  This one had Dutch, a Predator, and a jeep.  The set resembled a small section of the village they raided.  The hut could collapse and there was a little catipult that simulated an explosion.  .....Needless to say, there was a lot more a kid could do with this one. :P

Vader the White

Quote from: necrotard on Apr 15, 2007, 10:01:57 AM

You could make Brett spin around on the table with the little alien sticking out.  (He was stationary, part of the table.)

So the only figures you got were Parker, Brett in his astronaut suit, and a little model of the Derilect.  If you wanted any other characters, ships, or aliens, you had to get seperate packs of them.

I think you mean Kane.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Yeah, Kane... my bad.
I never got the names from the first film down as good as I did the second.  (I've watched the second one more often than the first.)  I'm sure most of us can name all, if not most, of the marines.  Character developement ftw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed