I'm worried about the new Predator movie

Started by xenofeen, Oct 16, 2021, 12:08:36 AM

Author
I'm worried about the new Predator movie (Read 9,499 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I watched prommy and covenant at the theater as well.

I was so hyped for Prometheus. When the credits rolled I can remember looking over at my brother with a confused look and saying "It was okay... I guess?"

Kradan

First cinema experience I've had with any Alien movie was Alien Covenant. I didn't hate it but remember coming out of it feeling pretty underwhelmed. Movie faired much better for me after home re-watchings

First Predator cinema experience I've had was, well, The Predator. I couldn't really decide whether I liked it or not once the credits started rolling

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 22, 2021, 08:17:55 PM
I watched prommy and covenant at the theater as well.

I was so hyped for Prometheus. When the credits rolled I can remember looking over at my brother with a confused look and saying "It was okay... I guess?"

Try hearing "They should have had the people who made the first two movies make it."   :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

Oh God, I can't handle that much "normie"

[cancerblack]

TQ's face when:

happypred

The stupidity of the guy who ended up getting throat-f***ed by the snake broke Prometheus for me. That and Charlize Theron not being able to run to the side.

[cancerblack]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: happypred on Jan 24, 2022, 02:47:36 PM
The stupidity of the guy who ended up getting throat-f***ed by the snake broke Prometheus for me. That and Charlize Theron not being able to run to the side.

Why are you talking about Prometheus here ?

EDIT: Nevermind

MudButt

Regarding the promotion of the movie..

Most films that debut on a streaming service don't get promoted until closer to the release date. We know this is releasing on Hulu in the summer which means anywhere between July and September.

Netflix for example usually releases a trailer for one of their movies a month or so before the release. The past year has been different because a lot of high profile movies premiered on a streamer and the trailer release dates varied.

Hulu's promotion strategy isn't very clear because they are just now getting into this ''blockbuster'' business. I would imagine we get more information by March if we haven't seen a trailer. I think 20th Century Studios really wants to push their movies premiering on Hulu in order to drive up subscribers.

Normally for a theatrically released movie we get trailers around 3-4 months prior to release. A teaser may come earlier than that but I think once we have a better idea of the release it will be easier to see when the marketing may begin. Right now it could be anywhere from March-August.

happypred

I was more worried about The Predator based on the leak script which read like a bag of shit. People told the doubters we were overreacting, but The Predator turned out even worse than what I lot of us were expecting.

In contrast, Prey has a lot of potential, I think.

It's a solid premise if executed well with some thought put into it. The challenge is to make Native Americans from that time period a credible threat to a Predator. They could make the Pred go full primal...no invisibility, no metallic blades. The Pred only uses materials widely available to pre-colonial or early colonial Natives. The Pred could be a young individual going through a basic survival test.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: happypred on Jan 30, 2022, 05:01:05 AM
IThe challenge is to make Native Americans from that time period a credible threat to a Predator. They could make the Pred go full primal...no invisibility, no metallic blades. The Pred only uses materials widely available to pre-colonial or early colonial Natives. The Pred could be a young individual going through a basic survival test.

100% speculation, but I'm thinking the Natives will not be in the Predator's crosshair, but rather get caught up in the crossfire so to speak, at least at first.

Bobby Buttnugget

I would be worried but I have learned to not get my hopes up for modern films. I just can't think of a realistic way for Indians to be a legit threat to predators.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Mar 27, 2022, 04:13:07 AM
I would be worried but I have learned to not get my hopes up for modern films. I just can't think of a realistic way for Indians to be a legit threat to predators.

Dutch or Harrigan could be shot by either hunters at any point. From what we know of Harrigan, for City Hunter it was about the chase and to a degree that's how it is with all of them. They revel in a fight even if it's one sided (remember, even for Dutch it was a one sided fight until the log), but they do want a fight when they have someone or something special in mind. So yeah they can kill just about anything, but if they got a particular target, they're gonna mess with them and beat the snot out of them before finally doing the deed. They'd probably live longer if they cut to the chase to be honest.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 27, 2022, 11:48:33 AM
They'd probably live longer if they cut to the chase to be honest.

I thought arrogance and hubris were always supposed to be their primary weaknesses.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 27, 2022, 11:48:33 AM
Quote from: Bobby Buttnugget on Mar 27, 2022, 04:13:07 AM

Dutch or Harrigan could be shot by either hunters at any point. From what we know of Harrigan, for City Hunter it was about the chase and to a degree that's how it is with all of them. They revel in a fight even if it's one sided (remember, even for Dutch it was a one sided fight until the log), but they do want a fight when they have someone or something special in mind. So yeah they can kill just about anything, but if they got a particular target, they're gonna mess with them and beat the snot out of them before finally doing the deed. They'd probably live longer if they cut to the chase to be honest.

Someone tell me the Predators aren't f**king sadistic.  :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed