Ridley Scott on the hard road to Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 24, 2019, 02:58:03 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on the hard road to Alien (Read 23,537 times)

Adam802

Sorry Ridley, I respect your work on the original Alien obviously, but the prequels are trash so I think we need someone different to take over this franchise. 

Evanus

Sigh, I really just want to see the prequel narrative finished. But I'm afraid they'll just play it safe and do a straightforward reboot.

ultimate alien

ultimate alien

Alien isn't who's appendage and foil, AVP is nothing to Alien franchise.

BigCountry

BigCountry

Mr.Scott The Beast isnt Dead ,its just the crappy story telling yall doing that sucks .I will always love Alien,Aliens and Alien 3 .Any of the films after that are Garbage .Ps.Shoulda Left Ripley dead And went back to the Ship on Lv 426 for a alien 4 With some of waylands goons haha.yea the blast was big in Aliens but I think still to this day the ship survived that had the eggs in it

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on May 26, 2019, 07:12:49 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on May 26, 2019, 02:32:59 AM
Call me crazy, but the Alien is kind of an important element of the Alien franchise. I love hearing Scott talk about his experience with the first film, but as far as his ideas regarding the franchise now and where to take it, couldn't disagree more. I think the 40th Anniversary shorts and Alien Isolation both proved his hypothesis incorrect.

So essentially -  "Hey Ridley!  There's still life in the Alien!  Just look at these short films and video game that are highly derivative of that movie you made.  Just make that movie you made again."

Yes!

The Old One

The Old One

Again, new ideas and all good.
But the script's execution is the most important thing.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Id say they should lose the prequel status and just go for it.

Let the audience get surprised and the makers be creative, no restriction either to lore or other film continuity.

SM

SM

If there's no restriction - then just make something else entirely.

People like a certain level of continuity.  Otherwise they still wouldn't be complaining about egg(s) and facehugger(s) from Alien 3, 27 years later.

Local Trouble

Insisting upon such restraints also got me nearly tarred and feathered back in the day.  I was decried for stifling the imagination of fans who didn't understand the concept of rules within a fictional universe.

Ash 937

It would be really cool if David Fincher made a video like this for the 40th anniversary of Alien3.

Voodoo Magic

I don't think Alien3's 40th will be quite as celebrated.

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 27, 2019, 12:43:37 AM

I'll do my best.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on May 27, 2019, 12:55:37 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 27, 2019, 12:43:37 AM

I'll do my best.

I would never think otherwise.  :)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on May 26, 2019, 09:10:52 PM
If there's no restriction - then just make something else entirely.

People like a certain level of continuity.  Otherwise they still wouldn't be complaining about egg(s) and facehugger(s) from Alien 3, 27 years later.

Different timelines, that always works great also, with or without continuity as long as it's within the current Alien world. No more hybrids. Big chaps running around on the loose in ones, twos or threes or more causing havoc or just stalking about. Protomorphs and Neomorphs look ok too for different situations or locations in that part of the Galaxy. You can pretty much go all over the place like in the comics and keep it very interesting, but with smart strict editing, no open helmets on any exoplanets, no cheesey CGI, more science and smarter dialogue, although Prometheus and Covenant have been good there, can be a bit better though. Should have 1 or 2 movies with different timelines getting produced every year or 2.  ;)

SM

SM

Yeah, I'm sure that'll work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed