The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside

Started by ikarop, Aug 31, 2012, 02:56:11 PM

Author
The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside (Read 61,259 times)

Njm1983

Of course they will win, simply put no matter the liberties taken by gearbox there will still only be a small percentage of diehard fans who wont buy the game as a result... Even if they alienate a couple thousand or hundred thousand fans there will be plenty of casual fans who'll buy, and play it. Then the casual gamers who are familiar with the franchise who will if it plays well enough. Itll at the very least be like AvP 2010 - hit hard, make a quick buck, then die inside 6 months. Still profitable.

acrediblesource

CHILLAX and have a beer people. Too much bashing. No good. No good. Bad chopping.
...on second thought the beer is probably what did it. it usually makes me say shit too. :P

Quote from: Njm1983 on Sep 06, 2012, 03:38:23 AM
Of course they will win, simply put no matter the liberties taken by gearbox there will still only be a small percentage of diehard fans who wont buy the game as a result... Even if they alienate a couple thousand or hundred thousand fans there will be plenty of casual fans who'll buy, and play it. Then the casual gamers who are familiar with the franchise who will if it plays well enough. Itll at the very least be like AvP 2010 - hit hard, make a quick buck, then die inside 6 months. Still profitable.

SM

QuoteOf course they will win, simply put no matter the liberties taken by gearbox there will still only be a small percentage of diehard fans who wont buy the game as a result...

Yeah, I can't imagine more than a fraction of people are going to go "The colony is still there?  Big glowing bulbs on an Aliens head?  Your product offends me and it shall not receive my coinage!  Good day to you, sir!"  Probably a few people will hold off until the reviews come in, but ultimately a huge chunk of Alien fandom will shell out for it.

Blacklabel

I just find it funny how yet another crew is gonna go down on LV426 to just end up getting killed...

...AVP2 had a better premise than this game... :P

ikarop

If some of you don't like the game, that's fine, but please stop spamming this thread. You have other threads where you can discuss that stuff.

FightFinda

FightFinda

38:30 - 40:00 is quite a good section of that video; he talks a tidbit about the xeno soldier and lurker and you also learn that you can actually have 2 crushers fielded at once, which also suggests that the marines can have 2 smartguns fielded at once. In addition we learn that, for the campaign, the xeno spawn-points are changed depending on whether the player is playing co-op or solo.

Also, skip right to the end to see quite a good firefight (if you could call it that, it's more just the GBX xenos co-ordinating an ambush on the packed-together marine team) but it did remind me a lot of the second fight scene in the aliens movie, but with more action and beheadings - which brings me to my next compliment, I am quite surprised (in a good way) that they implemented beheadings and complete limb removal into the combat, which makes it quite a bit gorier (possibly even encorporating a more serious element, although the spitter possibly cancels that out lol) than the movies IMO.

[T)A]DarkDragon

I will be buying this game regardless.  I dont like the idea of the spitter but the predalien and praetorian were not cannon but were both loved in avp2.

I am tired of every video being about, how this is a sequel! Its not, im sorry.  Its just a another video game.
and lmao at "yes, you should buy two copies. leave one copy in the plastic."

acrediblesource

With that line, you know they were previously comic book guys.

Quote from: [T)A]DarkDragon on Sep 07, 2012, 08:24:53 PM
I will be buying this game regardless.  I dont like the idea of the spitter but the predalien and praetorian were not cannon but were both loved in avp2.

I am tired of every video being about, how this is a sequel! Its not, im sorry.  Its just a another video game.
and lmao at "yes, you should buy two copies. leave one copy in the plastic."

FightFinda

FightFinda

Lie

Lol at animecon this guy (Brian the producer) picked the crusher bashed into the wall and got to shot to hell, looks like they patched it cause that dash was once a one hit KO, I wonder what that second evolved is;

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Lie on Sep 10, 2012, 08:40:26 AM
Lol at animecon this guy (Brian the producer) picked the crusher bashed into the wall and got to shot to hell, looks like they patched it cause that dash was once a one hit KO, I wonder what that second evolved is;

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101211072710/avp/images/b/be/Heavy_Assault_Ravager_Alien_17%2B.jpg

Give us a Ravager!!! :laugh:

FightFinda

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Sep 10, 2012, 06:37:32 PM
Quote from: Lie on Sep 10, 2012, 08:40:26 AM

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101211072710/avp/images/b/be/Heavy_Assault_Ravager_Alien_17%2B.jpg

Give us a Ravager!!! :laugh:
Huh... Then where will all the facehuggers go? :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed