Prometheus trailer attached to Girl with Dragon Tattoo

Started by Space Jockey King, Dec 20, 2011, 01:48:51 PM

Author
Prometheus trailer attached to Girl with Dragon Tattoo (Read 13,528 times)

Space Jockey King

From www.alienprequelnews.com  :

The countdown is currently on for the worldwide on-line premiere of the first Prometheus trailer, which will appear on iTunes Movie Trailers on Thursday this week.

But if you can't wait another two sleeps, or if you just simply want to see it on a big screen in all it's massive glory, you may have a chance tonight (December 20th) already if you live in the US.

Comingsoon.net reports today that the Prometheus trailer is in fact attached to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which starts today in the US and Canada.

It seems also the Scandinavians could get a sneak peek tomorrow (December 21st) when Fincher's remake of the Swedish hit premieres in that region.

It's an unusual twist for a film studio to attach one of their major trailers to another studio's movie, but seems to becoming the norm these days. In this case Prometheus (20th Century Fox) attached to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Sony).
Last week a preview of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises (WB) was displayed in front of Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Paramount).

There's no word yet when the trailer will appear in theatres in other regions.

RoaryUK

It's pretty obvious why Prometheus' trailer would be screening ahead of this movie (if it's true), question is, was there really any point to remaking it in the first place, other than another Hollywood excuse to cash in on a brilliant classic...oh, and think Rapace man.  :D

mastermoon

Yes let the trailer come to us!.

Bat Chain Puller

Posted by ikarop yesterday in another thread.

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 19, 2011, 11:18:54 PM
Looks like the trailer will be attached to the Girl with the Dragon tattoo too:

ThisBethesdaSea

Hmmm....Prometheus trailer attached to a hard R rated film.....hmmmmm ;)

predxeno

Only 1 min 9 sec?  I was hoping for something a little more on the lines of 2:24.

Darkness

Well, it's only a teaser. They'll release the full trailer next year.

ThisBethesdaSea

and it's Trailer A...this is a very normal thing....teaser and then a full length trailer and then a second trailer and possibly a third.

Space Jockey King

By the looks of it that this trailer what is going to be released on Thursday may just be different to what we have seen on the leaked trailer back in November, Look:

Leaked trailer runs at 1:06 and the official trailer runs at 1:09, coincidence ?

Corporal Hicks

Probably just the cards at the end of the trailer.

Darkness

Yeah, I reckon every shot will be exactly the same as the leaked one. Just in HD.

Space Jockey King

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 20, 2011, 07:01:55 PM
Yeah, I reckon every shot will be exactly the same as the leaked one. Just in HD.

You are probably right, just a fought though.

Would be a bonus if they put something else in there we have not seen in the leaked version.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 20, 2011, 07:01:55 PM

I agree with this statement.

But one never knows for sure.

Snorkelbottom

Snorkelbottom

the footage shown in the first looks are not the same as the leaked so i doubt it

Highland

There's a chance it could be slightly different.

That trailer came from a pre-review site if I remember. They may have changed slight details for the final version.

Doubt it it, but possible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed