Sigourney Weaver wraps AVATAR 2 and now a real Ghostbusters 3 (2020) No ALIEN-5?

Started by AVP-CAPCOM, Dec 04, 2019, 06:48:11 AM

Author
Sigourney Weaver wraps AVATAR 2 and now a real Ghostbusters 3 (2020) No ALIEN-5? (Read 23,547 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 21, 2020, 06:07:49 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2020, 09:53:10 PM
James Cameron was the driving force behind the story in Dark Fate. All of the big decisions that so many people hated were his.

They had a team of writers, but regardless, if Cameron directed Dark Fate I'm certain it would have been much better than what it is.

But the things that people complained the most about - John's death - was a Cameron mandate. If I'm not mistaken, Carl's development after that was too.

Also, while there are about half a dozen credited writers on Dark Fate (and even more uncredited), more than half of them didn't actually touch Dark Fate's script. Most of them were part of the initial writers room, alongside Cameron and Tim Miller, that broke down the overall arc for the trilogy.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2020, 06:54:21 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 21, 2020, 06:07:49 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2020, 09:53:10 PM
James Cameron was the driving force behind the story in Dark Fate. All of the big decisions that so many people hated were his.

They had a team of writers, but regardless, if Cameron directed Dark Fate I'm certain it would have been much better than what it is.

But the things that people complained the most about - John's death - was a Cameron mandate. If I'm not mistaken, Carl's development after that was too.

Also, while there are about half a dozen credited writers on Dark Fate (and even more uncredited), more than half of them didn't actually touch Dark Fate's script. Most of them were part of the initial writers room, alongside Cameron and Tim Miller, that broke down the overall arc for the trilogy.

I know idea contributors like David Ellison, Tim Miller etc. were uncredited, but the credited ones who touched it:

Screenplay by

David S. Goyer
Justin Rhodes
Billy Ray

Story by

James Cameron
Charles H. Eglee
Josh Friedman
David S. Goyer
Justin Rhodes

RidleyScott99

ALIENS was R rated. Cameron left R rated movies 32 years ago. His movies in the last 32 years are huge family movies. Like the MCU and Disney movies.

Nightmare Asylum

Cameron was very hands on with the story of Terminator: Dark Fate and that was a very R-rated movie.

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2020, 05:00:17 AM
Cameron was very hands on with the story of Terminator: Dark Fate and that was a very R-rated movie.
NOT Director. His last R rated as Director was 32 years ago. He makes huge family movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed