The Datamine Thread

Started by PAS Spinelli, Jul 07, 2020, 09:03:03 PM

Author
The Datamine Thread (Read 38,798 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 07, 2021, 08:31:13 PM
Lone Wolf was either meant to be the tutorial or was repurposed into one.

The original trophy description was apparently to complete all of the lone wolf missions whereas now it's something akin to completing the tutorial. So they did intend to have more but for whatever reason couldn't do it. We could assume they will be making more if the framework is present.

Interesting!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

More datamines courtesy of 'Blu' after today's update.

New Predator trophies:

Flashlights, probably for the rumored night mode:

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

guys look is the backpack from fortnite!!!!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

New masks datamined by 'Blu':

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Damn that first one is absolutely pug fugly.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 03, 2021, 02:03:43 AM
Damn that first one is absolutely pug fugly.

'tis a bit goofy looking  :laugh:

Kailem

Kailem

Some interesting designs. And the second one is basically Scar's mask. I wonder if they've given up on releasing him as his own character too like I suspect they have with Mr Black and they're just releasing his mask? I hope I'm wrong on both counts, but this doesn't give me much hope.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I have a theory that Scar is locked up in the AVP license but like Universal could with Halloween Horror nights Illfonic can release an AVP style Predator, it just can't be a film character. This would explain the naming as Scar would be under the AVP license but the marking wouldn't because it's still Predator iconography. You can't use Scar but you can use something that kind of looks like him essentially.

So at best it's someone we already know who uses the same style of gear (clan leader for example), or it's an approximation perhaps of all the AVP Predators to hit as many of those beats as possible due to licensing constraints. Likely not the same issue as fitting masks to a Super Predator noggin.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Sep 04, 2021, 03:26:11 AM
I have a theory that Scar is locked up in the AVP license but like Universal could with Halloween Horror nights Illfonic can release an AVP style Predator, it just can't be a film character. This would explain the naming as Scar would be under the AVP license but the marking wouldn't because it's still Predator iconography. You can't use Scar but you can use something that kind of looks like him essentially.

So at best it's someone we already know who uses the same style of gear (clan leader for example), or it's an approximation perhaps of all the AVP Predators to hit as many of those beats as possible due to licensing constraints. Likely not the same issue as fitting masks to a Super Predator noggin.

I doubt it, as 20th Century / Disney owns both Alien and Predator. If there's a split in royalties I think the overlap would be greater between Predator and AVP anyway, as Davis was the lead producer on both.

That first mask reminds me of the pathogen-infected predator in one of the prequel crossover comics. I think it's the dead eyes and "fang"-lined maw.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

With Predator and AvP being separate revenue license streams, I wouldn't be surprised if the Scar biomask is released just as a mask, and they call it something like "blooded".

Santoslive19

Santoslive19

what is the blue discord by the way?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

'Blu' is a user active on the one of the Hunting Grounds Discord fan channels, they have been responsible for the vast majority of the datamines.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Looks like we may see Wolf! Datamine courtesy of Blu:

Kailem

Kailem

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Since the Tracker Predator was not in this round up, I assume he could be in another DLC pack that includes:

Scar
Tracker
Wolf

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed