Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread

Started by Wurd77, Apr 21, 2020, 04:11:11 PM

Author
Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread (Read 27,410 times)

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. Perhaps PS4PRO is the most stable platform, because I haven't experienced any problems.

Voodoo Magic

**Patch Notes 2.28**

**The following maps are temporarily out of rotation**

* Overgrowth (Day)
* Headquarters (Day)/(Night)

**Optional Objectives in Night Maps are currently not spawning in properly and will be addressed in the next hotfix patch**

# **Paid DLC**

* New playable Predator - **Exiled**
* **Early Access** to the new Predator weapon Skin - **Hook** (War Club)

# **Free Update**

* Max level has now been increased to **level 999**
  * Players will now receive a predator trophy every 50 levels post level 100.
    * Players who are already level 150 will already have trophies unlocked retroactively.
* **Night map** variants are now available!
  * The Fireteam must now navigate through dark jungles and light filled camps to complete their missions. To help visibility in the night maps, the Fireteam will be able to toggle Night Vision when needed. The Predator can now use the cover of darkness to stalk their prey, so make sure you don't get your biomask knocked off by the Fireteam.
* Three new obtainable Predator Masks
  * Salamander
  * Mors
  * Foxtrot
* The Obsidian shader is now available for the Battle Axe and Norse Hammer
* **Ancient Disc** is now available at **level 27**

# **General**

* Added Audio feedback when picking Veritanium
* Items on the weapon wheel will now display as a different color when unselectable
* Improved overall input sensitivity for held inputs
* Improved UI in mission briefing lobby
* Grenade icons no longer appear on the mini-map for both Predator and Fireteam
* Fixed several localization issues on Airstrip
* Fixed an issue where a UI element was not visible, using low graphics settings, when selecting to play as Fireteam or Predator
* Fixed an issue where the amount of remaining field lockers was not displaying correctly
* Fixed an issue where your current loadout would incorrectly display your previous loadout setup
* Fixed an issue where an error message was not displaying when sending invites from a crossplay linked account to a non-crossplay linked lobby or party
* Fixed an issue where push to talk, when bound to the mouse buttons, would not function correctly in lobbies
* Fixed an issue in the mission "Smooth Talk" where an objective could be completed through a wall
* Fixed an issue where Guerrilla Mercenaries were not being cleaned up properly after being killed

# **Fireteam**

* General
  * The U.A.V Scanner now has an idle noise when being held in a Fireteam member's hand
  * Made several improvements to Search Area missions for better player clarity
  * Improved UI to primary objective markers for better player clarity
  * Fireteam gear will now display larger icons on the mini-map
  * Spotting the Smart Disc as the Fireteam will now display the proper icon
  * Added a maximum range to the "Kill" marker that appears when a guerilla NPC goes to pull the alarm
  * Fixed an issue that would reset the "Waiting for Player" countdown when a player would join a lobby and replace a friendly bot
  * Fixed an issue where looking at the countdown timer of an objective,while ADSing, would result in a graphical error
  * Fixed an issue where the Isabelle Steam Exclusive Skin was not displaying properly
  * Fixed several audio issues where long claiming Female Fireteam members would result in an incorrect VO
  * Fixed an issue where two voices would play when long claiming Dante
  * Fixed an issue where the burning sound would never go away after dying by fire in a Clash match
  * Fixed several Zeus VO issues in Headquarters
  * Fixed issue where Dutch's hair would sometimes disappear
  * Fixed an issue where the exfil ropes would not appear for client-sided Fireteam members
  * Fixed an issue where a Fireteam member may not spawn in the correct location if the player joined the lobby right before the game starts
  * Fixed several Veritanium spawn locations that the Fireteam was unable to interact with
  * Fixed an issue where the Poncho face paint would not appear properly when obtained from a field locker
  * Fixed an issue where UI elements would overlap when picking up O.W.L.F. collectables and Veritanium
  * Fixed an issue where "Inside the Search Area" displayed when Fireteam members were not inside the search area
* Fireteam Bots
  * "Classic Hunt Without Fireteam Bots" Game Mode added to custom Private Matches
  * Fireteam Bots will now chase after the Predator if the Predator is the only player in the match
  * Fireteam Bots will now move out of the player's way when the player is too close
  * Fireteam Bots will now attempt to avoid or move away from activated explosives
  * Fireteam Bots will now use their gear more frequently
  * Fireteam Bots will now teleport to a player if they get too far away
  * Fireteam Bots are now better at reviving downed Fireteam members
  * Fixed an issue where Fireteam Bots would not mud up correctly
  * Fixed an issue where Fireteam Bots remained perpetually on fire under certain conditions
  * Fixed an issue where reinforcing a Fireteam Bot would result in that bot having double the speed
  * Fixed an issue where, in private match lobbies, bots would be placed into a waiting for player slot even when an actual player was present
  * Fixed an issue where Fireteam Bots did not display correctly in the Mission Planning Screen
* Weapons
  * S-R3D
    * Added SFX for the S-R3D reloading

# **Predator**

* General
  * The Predator is now able to cancel the boar eating animation
  * Made several improvements to Predator melee combat
  * Adjusted UI location for Predator HP
  * Added a hit indicator for the Predator when damaging Fireteam supplies
  * Added several visual improvements to the Predator stamina bar
  * Improved Mission Planning Screen when a Predator Player is joining a lobby
  * Fixed an issue that prevented the Predator from equipping the City Hunter Rebreather Mask
    * If the issue persists after patching, try deleting your save data to resolve the problem
  * Fixed an issue where the war paint selection menu was available while equipping the City Hunter Rebreather Mask
  * Fixed an issue where mask shaders were not displayed in the same location across all masks
  * Fixed an issued with war paints not aligning correctly with the Prophet Predator Mask
  * Fixed an issue where the Eclipse and Journeyman Mask were applying War Paint incorrectly
  * Fixed an issue where the Mr. Black Mask did not have the Olive Shader
  * Fixed several Predator Skins not showing up correctly when obtained from a field locker
  * Fixed an issue with the Predator hitmarker not displaying correctly when destroying Fireteam gear
* Weapons
  * Smart Disc
    * Fixed an issue where the Ancient Disc would not properly return control to the Predator Player under certain conditions
  * Handheld Plasma Pistol
    * Added SFX for the Handheld Plasma Pistol reloading
  * Battleaxe
    * Rebalanced several aspects of the Battleaxe
  * Norse Hammer
    * Rebalanced several aspects Norse Hammer
* Classes
  * Cleopatra
    * Increased run speed
* Perks
  * Spectral Awareness
    * Text is now properly situated in the Perk box

Voodoo Magic

**Patch Notes 2.30 (Hotfix)**

**General**

* Fixed several issues causing crashes
* Made optimizations related to players loading into match lobbies
* Fixed an issue where the Backwater infil selection was not working properly
* Fixed an issue where sometimes the Helicopter would not disappear after the infil sequence
* Fixed an issue where Playstation Player avatars were not consistently being displayed

**Predator**
* General

* Fixed an issue where the Predator's cloak was not always working properly

* Classes
  * Valkyrie

* Fixed an issue where the Valkyrie Predator stats were being displayed incorrectly
    * Fixed an issue where the Valkyrie Predator had too many perk points

Kailem

We gots Predators!!

Patch Notes 2.32

Paid DLC
Hunting Party DLC Pack

-New Playable Predator - Captured
-New Playable Predator - Falconer
-New Playable Predator - Mr. Black
Includes the unlockable "Mr. Black" Predator Mask

Free Update
-Predator Weapon Skin - Hook (War Club) is now available at Level 95
-New unlockable customization option for Predators - Scar
Now you can customize your Predator masks to show off your battle scars you've obtained from fighting the Fireteam!

General
-Various crash fixes
-Rearranged the Main Menu to prevent the Matchmaking text from overlapping over the Challenges
-Fixed an issue where players would sometimes be unable to accept an invite to a private match or lobby
-Fixed an issue where certain optional objectives would sometimes spawn under the map
-Fixed an issue where the helicopter exfil ropes would spawn under the map in Backwater
-Fixed an issue with the mission "Boat Tracking" in Backwater where the kill markers were not working as intended
-Fixed a low ceiling in the Headquarters Night map that was preventing the Predator from leaping and accessing Predkour in certain areas
-Fixed an issue where certain explosive barrels were not being cleaned up after exploding
-Fixed an exploit spot in Airstrip (Night)

Fireteam

General
-Fixed and issue where Fireteam players that switched weapons or used their gear after muddying up would immediately become more visible to the Predator

Predator
General

-Adjusted the brightness when Vision Mode/Target Isolation in Night Maps
-Added text to show the unlock level for Predator Trophies in the Customization Menu
-Fixed an issue where custom key bindings could cause the Predator's "Self Destruct" prompt to show the incorrect key binding while the Predator is downed
Weapons
Plasma Caster
-Fixed an issue that occurred with the camera when repeatedly firing the Plasma Caster

https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/patch-notes-2-32/25524

RidgeTop

Oh snap just the ones I wanted too! And really glad they fixed the heat vision at night.

They went around the Jungle Hunter exclusivity by having it be crucified, just pop on the Jungle Hunter mask and there ya go.

And Scar's mask! SCAR WILL COME I TELL YOU.

Fantastic update.

Kailem

Is it Scar's mask, or is it some sort of "battle scars" feature for all the masks? It kinda sounds like it might be the latter.

Either way, now that we've actually got Mr Black and Falconer after getting their masks, and we've seen that Scars has been datamined, it surely is only a matter of time before he shows up too.

And yeah definitely glad about the night maps vision mode fix. Hopefully it'll be a lot easier to see things in thermal vision now than I has been.

SuperiorIronman

Scar's I couldn't really notice on the helmets. Looked more like war paint to me but I may not have had the right masks to showcase it.

The captive Predator being a Jungle Hunter clone does not sit right with me especially since the film version had details on it like a wider build, a different shaped but still JH style head and even some changes to the armor like light up gauntlets and a missing shoulder pad. The more interesting route to me would've been a combination of his strung up appearance and his armored. Like he's missing the gauntlets but he's still got the gun strapped to his back. There's just cooler ways of doing it to me than a slightly retextured 87.

The Supers..., they look awful without the mask. I'm sorry they just do. They look like hellish muppets and none of the dreads including the ones they come with line up with the heads. So no matter what you have, the dreadlocks are floating on nothing. We knew it was a problem with the heads but I didn't think it was this bad. There's also some textures that don't really look right. Like they're too colorful if that makes sense. Berserker definitely has a lighter tone. Still the bodies are gorgeous so might as well stick a bag on it. None of the supers have the right roar either. If I had to explain the head without a photo, they basically look like Fugitive after getting his face punched in with a constant shit pants look.

Tracker is also weirdly left out here. I asked about this and as of yet still have gotten no answer per the three times I've asked devs. I don't think I'm getting an answer but it's weird when you consider that of the trio we didn't even get the guy they strung up given how off model he is. I suppose he could be his own release but his absence is noticeable. If anything they probably should've replaced Falconer with the Tracker given he actually did carry a gun and they have the tech for the dogs now.

RidgeTop

Patch 2.36 is up.

Paid DLC
-New Playable Predator - Wolf

Free Update
-New Fireteam mask "Nolan" is now available at Level 250

General
-Various Crash Fixes
-Backwater (Night Variant) has been reenabled and will once again show up in the map rotation
-Fixed an issue on the Excavation Mission "Compromise of Safety" where objective markers were appearing at the wrong time/out of order

Fireteam
-Fixed an issue with Dante's death cry not playing during Long Claim cinematics
-Last Man Standing now properly plays a sound when activated

Predator
-Fixed an issue where the "Scars" customization option was not working properly with the Captured mask
-Fixed an issue where the Falconer Predator's Plasma Caster would clip through the shoulder
-Fixed an issue where Mr. Black's predlocks were behaving erratically in the Customization menu
-Fixed an issue where Exiled Predator Armor Styles "Requiem" and "Nova" were using the same swatch
-Fixed an issue where the Steam exclusive Exiled Armor skin was displaying the incorrect pattern
-Fixed an issue where the Falconer Predator and Mr. Black's predlocks were not displaying properly
-Fixed an issue that allowed the Predator to equip the War Club variant Hook while in Predkour

Weapons
Hand Held Plasma Caster
-Increased Base Damage
-Increase Splash Damage
-Increased Magazine Size

Wweyland

Well this went under the radar

Mr.Turok

No real gameplay balance changes? Not even more Predator gear or long range weaponry? Hell, Wolf got them laser traps but we can't use them? Its been delayed from the usual schedule and it still comes out terribly?

This game is done, they are barely doing anything with it anymore. Many people, including myself, are disappointed with this lack luster updates with very little meaningful content and positive changes. Such a shame, and it was a promising game too.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Patch 2.37 (Hotfix)

The following warpaints are now available
-Waves
-Sun
-Erode
-Cortex
-Retch
-Attend

Predator
-Fixed an issue where EGS users were unable to access Wolf Predator
-Fixed an issue where the Wolf Predator Wrist Blades were not working as intended

Oof...

Kailem

Literally the only other thing I was actually expecting from this hotfix was for them to have made his mask a little less dark, and even with that super low bar they still managed not to cross it.

Yay for more warpaints I guess, but considering how many visual bugs and inaccuracies there are on him, it's a bit of a disappointment to say the least.

RidgeTop

Yeah their forums be raging over this. Typically when DLC has been locked after purchase they've fixed it promptly. This took 11 days to make him functional for all users and playable for some users. One of their moderators said that the patch was taking longer because...

"In the interest of making additional fixes based off of player feedback, we're delaying the patch a little more. Thank you for your patience!"

People had a lot of complaints regarding Wolf including mask shader darkness issues, lack of netting, no unique roar, no unique weapons (with a reskinned plasma pistol seeming like the acceptable bare minimum as a model was already created for his shoulder canon), bugged armor shaders (they're still bugged after this hotfix), shoulder canon being too small, and lack of a white eye.

I too was expecting AT LEAST the mask to be adjusted based on the feedback and with them taking this long... I've defended Illfonic but this is just bad. Seems like the worst received update yet for the game and makes me wonder if they really have just moved on. Who knows how much of that recent datamine we'll end up seeing. I hope they come back big for the game's anniversary, but they really missed the mark on this one.

Kailem

At this point I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we didn't get all or any of the other stuff that's been datamined. They can't keep putting out DLC for potentially the rest of the year if they're just going to be phoning it in as much as they did with this.

Samhain13

Samhain13

They lost all credibility as a serious gaming company over this incompetence , it was a complete failure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed