The Batman (2021)

Started by MudButt, Jan 31, 2019, 12:41:53 AM

Author
The Batman (2021) (Read 54,083 times)

MudButt

MudButt

The Batman, directed by Matt Reeves has finally been dated for June 25th, 2021.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/the-batman-june-2021-release-date-ben-affleck-not-starring-1202545821/

Ben Affleck is reportedly out as the movie will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne (something we've been hearing for months now).

Matt Reeves recently had an interview where he stated the movie will focus more on the detective aspect of Batman more so than any other movie has.

ace3g

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Can't wait for this, War for the Planet of the Apes is one of the best blockbusters of the past five years.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If this movie focuses on a younger Batman, does that mean it's a prequel to Affleck's version and that Affleck could still play Batman in any movies that take place in the Justice League era?

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2019, 03:46:56 AM
If this movie focuses on a younger Batman, does that mean it's a prequel to Affleck's version and that Affleck could still play Batman in any movies that take place in the Justice League era?

It's possible but it's looking like Affleck is walking away from DC. They want to focus on Reeves movies now.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2019, 03:46:56 AM

Possibly. How he'll be able to talk after that super cheek squishing from justice league is beyond me though. Maybe if Alfred gives him an advanced lipular massage.

The Old One

The Old One

Young Batman, again?

Michael Keaton Batman Beyond Pithee

MudButt

MudButt

It's the smart way to go. Affleck lost interest in the role. Gives Reeves a chance to play with a clean slate.

The Old One

The Old One

I've seen young Bruce Wayne/Batman done before excellently though (Batman Begins)- why do I need to see it again, I'm sick of watching the Waynes get killed.

MudButt

MudButt

I doubt they'll show the Wayne's getting killed. It's not an origin story. It's most likely going to have a Batman in action already he's just going to be younger so they can get a different actor.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 31, 2019, 06:07:35 AM
I doubt they'll show the Wayne's getting killed. It's not an origin story. It's most likely going to have a Batman in action already he's just going to be younger so they can get a different actor.
Precisely.

I'm okay with this. Onward and upward. If Affleck is done he's done. Waiting years and years for no reason isn't going to change that. Kilmer did one film, Keaton did two. Affleck was good in the role but life goes on.

I'm excited by the potential of a detective style Batman.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 31, 2019, 12:41:53 AM
Ben Affleck is reportedly out as the movie will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Huntsman on Jan 31, 2019, 12:21:47 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jan 31, 2019, 06:07:35 AM
Precisely.

I'm okay with this. Onward and upward. If Affleck is done he's done. Waiting years and years for no reason isn't going to change that. Kilmer did one film, Keaton did two. Affleck was good in the role but life goes on.

I'm excited by the potential of a detective style Batman.

Exactly. We've had way too much back and forth with Affleck anyways. It's obvious he's lost interest in the role most likely due to personal problems and the reception to the films. He's a director, he wants to work on his own projects and not spend years on these movies. I'm sure the whole Justice League situation really soured him.

I'd rather get someone fresh in there especially since it's been rumored that Matt Reeves wants to do a trilogy of films and that way they have an actor who can get in there and do 3 movies and be excited about the role. We could get some young blood in there like Dan Stevens, Jack Huston, or a Ben Barnes. I'd love it if they did go the Oscar Isaac route or Jon Hamm but they are probably a bit too old to do a younger Batman at this point.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jigsaw as Batman? Interesting.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 31, 2019, 07:07:48 PM
Jigsaw as Batman? Interesting.

He is good at being a playboy. Especially in the first season of Westworld. He does good work in The Punisher as well and I think he'd have a physical presence for sure with some added muscle. I don't think they can pull some A List star for the role. Get someone who does some good TV work and let them grow with the character. He's got the suave look for sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed