bobby brown

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 18, 2022, 11:14:36 PM
Yeah it's absolutely pathetic.

Jezuz, don't shit your pants.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I got the Panther Alien in the mail, it's cool but it's probably my least favorite of the Kenner remakes. The other figures have either a ton of all-new bodyparts or a ton of new bits tacked onto existing bodyparts, and from what I can tell the Panther kind of just has the head, the tail, and the magnetic parasite.

Like don't get me wrong, the head sculpt is cool and the parasite is a nice touch, but it's nowhere near as big of a design overhaul as, say, the Rhino, Snake, or Mantis.

I don't regret buying it at all, it just feels like kind of low-hanging fruit compared to something like, say, the Bull Alien.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Looking forward to the Fireteam stuff.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Finally the Runner and Prowler we all deserve's made it out into the wild, hopefully with a Drone and Warrior to follow, from Aliens Fireteam Elite.

https://youtu.be/CNKFooyON2Q
https://youtu.be/J-QeiiM7URY

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Saw some reviews on Youtube. It looks horrible... The neck is too long and thin and the alien looks goofy because of it. But the worst thing is how small the little bugger is! They compared him to the previous runner and this was ridiculous. I know AFE did make the runner smaller so technically Neca is accurate here, but that game really does crazy stuff with the proportions and should've been ignored... AFE's runner is way too small, the crusher is way too small and the warrior is way too big and sluggish. And we get higher prices for less plastic. Almost certainly a no from me, but maybe more reviews will change my mind.

I just rewatched A3 and the dragon was huge and imposing, not this tiny thing that games tended to show. I'm waiting for new reveals. Maybe I'll get the spitter, but if they do a drone and warrior in the correct scale, then I might consider them too. Crusher and Praetorian are a distant dream I doubt we'll see happen.   

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Utter nonsense. It's literally the Fireteam Elite model. Which's gorgeous.

This blows nearly all of NECA's previous Alien offerings out of the water and it is the definitive action figure of the Runner.

And the rest of them are the sizes they ought to be, other media representations can take a hike frankly, the Warriors were always too stocky even in Aliens itself and often too small in most other things, they are actually finally as big and lean as they always should have looked. As for the Dragon the size's of it is massively inconsistent even within Alien³ as it appears in from scene to scene.

judge death

judge death

I think he is pointing at the size and not details of the figure. Well we have in the books clear sizes of each one of them, the warrior is same size as the drone and what we saw in Aliens and Alien movies, most suit scenes in alien 3 and scenes to me make it nearly as big as the drone. Aliens fireteam elite also adapt the xenos to fit the role they have in the game so wouldnt take that games as correct, hell its still a arcade shoter game like dead or alive games...
Could check the books but Im too tired now. xD

I will have to wait until I get my hands on those, but so far no store in Sweden sells them yet....

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 05, 2022, 01:19:30 AMUtter nonsense. It's literally the Fireteam Elite model. Which's gorgeous.

This blows nearly all of NECA's previous Alien offerings out of the water and it is the definitive action figure of the Runner.

And the rest of them are the sizes they ought to be, other media representations can take a hike frankly, the Warriors were always too stocky even in Aliens itself and often too small in most other things, they are actually finally as big and lean as they always should have looked. As for the Dragon the size's of it is massively inconsistent even within Alien³ as it appears in from scene to scene.

Have you watched any reviews? Judge death got me, the details are nice (though not perfect, I'll get back to that), but the size difference is crazy huge, more then any inconsistency in Alien 3. She says in the film, an 8ft creature. This guy won't be close compared to the marines. Here's a video:

The size comparison starts at 7:09, that will look ridiculous compared to other humans and aliens as well. And look from 8:45 to 9:00 and tell me that long neck and face close up doesn't look ridiculous with that overbite?

I have no problem making the warriors bigger, but when you do that and then make the runners smaller, it looks ridiculous in the game. Not to mention in the game that the drone is noticeably smaller that the warrior whereas I personally think the difference should've been smaller or non existent, but that's less of an issue. The game has beautiful models, but the proportional sizing is really off IMO. I was looking forward to the runner, but seeing how small he is, he really won't fit in with my collection. And the long neck looks silly, if it's not possible enough, I won't even be able to pose the creature well. When you add to that the fact I'm still salty Neca gave these new runners single jointed elbows, I do feel disappointed, especially when there has been so little news for alien figures.

The sculpt is beautiful, but the proportions are very weird to me. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have seen it, and NECA's always had it's stuff on the larger size, and apart from the W-Y Commandos their humans have always been subpar.

For me it will scale perfectly with Kotobukiya's Alien stuff, and the MAFEX Alien so I am overjoyed.

It does not look ridiculous it looks great, I will take the slight overbite over their film versions being complete pieces of shit and inaccurate in every respect only worth it perhaps for the accessories sometimes.

This looks good because they are not doing the sculpting themselves this go around, and single elbows on the arms I can deal with when it can actually pose the far more important legs this time.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm sorry if that's harsh but it's how I feel.

I can't wait to get some of them around closer to my birthday time.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I'll be honest, I never liked how Neca's Aliens and Pred scaled with their humans, they always seemed oversized, so this is kind of a plus to me

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I will point out that the previous Neca Runners have been on the comically large size (seriously, if you take advantage of those long elegant legs to do interesting, non crouchy poses, it ends up more like 11-12 feet tall in-scale), so this being much smaller isn't really so terrible.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I just really hope that this new runner when it's standing upright, that it won't be the same height as the Neca marines... I'll wait and see.

Fair enough if you people like smaller aliens for other collections or as a standalone piece. We'll agree to disagree, I personally like my aliens big and of similar scale to each other. I'll see how future reviews show the figure (waiting for D Amazing to make a video on this creature, as an expert figure poser, if he can't pose this creature well, no one can) and after that I'll decide if I'll get this beast.

The advantage of their figures was that the sculpt was really nice even though not perfect, they had a varied lineup, and they were large and cheap. With their prices going up and up, I'm sad that we're getting less of a figure plastic wise for more money than before... But if they make that huge AFE Praetorian, all is forgiven! The reused Alien Isolation xenomorph called the Defiance Praetorian with the ugly and inaccurate head does not count.   

judge death

judge death

I like the size of the humans and the aliens neca has released, runner and drone/warrior is a good size. :P So to me the fireteam elite runner that is half of the original runner in size is too small, but will get it anyway and be able to compare them but the marines will dwarf it. xD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed