Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 861,875 times)

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I think I forgot to mention that I also have the AVPR Inside the Monster Shop book. Such an awesome book!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Private Hudson on Mar 27, 2009, 03:49:32 AM
I take my figures up and clean the shelf, then the figure itself. Although my LOTR collection consists of dioramas, so I just clean the shelf around them.

I haven't ever cleaned the actual figures. Save for wiping the dust off the Alien heads. The Predator figures especially are just too fragile.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Thanks all for the approval. I actually just took everything off and dusted yesterday. It's never been that much trouble for me, since I enjoy rearranging everything afterwards. The only really problematic things are the smaller Palisades statues, which are quite difficult to safely dust.

And my Hunt for Red October is 28th printing lol. I never bothered much with collectibility in my Clancy stuff.

War Wager

War Wager

Sideshow/ADI's Scar mask came in the post today, very elegant and sleek lookin'. That makes my rather expensive collection... 5 items strong. :P

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

That's better than me, lol. The only expensive things I've got are the Palisades Signature Big Chap Statue, the Kotobukiya Grid Model Kit, and the Leading Edge RPG book. I can't afford the big stuff most of the time, so I just pick up little things when I can. Eventually I'll get some more big things...

War Wager

War Wager

Since the 30th anniversary of Alien is coming up, I've decided to order the most expensive and most accurate maquette of Kane's Son ever made:

Should be here by the end of the month and hopefully I'll have a decent digital camera by then. A pic with this beside the Chet maquette should be very interesting.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't remember the head being quite so bulbous in the middle.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

:'( that's beautiful. Just beautiful. Slobber...

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

*drool*

Gawd that is beautiful! I totally agree to Ash! How much did it cost?

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 04, 2009, 04:14:54 PM
Since the 30th anniversary of Alien is coming up, I've decided to order the most expensive and most accurate maquette of Kane's Son ever made:

http://www.cinemaquette.com/cinemaquette/images/alien1.jpg

http://www.cinemaquette.com/cinemaquette/images/alien2.jpg

http://www.cinemaquette.com/cinemaquette/images/alien3.jpg

http://www.cinemaquette.com/cinemaquette/images/alien4.jpg

Should be here by the end of the month and hopefully I'll have a decent digital camera by then. A pic with this beside the Chet maquette should be very interesting.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SiL

SiL

Is that the one signed by Giger on the plaque at the bottom? Limited to some number of thousands?

I saw them ages ago. $5k a pop.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't remember the head being that thick at the back end though. Wasn't the actual head on the suit thin, through and through?

War Wager

War Wager

You're right there. Assuming that this is the original suit, it was more streamlined:

Quote from: SiL on Apr 10, 2009, 09:17:52 PM
Is that the one signed by Giger on the plaque at the bottom? Limited to some number of thousands?

I saw them ages ago. $5k a pop.

Yep.

It really is a stunning maquette, can't wait 'til it gets here.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I added the NECA blue Aliens Warrior to my collection :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 11, 2009, 02:54:58 PM
You're right there. Assuming that this is the original suit, it was more streamlined:

Sweet Jesus, that...is...BEAUTIFUL.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed