Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 863,098 times)

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 02, 2009, 03:28:10 AM
Sweet Jesus, that blue Alien looks delicious... :o

LOL.
It's the same alien under different lighting conditions. (Sideshow diorama)
I now have the entire set. That's what I meant by "acquisitions".

War Wager

War Wager

Wit? All of 'em?

I envy you. I can't find the Giger Alien anywhere.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Well, maybe I can help you find one.  ;)
I got the ALIEN dio at BBTS for $111.99 + s&h. They still have them in stock for that price.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SSC10473&mode=retail

The next thing to arrive should be the Hot Toys dog alien.
(not my pic)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: FACEBOX on Dec 31, 2008, 02:21:38 AM

Darwinsgirl
I suggest that you look for the original McFarlane ALIEN.
Sure it's painted, but if you hold it up to a light, you'll see that it's also clear.
If that's not clear enough for your liking.... try the Hive Wars alien, or the Medicom alien.
They both are available in transparent plastic.

And as for making a clear figure fully illuminate. The trick is to angle the light so that it lights up the front of the figure.
Here is an example:
- You can use regular Puck-Lights, however, I used the lights provided with the Halo 3 line (Cortana)

Thanks so much for the info.  :)

I spent a couple of hours on ebay today (21 pages) looking for a clear Alien. I did see a couple of McFarlane Alien..I think it was a 12 inch figure for $39.95 to $49.95 opening bid if memory serves me :P . I had no idea it was clear? Otherwise there were no clear Aliens on there loose or boxed.  I'll watch for Hive War & Medicom versions. I have some Hive War figures in storage. I don't think I've ever had a clear one? I bought them from KB Outlets...so it was hit or miss. One of the employees there sold toys on the side at shows so he would snatch all the desirable figures from the cases. So I probably only have the common ones :-\

I can't wait to try one of the multi color LCD stands on one of them :D

P.S.

That Dog Alien from Hot Toys is listed on ebay...but all from China! And not for the price BBTS had them ;).

I book marked that site!  Thanks Again!

Requiem28

Requiem28

nice collections guys!  :o

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Gah, every time I try to post pictures at the moment the site pretty much says no...

"Database Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
File: /home/content/D/a/r/DarknessRules/html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2903"

I will retry later...

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Hmm yeah, I really don't have much of a collection. As far as novels go, I have Aliens Rogue, Labyrinth, Alien, Alien Resurrection, AVP, Aliens vs Predator Prey, Aliens vs Predator Hunter's Planet, and AVP Thril of the Hunt graphic novel. As far as toys go, I had a Aliens figure that was made by some japanese company, and its foot broke when I was putting it together, and its arms have broken off as well. I also have a Hasbro Newborn which I like.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Gonna try this again...

Doin' a small dump. More will come!

I am in love with my studio light kit!

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

"Nice looking pets you got there" to quote...I think Spunkmeyer? to Bishop

Got any of your dog? (((kidding)))   :D

You have the dog alien so that counts. ;)

Are these McFarlane,Hot Toys,Side Show...or???

And by Studio light kit do you mean..lamps..back drops...or software for the computer? I'm assuming you shot this in a dark room..with just a lamp on them?

My favs of this group is the 3rd pic of the clear dome Alien...where its hand is almost touching you :o . And the last predator :)

And by fav of the Alien. I mean the picture itself & the pose. I like the dome detail & the body. But I'm not too big a fan of the "big" long finger hands...it works veery well in that pose though.

Corporal Hicks

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Nice pictures Mikey!  :o

Corporal Hicks....uummm....it's faceBOX  ;)
That statue looks great! I'd love to get one too, but I doubt that I'll be able to.  :'(
If you already have the Master Chief helmet that comes with the game....I can hardly imagine how cool your display area will look.  :o :o :o

Rep for you my friend!  8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorry, was browsing Facebook at the time.  :-[ I never got the Legendary version of the game. The ripping was getting to be too much. I settled with the special edition.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Mikey...those are some funky poses you've got there for your stuff lol. How'd you manage to push the legs in your 18" Alien in so far? I can't pull that off...

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 05, 2009, 04:48:17 PM
Mikey...those are some funky poses you've got there for your stuff lol. How'd you manage to push the legs in your 18" Alien in so far? I can't pull that off...

I always try to go for some pose that isn't the norm.
And the legs aren't even in all the way, it's the angle of the photo. But I go back every once and a while, to see if I can push the legs in further.
Not as much anymore, I like to have bruise free hands.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How does your Predalien NOT fall over like that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed