Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 863,146 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Thank you..thank you...thank you!

I'll check out my local Ikea!

And that is the maquette/statue I saw on Ebay. Your pics were better than the seller's  :D

I also noticed that you have a "clear" looking predator on top of the shelves. And something I always wanted to try is to set it on one of those LCD stands where the light changes color (used for crystal mini statue's about $5 - $7.00) and see if it would cause the figure to change colors :D. The plastic or resin may not refract the light though???

I think it would make a cool display if it worked. 8)

You also mentioned setting books or calenders behind..maybe photo copying pics or covers from them which could be blown up or shrunk down to fit behind it? (I keep tropical fish & they sell natural back grounds you tape to the tank for a natural look) I don't know it it would work?...but I like how your display looks with a "back drop" for better choice of words.                             

I"ll have to try it when I get mine.  ;)

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 31, 2008, 08:40:02 AM
Damn all you "foggy" dome Alien guys to hell.

Where are you finding these?

i got mine as a present but try spencers they have alot there

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Here are my latest additions, Movie Maniacs Dog Alien and A:R Warrior:

XenoVC

XenoVC

Nice,but McFarlane's Alien Res figure is horrible.

It didn't even look THAT bad in the movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Agreed, the toy is green (!) and for some reason, it has fleshy outgrowths on its arms. And like AvP figures, the feet and rib cage aren't screen accurate.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

The Dog Alien looks good. :)

Looking at the figures here is so much better then many of the pics posted on Ebay.

So many times they just show the figure in the box...I understand they don't open them so to keep the "new..unopened" condition.  But you can't really see the detail of the figure. :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Dog Alien is really cool too, but the inner jaw is messed up. I push the button on the back of the head, but I have to physically reach in with my finger, and push the tongue down to get it to come out :P

XenoPred

XenoPred

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Dec 31, 2008, 06:04:19 PM
I also noticed that you have a "clear" looking predator on top of the shelves. And something I always wanted to try is to set it on one of those LCD stands where the light changes color (used for crystal mini statue's about $5 - $7.00) and see if it would cause the figure to change colors :D. The plastic or resin may not refract the light though???

I think it would make a cool display if it worked. 8)                   

It does work to a degree...(this is using an ultrabright LED push-light):

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Wow....I love it!   8)    The predator with the claws out & holding the pipe shows up better. I think due to having some contrast with the paint on it.Though I like the pose of the one with the spear. The back ground you've posed them in front of looks like its from the power loader? I only assume this cause of the black/yellow banding on the rail. Great look for it

Make a great night light  ;)

Thanks for trying it! :)

And LCD don't get hot...so it won't affect the figure?

The color change kind may not work...may not be bright enough & only light up the legs. Still might make for a neat effect??.

Now to find a "clear" Alien...I don't collect Predator. 

I do have one Predator in my collection (other then 2 figure packs). I think its a Kenner about 9" or 10" tall in the box. Reading topics here...it must be a "Jungle" one.  I originally bought it to pose with one of my alien figures.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jan 01, 2009, 02:32:29 PM

Wow....I love it!   8)    The predator with the claws out & holding the pipe shows up better. I think due to having some contrast with the paint on it.Though I like the pose of the one with the spear. The back ground you've posed them in front of looks like its from the power loader? I only assume this cause of the black/yellow banding on the rail. Great look for it

Make a great night light  ;)

Thanks for trying it! :)

And LCD don't get hot...so it won't affect the figure?

The color change kind may not work...may not be bright enough & only light up the legs. Still might make for a neat effect??.

I do have one Predator in my collection (other then 2 figure packs). I think its a Kenner about 9" or 10" tall in the box. Reading topics here...it must be a "Jungle" one.  I originally bought it to pose with one of my alien figures.
clear aliens? they pop up on ebay every now and then, so check there. you might have to buy it as a 2 pack with a clear predator but still its worth it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FACEBOX on Dec 31, 2008, 02:21:38 AM
Congrats man!
It's a awesome figure! How many Halo 3 figures do you have now?
I've bought a few more myself (Arbiter, and some more multi-player figures)

I just brought the Jackal Major too. That makes 3. Lol. I've got one Series 1 Red EVA Spartan. Lol. I do intend on collecting the Single Player stuff. There's just too many MP ones. I intend on getting the ODST soon. They look so awesome.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: XenoPred on Jan 01, 2009, 11:24:22 AM

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/xenopredator/AVPCollection/cloakedpred2.jpg

I saw that bad boy for sale for $22 online. Prolly gonna pick it up sometime next month.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Byohzrd on Jan 01, 2009, 04:26:58 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jan 01, 2009, 02:32:29 PM

clear aliens? they pop up on ebay every now and then, so check there. you might have to buy it as a 2 pack with a clear predator but still its worth it.

Great....thanks....I didn't know there were any made. I'll start looking today  ;)

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 01, 2009, 04:28:55 PM
Quote from: FACEBOX on Dec 31, 2008, 02:21:38 AM
Congrats man!
It's a awesome figure! How many Halo 3 figures do you have now?
I've bought a few more myself (Arbiter, and some more multi-player figures)

I just brought the Jackal Major too. That makes 3. Lol. I've got one Series 1 Red EVA Spartan. Lol. I do intend on collecting the Single Player stuff. There's just too many MP ones. I intend on getting the ODST soon. They look so awesome.

Cool!  8)
Well, you're off to a great start. I also agree that McF over did it with the MP figures. It's a good business strategy though.
As for the ODST....they're definitely great, however, there are a few things to look out for.
They are not as articulates as the spartans, so they can't go into a seated position without breaking.  :'(
I hope you get all the ones you're looking for. LMK if you need any help finding them, however, EBAY would be your best bet for finding them all for cheap.

Darwinsgirl
I suggest that you look for the original McFarlane ALIEN.
Sure it's painted, but if you hold it up to a light, you'll see that it's also clear.
If that's not clear enough for your liking.... try the Hive Wars alien, or the Medicom alien.
They both are available in transparent plastic.

And as for making a clear figure fully illuminate. The trick is to angle the light so that it lights up the front of the figure.
Here is an example:
- You can use regular Puck-Lights, however, I used the lights provided with the Halo 3 line (Cortana)

Oh, I almost forgot! :P
Here are some "teaser" pictures of my X-mas acquisitions.

More coming soon.  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sweet Jesus, that blue Alien looks delicious... :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed