Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 861,468 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 25, 2008, 04:12:54 AM
I had that happen with my first NECA Alien I bought. Took it out of the package, and the knees snapped right off. I didn't even apply pressure, they just broke.
I exchanged it the next day for a new one, and haven't had any problems since.

Did they just fall off as soon as it came out of the box, or did you actually touch it at all?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 27, 2008, 03:45:17 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 25, 2008, 04:12:54 AM
I had that happen with my first NECA Alien I bought. Took it out of the package, and the knees snapped right off. I didn't even apply pressure, they just broke.
I exchanged it the next day for a new one, and haven't had any problems since.

Did they just fall off as soon as it came out of the box, or did you actually touch it at all?
I touched it. I took off the twisty-ties holding it in place, took it out of the package, and then went to straighten out the legs so I could stand the figure up and both legs snapped off at the knees.

As for quality control... I dunno, I guess. It's the first (and so far, only) NECA figure I've got that broke in any way, and I have a bunch of NECA figures (including non-Alien/AvP ones).

ArielAleXCo

ArielAleXCo

bad quality.

on Saturday i went to the "comic rock show" and i was able to see 4 close mandibules wolf.... WITHOUT mandibules (the left one, i mean the part that only has one mandibule), and 1 WITHOUT head... yes... with no head.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

NECA should hire better conveour belt guys.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

May as well post what I got...

Figures:
Kenner Alien vs Predator 12" Ultimate Battle Set
Kenner AVP 2 Pack
Kenner Snake Alien
Kenner Panther Alien
Kenner Mantis Alien
Kenner Crab Alien
Kenner Queen Alien
Kenner Gorilla Alien
Kenner Bull Alien
Kenner Hive Wars Warrior Alien
Kenner Hive Wars Hicks
Kenner Hive Wars Predator Warrior
Kenner Hive Wars Acid Alien
Kenner Alien Resurrection Warrior Alien
Kenner Alien Resurrection Aqua Alien
Kenner Alien Resurrection Battle Scar Alien
Kenner Alien Resurrection Newborn Alien
MM6 Alien Warrior
{I have another Kenner figure but I don't remember what it's called. You push the legs a certain way and it tilts its head down and shows orange spikes on its head}
Several Micromachines sets along with the Alien Head playset thing.

DVDs:
Alien Legacy set
AVP
AVP: Requiem
Predator
Predator 2 Special edition.

Games:

AVP Gold Edition
AVP2
AVP2 Primal Hunt
EDIT: Aliens: Thanatos Encounter {kind of forgot about it}
{I plan on getting Predator: Concrete Jungle soon and possibly AVP: Requiem for PSP}

Books:
{none but when my stepdad kicks the bucket I'll get his collection}

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Deathbearer on Oct 08, 2008, 03:45:13 PM
Books:

Cold dude.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I know {gigglesnort}

anyways I picked up AVP: Requiem for the PSP today. It's better than I thought it would be. I like it :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Got a couple of signed book plates from the Perry's to add to my collection. Might stick 'em in their respective books.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 11, 2008, 12:10:15 PM
Got a couple of signed book plates from the Perry's to add to my collection. Might stick 'em in their respective books.

Very cool.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: An-Alien on Oct 12, 2008, 04:46:19 PM
Quote from: Private Hudson on Oct 11, 2008, 01:20:53 AM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Oct 08, 2008, 03:45:13 PM
Books:

Cold dude.

LOL, thats messed up. :D
I'm so bad

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well I'm at my parents' house and they actually have a camera that doesn't suck, so I figured I'd take some pictures of random Aliens/Predator/AvP doodads I've got lying around. This is far from my "complete" collection, just some random stuff I had lying around or dug out of boxes while I was visiting.

Here's the PredAlien figure by NECA Toys, from 'AvP: Requiem':

Here's old-school Hicks and Drake figures (okay, I cheated, they're series 2 repaints; I don't own the original ones):

Here's my JUMBO 12" Predator figure, he's pretty kickass. He's supposed to hold a disc in his left hand, but the disc is sitting at my other house right now.

Here's the McFarlane Toys version of the Aliens from 'Alien Resurrection'. It's an alright figure, but it's not very screen accurate:

Meanwhile, here's my repaint of the Hasbro version of the same 'Alien Resurrection' Alien, from their 1997 Alien Resurrection toyline. I painted the whole thing black, then drybrushed it in metallic-steel and detailed the teeth and claws with metallic-silver. I like how it turned out. :)

Here's my repaint of the Betty, the ship from 'Alien Resurrection'. It's about the size of a half-dollar, and it came with one of the other Alien Resurrection figures. Originally the little thing was, like, striped yellow and green camo and it looked really shitty, so I did it up in the colors it actually was in the movie.

Old-school Ripley toy:

New(er) Alien Resurrection Ripley figure. I actually repainted the gun with metallic silver and black detailing so it looks like it did in the movie.

Old-school "Renegade Predator" figure from the old AvP 2-pack figure set:

The more recent Hot Toys "Aliens Snap Kit" Alien figure (Blue version. It comes in 3 colors, blue, greenish-brown, and reddish-brown. I only have the blue one). It's about 4 or so inches tall, and it's one of my favorite Alien figures I've got. It's really cool.

And now for some of the cards from the Aliens/Predator Universe trading card set. About half the cards are covers from various Aliens/Predator/AvP comics, and then the other half are "artistic interpretations" of the AvP universe by random artists.

Uh, yeah:

"Mating ritual":

The card back says "Artist Neil Vokes examines a Predator mating ritual that suggests a literal "battle of the sexes," more contest than courtship."

This card quite literally has the Predator holding the skull of Dracula, according to the back of the card. I am not joking.

My personal favorite card. I'm a big fan of Adam Hughes, though, so that's probably why.

And to top it off, my AvP/AvP:Requiem "cosbaby" Predators:

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I need to get a camera damn it!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's what you said back in July.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I know, this sucks.

An-Alien

An-Alien

Id sell you my camera, but im too much of an asshole to sell it.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed