Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 861,555 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Trouble with Scar's is that as soon as I took him out of the box and flipped up his caster holder, it snapped like a twig. I super-glued it back on which worked, but b/c the leg joints can be flimsy, he fell over one too many times and broke again :-[

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Hi all! I haven't been on here in a while, the end of my summer was busy, changed jobs had to move, I'm pretty much set up now.

If anyone remembers I posted in a thread about my NECA Wolf falling off of a bookcase and snapping his leg, at the time I suspected the dog knocked the shelf and that caused it. Well I bought a new one, I waited a while to open it because I knew I was moving and I didn't want to have to re-package anything I didn't have to. Well I've been moved a month so I decided to open it up.

I open up the new Wolf and his leg is broke!!!! :o I'm shocked >:( two Wolf's with broken legs. So now I'm wondering if the other Wolf didn't have a weak knee joint too, and it snapped and that is why it fell, if you have a NECA Wolf  keep an eye on your Wolf's knee joints. It was the same leg too.  Wolf's left leg. ???  So I won't be buying any more Predator's from NECA, not if they are designed the same way.

I have one more unopened masked Wolf, the other two were unmasked, here's crossing my fingers he isn't broke too!!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Better safe than sorry dude, leave em in the box. Same thing happened to my Cloaked Wolf.

And ya, welcome back! I did notice you'd been gone for some time :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Leave them in the package? HERESY!
Free them from their tiny plastic prisons!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Lol, that's what I used to do!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 21, 2008, 06:19:31 PM
Lol, that's what I used to do!
Used to do? Like, you don't any more?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No. I was worried about their quality degrading if I took them out of their boxes which in some cases has happened like I already mentioned earlier.

ArielAleXCo

ArielAleXCo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 21, 2008, 10:42:24 PM
No. I was worried about their quality degrading if I took them out of their boxes which in some cases has happened like I already mentioned earlier.

and you buy portraits with pictures of other people and dont take the photo out .... because your own photos might degrade in color so... why use it???

Also... what would you do if you buy a HotToys figure... leave it on its box...??

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was referring to losing small items or parts breaking off, not so much colour fading.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I want to get some more figures soon.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 21, 2008, 04:01:16 PM
Better safe than sorry dude, leave em in the box. Same thing happened to my Cloaked Wolf.

And ya, welcome back! I did notice you'd been gone for some time :)

Thanks! Yeah I have three theories on this, either they were forced into the packaging, they are made out of weak plastics, or the knee joints are designed wrong. Or all three!

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

We need some more pictures.

ArielAleXCo

ArielAleXCo

today i went to my favorite toy store ( the one that gets predators for me ) ... just to watch a guy havin problem with the alien 1 neca toy.... it was brand new... and broken...

well... it would be more like des-asambeled (neca's built it yourself alien. jajajaj).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Sep 25, 2008, 03:53:57 AM
today i went to my favorite toy store ( the one that gets predators for me ) ... just to watch a guy havin problem with the alien 1 neca toy.... it was brand new... and broken...

well... it would be more like des-asambeled (neca's built it yourself alien. jajajaj).
I had that happen with my first NECA Alien I bought. Took it out of the package, and the knees snapped right off. I didn't even apply pressure, they just broke.
I exchanged it the next day for a new one, and haven't had any problems since.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 25, 2008, 04:12:54 AM
Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Sep 25, 2008, 03:53:57 AM

I had that happen with my first NECA Alien I bought. Took it out of the package, and the knees snapped right off. I didn't even apply pressure, they just broke.
I exchanged it the next day for a new one, and haven't had any problems since.

I don't think NECA has very good quality control.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed