Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 862,626 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

When you say "custom Warrior", what do you mean?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He probably modified it so that it would stick to the ceiling.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

That was awesome :o

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 17, 2008, 07:02:34 PM
When you say "custom Warrior", what do you mean?

I modified the figure and gave it a crouching pose. All of McFarlane's Aliens (except the dog) were standing. Although in the movies they are rarely seen in such poses. They are crawling and crouching most of the time. And since one of my warrior's leg broke off (poor quality), I decided to take the chance to customize it. And it looks really nice climbing aswell ;)
Here are some more pics:

Greetings
DB

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How'd you go about modding it?

The Demon

The Demon

More importantly, how did you get a Celtic Predator with normal wristblades?

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 20, 2008, 02:15:20 PM
How'd you go about modding it?

Well I cut the legs in half. Then I used green stuff and epoxy sculpt to sculpt the parts together in a different position. Of course the new sculpted connection had to receive the same structures as the skin of the Alien. Finally I repainted those parts and added a gloss finish to make the Alien look slimey and wet. That's it. :)

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2008, 03:12:57 PM
More importantly, how did you get a Celtic Predator with normal wristblades?

That was an easy modification. I pulled the old wristblades out gently and cut them off in the right length. Then I simply glued them back into place. ;)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Is it the McFarlane Toys Celtic Predator? How did you remove the huge "chopper" blades from both arms? I'm looking at doing it for my McFarlane Scar Predator, and I'm not sure how to do it other than "snap off the blades, file down the remains, paint".

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 20, 2008, 03:48:54 PM
Is it the McFarlane Toys Celtic Predator? How did you remove the huge "chopper" blades from both arms? I'm looking at doing it for my McFarlane Scar Predator, and I'm not sure how to do it other than "snap off the blades, file down the remains, paint".

Yes it's Celtic from McF.
That's really easy to do. Just pull them blades out gently. Grab them at the point where they're put into the arm. They're not hard to pull out at all. I've done it with Scar and Celtic without snapping any of the blades.

A tip:
I didn't do it but it might help:
Use a hair dryer or hot water to soften the plastic of the arms. The blade will come out even more easy.

Hope I could help you out.

Greetings
DB

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I got the right blade out, currently working on the left one. O might try that hot water idea later after I get home from work.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 20, 2008, 04:21:43 PM
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I got the right blade out, currently working on the left one. O might try that hot water idea later after I get home from work.

That's pretty much the easiest trick to loosen them.
It even helps with warped weapons and stuff. Simply put them into boiling water - adjust the shape - then instantly cool them with really cold water - Done.
Just don't scald yourself  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Gah, knowing me, I'd break the blades as soon as I touch them lol...I need to be more careful with my stuff, I've already lost one Facehugger from my McF 7" Alien and the caster from McF Scar has broken!

The Demon

The Demon

I would those bastard sidearm blades instantly with no problem.  :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 20, 2008, 09:10:56 PM
Gah, knowing me, I'd break the blades as soon as I touch them lol...I need to be more careful with my stuff, I've already lost one Facehugger from my McF 7" Alien and the caster from McF Scar has broken!
I actually totally lost the plasmacasters from Celtic and Scar. I have no idea where they went.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed