Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers* (Read 54,400 times)

Evanus

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 20, 2017, 05:04:50 PM

Oh, okay. I sure this has been asked before, but was it creative differences between him and Ridley that led to his departure?
Didn't his son post some spoilers online? I think it had something to do with that.

MajorB

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 20, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

Oh, okay. I sure this has been asked before, but was it creative differences between him and Ridley that led to his departure?
Didn't his son post some spoilers online? I think it had something to do with that.

Well, someone named "musicians son" did post some very tame spoilers after being shown a few scenes. I can't see him being fired for that unless he was not supposed to be shown those scenes in the first place or, even less likely, also the source of the set picture leak.

The official reason the composer was sacked was that he wasn't the right fit for the material. Funnily enough, the Wikipedia page for the movie was edited to claim that the composer left because he thought the movie was bad. I assumed that was the son's work and edited it out.

echobbase79

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 20, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

Oh, wow. That's sucks. I guess he didn't explain to his what the NDA is all about.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: MajorB on Apr 20, 2017, 02:46:29 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 20, 2017, 02:25:14 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 20, 2017, 02:47:09 AM
It's alright, but doubt its better than the rejected score by Gregson-Williams.  Even if Gregson-Williams wrote an inappropriate score, I can't imagine we're better off with this rehashed and remixed stuff.

So he actually wrote a score for the movie? I thought he left before even writing a sheet of music.

We actually saw a few sheets of his score. He was fired a little after recording of his version began.

No, you saw a few sheets of the Alien: Covenant "soundscape" recordings that were composed by Stefan Behrisch.

Gregson-Williams left because of scheduling conflicts. He wasn't "sacked".

MajorB

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 20, 2017, 05:25:35 PM
Quote from: MajorB on Apr 20, 2017, 02:46:29 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 20, 2017, 02:25:14 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 20, 2017, 02:47:09 AM
It's alright, but doubt its better than the rejected score by Gregson-Williams.  Even if Gregson-Williams wrote an inappropriate score, I can't imagine we're better off with this rehashed and remixed stuff.

So he actually wrote a score for the movie? I thought he left before even writing a sheet of music.

We actually saw a few sheets of his score. He was fired a little after recording of his version began.

No, you saw a few sheets of the Alien: Covenant "soundscape" recordings that were composed by Stefan Behrisch.

My bad, it is an easy mistake to make.

Gregson-Williams left because of scheduling conflicts. He wasn't "sacked".

This doesn't jibe with his own statement, the IMDb link or the Wikipedia vandalism.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: MajorB on Apr 20, 2017, 05:34:42 PM
This doesn't jibe with his own statement, the IMDb link or the Wikipedia vandalism.

From Gregson-Williams via his facebook page:

QuoteSchedules and one's expectations of scoring a film don't always fit and this one wasn't going to work out. I move on to another project with gratitude to have worked on many movies with Ridley Scott where the moons did indeed align and I had the chance to burrow in to the core of the project and do the job!

How does it not "jibe with his own statement"?

And Wikipedia and IMDb are about as reputable as that guy on the street corner claiming to be Emperor Napoleon I.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

This thread has got me into re-listening to Jerry Goldsmith's soundtrack filmography.  The man was a flipping genius...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIZ0Iyz99p0&list=PLNQokGm1k9iFko6k-3cqO7Y-kc5Ed9NUd

We'll never see the like again.  It's music like this which reminds me of just how beautiful life can be...

jdxmoore

There's a preview of "Grass Attack" available on UK Amazon. Sounds good 👍🏻

Bad Replicant

Quote from: jdxmoore on Apr 21, 2017, 08:15:13 AM

More Goldsmith sprinkles!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Covenant-Original-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B06ZZMQCN6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492770455&sr=8-2&keywords=alien+covenant+soundtrack

The full track is available to purchase of a £1 too.

I've only listened to the preview but ends with some more Goldsmith.

John Doe

Hope to heard it soon, looks more and more like the Isolation OST (Goldsmith).

I think Ridley was very influenced by the game, GoPro, etc...

Necronomicon II

Wouldn't surprise me if the producers brought up Isolation and showed some of it to Scott but I doubt the man has touched a video game in his life ha.

lv_226

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Apr 21, 2017, 11:17:36 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if the producers brought up Isolation and showed some of it to Scott but I doubt the man has touched a video game in his life ha.
Isolation is the way to go if you want to bring back the terror of Alien.

*Room at Fox's studios Sydney*

Producer: *shows Ridley Scott a few minutes of Alien:Isolation game-play*
                  So, what do you think Ridley?
Ridley Scott: *white as a ghost*
                  Bloody hell....

St_Eddie

Urgh... yet more 'member berries.

I really like the last preview track, 'Alien Covenant Theme' though.  Original and majestic.

Stolen

Intense track, especially the end, promising!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed