30 Days for 30 Years / 30th Anniversary of Alien 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 23, 2022, 03:29:27 PM

Author
30 Days for 30 Years / 30th Anniversary of Alien 3 (Read 8,110 times)

Corporal Hicks

BlueMarsalis79

Yes! Excellent. 😁

Kradan

30 days ? I hope I last that long

BlueMarsalis79

I hope you will, sending you all my best wishes.

Kradan

That's very sweet of you, thank you  ;)

acrediblesource

Wow, Alien3's BTS writting journey would make a great documentary IMHO! hope everything comes to light soon so maybe there might be a story to tell!

Corporal Hicks

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Will you be making that long procrastinated Dawdon beach pilgrimage for the anniversary?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 24, 2022, 04:45:14 PM
Will you be making that long procrastinated Dawdon beach pilgrimage for the anniversary?

It's unlikely. One day, though. One day!

Kradan

Ridley looks so miserable in that pic

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Here Ridley visits the Alien 3 set (Andrew's office) during production::

Note the dippy bird.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I had intended to get a cap of that footage, but it was so awkward trying to get it off the Bluray.

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 26, 2022, 01:41:12 PM

https://alienseries.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/bscshfocqaitrlp.jpg

Note the dippy bird.

Seeing Ridley without facial hair makes me anxious

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 26, 2022, 01:41:12 PM

https://alienseries.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/bscshfocqaitrlp.jpg

Note the dippy bird.

Here is a small quote from Fincher from 1992 regarding Ridley's visit to the set.  Quote from The Independent:

Quote"I always thought Ridley was brilliant and I never appreciated how brilliant he was until I tried to make this movie. Actually, he came down to the set once when we were setting fire to something. In he walked with his silk suit and one of his big Cuban cigars, looking fabulous. Ridley asked how it was going and I said, 'Really bad.' And he said, 'It never goes well ... this is not the way to make movies, make sure you make a little film where you have some control whilst they're beating you up"

They did film a snippet of the dippy bird used towards the end of the film but it was only used in the Alien 3 workprint.

Quality isn't the best.

St_Eddie

I'm glad they didn't use that shot of the dippy bird in the final edit.  I'm sick of the stupid dippy bird.  It turns up in everything Alien related.  It's the worst kind of fan service.  The dippy bird was a cute little item onboard the Nostromo.  There's no reason why it would be on every other spaceship or colony.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed