Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Mar 28, 2022, 08:48:52 AM

Will you be celebrating it in any fashion?

Yes and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
4 (11.1%)
Yes and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
20 (55.6%)
No and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
2 (5.6%)
No and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
10 (27.8%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author
Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022 (Read 12,507 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PsyKore on Apr 21, 2022, 11:03:53 AM
I don't expect anything. But my dream is that they replace the rod puppet effects with a CGI alien, or at least go over the effects to make it seamless in the film. Seeing Spike with the level of CGI as seen in Covenant, for instance, would be insane. I know there's many factors that prevent this, but it's a dream of mine and I believe the film deserves touching up.

I'd be content with a CGI replacement, but honestly I'd like to see that original puppet put into the footage without the poor composition. That's even more unlikely. lol

BlueMarsalis79

You mean just like the videos on the prior page?

It's not unlikely at all as you can see above, it's a work in progress situation, and we have word from Alien Archive that we have an official equivalent out there somewhere just waiting to be released someday.

Corporal Hicks

I admit I only watched a little of the opening of the video was like "just looks a bit darker" but it's really obvious in those shots. The second one in particular you can really see the matte lines disappearing.

Master

Master

The dream come true would've been Assembly Cut with Ox scene replaced by Dog one and upscaled to 4k. Cleaned up special effects are also welcomed.

judge death

judge death

I doubt we will get a such release since its disney, physical movies seems to be something they dont want to do and said some years ago they wont do with alien movies, so at best we might get a time limited stream if they do a update to alien 3. :/

Kradan

Kradan

Back when Kradan was just a small innocent child and still in kindergarten he used to go into the room and look what his dad was watching . One evening he saw his dad watching a movie where a man was climbing up a ladder and everything was orange. Completely uniterested Kradan quickly wandered off the room. Only many years latter Kradan would realise that what he saw that evening was Morse from Alien 3 in a rush to pour some hot lead

That's actually my earliest memory of seeing anything Alien 3-related. I have a good reason to remember that because that was also the evening when Kradan ate some carrots with prunes which led to him vomiting all over the kindergarten's toilet floor on the next day

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 21, 2022, 11:48:14 AM
Did you check out the above videos though?

We will most likely eventually get that even if we do not get an official release.

Kudos to their work, but it loses detail and it's motion still doesn't look right to me. It really needs proper re-implementation rather than just a going over.

BlueMarsalis79

I think if you look at the first and last it clearly gains detail, it's only the middle one it loses anything, and that's necessary to make it look better- and the motion I never had an issue with personally I always really loved the rod puppet work.

Corporal Hicks

Which was the intent behind the puppet if I remember rightly - some weird ass movement. I'm definitely curious to see more of this project. Hope they keep going with it.

Kradan

Gentleman Death

It'd be nice to one day watch/read an interview with Fincher. Out of all the "making of" features out there for the movies, this is the one I always wanted "more" of.

Kradan

Kradan

I imagine that even if he does one day he will be super snarky about it: "That was f**king pain the ass, let me tell ya !"

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on May 10, 2022, 10:47:58 AMLooks like PO guys got CdL himself  to do an Assembly Cut commentary with them

That's cool! The episode we interviewed him about the Assembly Cut is still one of my favourites. I'm looking forward to hearing what he says in this.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Kradan on May 11, 2022, 07:43:43 AMI imagine that even if he does one day he will be super snarky about it: "That was f**king pain the ass, let me tell ya !"

Which would be hugely entertaining right the way through.

Kradan

Kradan

I would highly recommend to anyone interested in the history of all these unsused screenplays for Alien 3 give a listen to this episode of Screenplay Archaeology hosted by our very own KiramidHead. I mean, it's almost 7 hours worth of audible content and Kiramid even went out of his way to find 4 guest hosts for each section of the episode, 2 of whom are also members of AvPGalaxy - HuDaFuK and Whiskeybrewer !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed