Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jun 02, 2014, 06:59:37 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5 (Read 58,979 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jun 09, 2014, 10:03:40 AM
She got a co-producer credit on 3 and Resurrection.  JPJ said she didn't actually do any producing, but since she asked, she got.  However, when you read her diaries at the time she did seem to be doing some producer-like duties; like going into bat for the film when the budget was constantly being hammered by Fox.

Don't we have Weaver to thank for no guns in Alien 3?

Kimarhi

BUT THERE WERE GUNS IN ALIEN 3.

Local Trouble

Yeah, but Weaver didn't have to use one.

Lemonade

Somebody really should've just jacked up Sigourney's paycheck and made it another gun movie. But this time include scientists, heavy sci-fi elements, a strong Weyland Yutani presence, etc.

Instead we get some... depressing, grimy solo adventure that features interspersed attacks from a cartoon alien shape? That's how you springboard off the backs of Alien and Aliens? Alllllll righty then okay thanks Sigourney cool nice.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 10, 2014, 07:07:24 AMSomebody really should've just jacked up Sigourney's paycheck and made it another gun movie. But this time include scientists, heavy sci-fi elements, a strong Weyland Yutani presence, etc.

Instead we get some... depressing, grimy solo adventure that features interspersed attacks from a cartoon alien shape? That's how you springboard off the backs of Alien and Aliens? Alllllll righty then okay thanks Sigourney cool nice.
The best thing Aliens did was be completely different to Alien. I feel exactly the same way about Alien 3.

I don't want a bunch of sequel-clones of Aliens, because chances are they wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

Kimarhi

Indeed. 

Darwinsgirl

A good story...great visuals...good supporting cast. This is the formula for success for the another film in the ALIEN franchise imho  ;)

Local Trouble

Do you guys consider the Gibson script an Aliens clone?

Lemonade

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 10, 2014, 07:32:03 AM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 10, 2014, 07:07:24 AMSomebody really should've just jacked up Sigourney's paycheck and made it another gun movie. But this time include scientists, heavy sci-fi elements, a strong Weyland Yutani presence, etc.

The best thing Aliens did was be completely different to Alien. I feel exactly the same way about Alien 3.

I don't want a bunch of sequel-clones of Aliens, because chances are they wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

I'm not saying that hahahahahaha. The presence of guns does not an Aliens clone make.

Hell, you guys are hypocrites for saying that because Aliens has the exact same structure as Alien! And while other franchises around that time like Terminator, Lethal Weapon and Die Hard had sequels that kept getting bigger and better (and note the increase in box office!) Alien 3 was stuck with making $160 million worldwide. It could've followed the trajectory of those other sequels and make upwards of $200 million.

Kimarhi

Alien 3 follows the exact same structure as the previous movies with only a slight alteration to the opening act.  That doesn't mean anything.  It's the content inbetween that a movie makes not the fact that it follows a set structure.......as there is only so many of those that exist in storytelling. 

It doesn't matter now since Sigourney Weaver will have her fill of scifi because she just agreed to do 3 more avatar movies for Jimmy. 

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 10, 2014, 05:50:00 PMHell, you guys are hypocrites for saying that because Aliens has the exact same structure as Alien!
Story structure has nothing to do with it. Tonally, the films are completely different. Alien is straight-up horror, Aliens is action.

As Kimarhi said, there's a hell of a lot more to a film than it's basic plot structure.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 10, 2014, 05:34:10 PM
Do you guys consider the Gibson script an Aliens clone?

Not the second draft. The first draft, on the other hand...

Kimarhi

I always thought Gibson's draft would work for a different horror movie than an Alien one. 

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 10, 2014, 07:32:03 AM

Looking for 'like' button...

Lemonade

You guys are so funny. Different is synonymous with good?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed