Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jun 02, 2014, 06:59:37 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5 (Read 59,755 times)

SM

Best left for soap operas.

Lemonade

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 04, 2014, 02:42:35 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 04, 2014, 02:33:11 AM
Either way, point still stands: Any series reboot runs a huge risk of turning out something worse than whatever it's trying to replace and then you're pretty much stuck with the resulting new continuity. If we got something which was meant to retcon the third and fourth movies as dreams, but was at about the level of 'Requiem', there'd be much justified wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Personally, I do NOT want an Alien 5. I am just saying certain ideas to keep this discussion going and present a way an Alien 5 could be done while also keeping Weaver's age in mind. I mean do we really want a woman nearing her seventies doing stunts and battling Aliens? I know I wouldn't.

What an idiotic statement. The age thing is still an issue? Go pop in AvP boy.

CainsSon

Quote from: GQSioux on Jun 03, 2014, 10:04:22 PM
Hey, it could be another "unexpected benefit" of the cloning process.  ;D

Well, it seems obvious to me that the continuation from A:R would be for Ripley, LIKE the QUEEN in A:R, who has a human reproductive cycle, to also have developed in Ripley, and Alien reproductive cycle. There is a really neat and horrific way to handle all this that could account for Ripley aging... It could easily be tied into the PROMETHEUS story with one sequel in between Prometheus and the final Ripley story.
All they need is to carry over a Protagonist from the Prometheus sequels and all would be fine.

I think this is a wonderful idea and HERE IS WHY YOU SHOULD TOO.

The PROMETHEUS storyline will NOT kill the franchise. If AVP-R didn't ruin its profitability, PROMETHEUS 2 certainly will not. And whether there is, as Ridley Scott mentioned, a PROMETHEUS 3 that ties into the original ALIEN, OR if PROMETHEUS 2 is sufficient to link up with the original ALIEN - MARK MY WORDS - the next film WILL BE an ALIEN Reboot/Remake that can act as a continuation of the PROMETHEUS films or a film that links with the RIPLEY story and the Engineers.

I would like to see it become the latter because if you cant see by history of the Alien series that they won't stop making Alien films of some kind, then you are ignoring what they actually are: Money-making product - even at their lowest quality.

Why would they NOT make an ALIEN remake? ANS: People will see a continuation of RIPLEY'S Story.

Scree

whiterabbit

hmm

We could set the hyper sleep duration to 27,000 years. That would help explain why Ripley and co are so damn old in the new Alien³ movie. Yea, Alien³ was a mistake; it is now time to overwrite that mistake!

SiL

Aliens was a mistake.

Blacklabel

dat powerloader vs queen battle.. so "fanboy-ish" and over the top. etc. etc.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2014, 12:17:08 PM
Aliens was a mistake.

Did Bob Morton make it?

p1nk81cd

If there's another one, DON'T turn it into another guns can solve any problem flick.

DON'T mess with ALIEN³- because the ALIENS arse-kissing fanatics didn't get what they wanted.

In fact, DON'T make another movie...

Spoiler

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[close]

SM

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's hollywood, aliens will win out over alien³. Now just to get the ball rolling on totally ignoring that 3 and 4th movie...  :laugh:

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 04, 2014, 07:18:54 PM
Aliens was a mistake.

Did Bob Morton make it?
Hmm that was a bad pun but how do we know Bob Morton didn't make it? The androids that is. Aliens is never a mistake.

I shouldn't shit on alien³ so much though, I actually love the movie. A|R too. I just want another movie and if that means gutting A³ and A|R, so be it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Jun 04, 2014, 11:42:34 PMIn fact, DON'T make another movie...
You know who wants to see a worthy sequel to Aliens?

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 05, 2014, 12:11:03 AMI shouldn't shit on alien³ so much though, I actually love the movie. A|R too.
Unacceptable.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 04, 2014, 07:18:54 PM
Aliens was a mistake.

Did Bob Morton make it?
And now it's time to erase that mistake. I'm cashing you out.

Ash 937

The potential to clone more aliens out of Ripley makes her a danger to the universe.  Because of this, Ripley has been chased to the outer reaches of the known universe with a small band of rebel scientists (aided by the survivors of A:R) that demand social change from the Intergalactic Order.

When all hope is lost and the Intergalactic Order appears to be closing in, the scientists have no choice but to unleash a legion of face huggers on the invading military complex.

This should be the premise to Alien5.  Or they just shouldn't make the movie at all.

Kimarhi

The dream idea is foolishness.  I'm not against another Alien movie, I'd prefer it over Prometheus, but only in capable hands. 

Alien 3 was good.  It's Res that ruined it for me. 

Guns can solve any problem. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed