Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jun 02, 2014, 06:59:37 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5 (Read 59,783 times)

FiorinaFury161

Procurator

They've butchered and destroyed this franchise beyond saving. Michel Biehn has been screwed over and lied to so many times that he probably hates this with a passion and will never even think of coming back. Personally i don't want Sigourney or anyone else making another Alien related movie. Let this die with with an ounce of remaining dignity of any so we would at least have a memory that once this was something great and memorable.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

When was Michael Biehn screwed-over and lied to?  ???

And he didn't seem to have a problem with Hicks coming back for ACM. A paycheck is a paycheck.

Procurator

You have got to be kidding? If you don't know i'll tell you. He was brought in to Aliens as a last minute replacement for an actor who was already doing Hicks, they even have one scene in the movie with that actor shot from the back so you cannot tell, it is the scene where the camera shoots the back of the marines as it's raising revealing the entrance to the hive. With the poor shooting conditions, near death experiences and constant struggles and arguments on set, Micheal Biehn got paid scraps for Aliens. The one photograph showcasing his face, digitized in green scan lines to be shown on the EEV's on board computer revealing the corporal's death, brought in more money for Michael then what he was paid for Aliens and even that was through grinding teeth after fox 1st decided to go with a script where the chest burster erupts from Hicks's body. After this under the table decision reached Michael and he threatened to sue Fox, only then they decided to pay him on bad relationship. Colonial Marines didn't do him any favor as well, i remember 1st day everyone saw Alien 3 in theaters and were saddened by Hicks and Newt's death, now they bring him back and people are pissed of at the decision. If it's like this then this whole thing just needs to end, enough is enough.

Lemonade

We already knew about that stuff. Calm down you crazy son of a bitch.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteYou have got to be kidding? If you don't know i'll tell you. He was brought in to Aliens as a last minute replacement for an actor who was already doing Hicks,

I'd say that was good fortune for him, wouldn't you?

QuoteMicheal Biehn got paid scraps for Aliens.

He got what he was contracted for, just like everybody else.

QuoteWith the poor shooting conditions, near death experiences and constant struggles and arguments on set

I can recall some issues regarding the roof of the APC collapsing, the APC totaling a remote camera after it's brakes failed and the substance they used for creating smoke effects creating some breathing issues for some of the cast. All part and parcel of making action movies. What were the near death experiences?

Quoteand constant struggles and arguments on set

Just like every other movie ever made.

Quoteafter fox 1st decided to go with a script where the chest burster erupts from Hicks's body

The "Hicks" character belongs to Fox. They can do whatever they please with the character. The only legal grounds Biehn had was Fox using his likeness without his consent.

Quotebrought in more money for Michael then what he was paid for Aliens

I'd say that was good fortune for him, wouldn't you?

QuoteColonial Marines didn't do him any favor as well

It didn't do the Hicks character any favors. Biehn got a paycheck, I'd say that was good fortune for him, wouldn't you?

Local Trouble

OpenMaw

The whole thing with the Chestburster was actually a misunderstanding. They never intended the alien to come from Hicks. Not one script i've ever read indicated that. Somebody saw the body of Hicks mutilated "as if the alien had come out" when it was just horrifically mangled due to the EEV crash. Thanks for pissing on the character either way guys. Anyway, Biehn got wind of that and caused a bit of a stir. I think more than anything he was opposed to the idea of Hicks dying so unceremoniously, and he didn't want his likeness in there if they weren't even going to pay him. He seemed more than eager to come back for Alien 3.

If they had managed a sequel two years after Aliens, like they were planning, who knows? We may have had a series where Newt, Ripley, and Hicks were all still alive in the end, and the franchise would have gone off in a different more successful direction.

Ultramorph

I would be more than down for a proper Alien 5 with Sigourney Weaver. A mission of extermination to the xenomorph home world would be amazing if they did it properly. If Arnold and Harrison Ford can still get roles in action flicks, I see no reason to give Sigourney Weaver any grief for her age.

Local Trouble

I wonder what silly demands she'll make in order to get her back this time.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 03, 2014, 09:10:13 PM
I wonder what silly demands she'll make in order to get her back this time.
Maybe this time she'll want to direct?

FiorinaFury161

GQSioux

Alien: Days of Future Past

The future Clone Ripley develops a mutation and power that allows her to send her consciousness back through time and temporarily communicate to the real Ripley during the events near the end of Aliens. Young Ripley is warned about the egg on the Sulaco, finds it and destroys it which alters the events, starts a new timeline and gives us a new Alien 3.

Problem solved!! LOL.

FiorinaFury161

^ Pure lunacy. The altered consciousness part would be neat tho.

GQSioux

Hey, it could be another "unexpected benefit" of the cloning process.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed