20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Author
20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event (Read 71,020 times)

Stolen

Stolen

QuoteRama's Screen ‏@RamasScreen  · 6 min
Just finished screening #ALIENCovenant new footage and it scared the shit out of me. A return to form.

QuoteCourtney Howard ‏@Lulamaybelle  · 5 min
The clips shown from #AlienCovenant are high on gore. Lots of freaky thrills there and all much in line with the franchise.

QuoteSteven Weintraub Compte certifié  ‏@colliderfrosty  · 8 min
Saw a few scenes from ALIEN: COVENANT. It's brutal. Tons of blood. Scary. Looks fantastic.

QuoteFranchise Fred ‏@FranchiseFred  · 8 min
#AlienCovenant makes liberal use of CGI but still builds a scary suspenseful sequence and bloody AF.

Quotedreameggs ‏@dreameggsfc  · 11 min
Looks like #AlienCovenant is going to make Aliens scary again!

Pvt. Himmel

Keep it coming!!

Stolen

Stolen

QuoteSteven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty  · 21sec
They just showed the ALIEN: COVENANT trailer. It's really well cut and sells the horror.

QuoteCharles de Lauzirika@Lauzirika 
Just saw a bunch of footage and trailer from another top secret movie, but shhhhhhh...

;D

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Stolen on Dec 15, 2016, 12:04:39 AM
QuoteSteven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty  · 21sec
They just showed the ALIEN: COVENANT trailer. It's really well cut and sells the horror.

QuoteCharles de Lauzirika@Lauzirika 
Just saw a bunch of footage and trailer from another top secret movie, but shhhhhhh...

;D

Alien 5.... SW EP VIII???  :o

Necronomicon II

All these positive tweets, oh yes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

These are from Charles -

Quote#Logan & #WarForThePlanet of the Apes look phenomenal. The R trailer for #AlienCovenant kicks ass. #CureForWellness seems super intriguing.

@_CorporalHicks They showed some clips and 2 trailers. The second R-rated trailer was fantastic. It's all really bloody and gory.

I asked if there was any major differences between the 2 Covenant trailers -

Quote@_CorporalHicks Lots. Two very different trailers. Can't really talk details but you'll see soon enough, I'm sure.

I think it's a safe bet we've got a tamer trailer to go in front of Assassin's Creed and then the r-rated one to come online.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/fox-alien-planet-of-the-apes-1201942824/

QuoteThe jump in technological wizardry that aided Reeves was even more evident in director Ridley Scott's new look "Alien: Covenant," which arrives May 19, nearly four decades after the 1979 original with Sigourney Weaver.

This generation's aliens appear to be decades more slippery, relentless and unnerving than the 20th century originals. Katherine Waterston, the tall, slender actress who takes on the Sigrouney-esque role of "Daniels" in the current iteration, credited director Scott with keeping the set loose and giving the actors a lot of rein.

Waterston said Scott generally only wanted a couple of takes and that the actors were aided in imagining the CGI alien creepers by the use of puppets. "Then it was off for dinner," she said with a laugh.

Stolen

And #AlienCovenant looks like a full return to the horror and shock of the original film. It's also gorgeous to look at.

PSYCHED for #AlienCovenant - footage we saw was awesome w/ spirit of the original in all it's bloody gory.

About the most terrifying teaser I've ever seen. Never going to outer space after #AlienCovenant. Yipes

SiL

SiL

Sooo, CG Aliens then.

El Diablo

SiL

SiL

What a pity.

Corporal Hicks

As long as it looks good.

Feeds On Minds

CGI Aliens huh? ...and my enthusiasm slips just a little bit more

BonesawT101

Nothing wrong with CG guys, so long as it's handled well, and Ridley can certainly handle it well. Waterston mentions puppets here, wouldn't be surprised if they enhanced the practical puppet effects with cgi as opposed to complete cg characters.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteTwo clips and a new trailer were shown for Alien Covenant. The movie has all the style in Prometheus, with its industrial Byzantine production design harkening backing to Ridley Scott's original movie. He introduced the clips by video, but star Katherine Waterson was in house to tell us a little more. Yes, her character is reminiscent of Sigourney Weaver's Ripley, but it's not clear from the narrative whether the two are related. The actress said that the inspiration for her bowl haircut in the movie came from her fellow Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them character Ezra Miller. Waterson spoke about how Scott gave her and her fellow actors Michael Fassbender, Billy Crudup the freedom to work on the dark stuff in the film. "We'd then show him what we came up with, and if he didn't like it, we reworked it," said the actress about the actors' sci-fi playground.

http://deadline.com/2016/12/alien-covenant-logan-wolverine-cure-for-wellness-war-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-preview-1201870891/

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Dec 15, 2016, 08:40:26 AM
Nothing wrong with CG guys, so long as it's handled well, and Ridley can certainly handle it well.

I'm not terribly surprised by this (I'm sure Scott has said something to this effect about if he did another Alien film he'd use CG? Or was it Cameron?) and like I said earlier, as long as it looks good I'm a happy chappy.

BonesawT101

He's alluded to that a few times if I recall. Can't remember the exact interview though. It seems he has always had somewhat of a 'problem', if you could even call it that, with the 'guy-in-a-suit' execution of days gone by.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed