Alien 3: A Sore Subject for Michael Biehn & Sigourney Weaver mourns "Hicks"

Started by Voodoo Magic, Aug 02, 2019, 08:16:36 PM

Author
Alien 3: A Sore Subject for Michael Biehn & Sigourney Weaver mourns "Hicks" (Read 32,122 times)

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 03, 2019, 11:06:25 AM
Spoiler
And the record payday.
[close]
Record payday + new take on an established character = the f**k else could your really want?

Kimarhi

Sigourney had the best acting in the series in the third film.

But her time is like that of the dinosaur, it's done. 

Even though with Linda Hamilton coming back for Terminator, and her being the other primary action heroine of that era, you have to wonder if those cogs are turning in Sigourney's head again about the franchise. 

Valaquen

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 03, 2019, 03:27:35 PM
Even though with Linda Hamilton coming back for Terminator, and her being the other primary action heroine of that era, you have to wonder if those cogs are turning in Sigourney's head again about the franchise.

I thought Jamie Lee Curtis' lauded return to Halloween might've gotten her back on the phone to Blomkamp. If Hamilton's return is successful too then who knows.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 03, 2019, 03:27:35 PMEven though with Linda Hamilton coming back for Terminator, and her being the other primary action heroine of that era, you have to wonder if those cogs are turning in Sigourney's head again about the franchise. 

I thought after Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 and Cameron's efforts, Sigourney's turning cogs was already a given?

Kimarhi

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 03, 2019, 04:37:20 PM

I thought Jamie Lee Curtis' lauded return to Halloween might've gotten her back on the phone to Blomkamp. If Hamilton's return is successful too then who knows.

I have the blu ray still wrapped up and unwatched.

Maybe today I'll watch it.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 03, 2019, 04:44:25 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 03, 2019, 03:27:35 PMEven though with Linda Hamilton coming back for Terminator, and her being the other primary action heroine of that era, you have to wonder if those cogs are turning in Sigourney's head again about the franchise. 

I thought after Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 and Cameron's efforts, Sigourney's turning cogs was already a given?

I havent heard her say anything regarding the franchise since the Blomkamp fiasco. 

SM

Blomkamp is when they were turning years ago.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 03, 2019, 04:37:20 PM

Jamie Lee Curtis isn't the only reason the last Halloween went so well. She was in 3 other sequels and they went... just fine by slasher movies standards. There were many factors that made the last movie work. Trying to focus solely in doing that same thing to Terminator or Alien might not go so well.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, you're totally right.
It's way more.

Voodoo Magic

I think nine months ago is close enough to think the cogs are still turning.  :)

• Will we ever see a Neill Blomkamp Alien 5 project?

SIGOURNEY: "We almost started to do it when I was working with James Cameron. But by the time we were put off by Fox, Neill had gotten so many jobs that we'd have to wait probably. I'm busy doing Avatar 4 and 5. I love working with Neill and I think he'd do a terrific job, and James Cameron really thinks it's a great idea, so you never know. Right now, I think Neill's got like three projects going at once."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sigourney-weaver-talks-avatar-saga-metoo-at-rome-film-fest-1155711

The Old One

The Old One

I hope it's created, so the conversation concerning if it's superior or inferior to the original is then ended.
But I hope it isn't garbage and the original version is subsequently no-longer canon. Yeesh.

Local Trouble

So you actually want them to make it now?

razeak

Biehn is probably right in his belief he could do better. That character has endured for over 30 years, and his performance is a large factor. The same goes for Kyle Reese, Lt. Coffey, and Johnny Ringo.

SM

Coffey and Johnny Ringo aren't even remotely the same ballpark as Hicks and Reese.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't even know of them. lol

Local Trouble

You haven't seen The Abyss or Tombstone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed