Scars on a Predator, shouldn't they be green?

Started by The Shuriken, Nov 08, 2021, 12:05:40 AM

Author
Scars on a Predator, shouldn't they be green? (Read 2,800 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Y'all ever notice when a Predator has a scar in movies, or statues, etc, it's basically colored like a human scar? Given that their blood and muscular tissue (seen on the skinned Predators in AVPR behind the scenes). So with that, why arent their scars green? Just an oversight?

SuperiorIronman

Something they probably just never considered. We do see on occasion the mouth color be different colors so it's hard to say why this occurs other than it just does. Just not a lot of consideration into why they look the way they do other than they just do.

My headcannon for the weirder traits like this is that the Amengi modifications had something to do with it. Like maybe it made locating a fugitive Predator easier to find if the blood glowed? Though it could be that it doesn't glow when in the body, maybe something happens to it when it reacts to air? There's also that weird bit of Neca lore where Stalker comes from a dark area of the homeworld and his skin is so pale parts of him glows. I feel like Voodoo should know the lore reason somehow.

SiL

The inside of their mouths should also be green.

An easy head-canon is that it turns fluoro on exposure to air.

The Shuriken

Quote from: SiL on Nov 08, 2021, 12:18:55 AM
The inside of their mouths should also be green.

An easy head-canon is that it turns fluoro on exposure to air.

Now I'm sorry I asked. That would look terrible. :laugh:

[cancerblack]

I think it's a case of visual design shorthand vs in-universe logic.

Also, what SiL said.

xxx

Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 08, 2021, 12:05:40 AM
Y'all ever notice when a Predator has a scar in movies, or statues, etc, it's basically colored like a human scar? Given that their blood and muscular tissue (seen on the skinned Predators in AVPR behind the scenes). So with that, why arent their scars green? Just an oversight?

https://i.imgur.com/4k9nU0O.jpg

https://www.sideshow.com/storage/product-images/200215/predator-bad-blood_predator_gallery_5c4bf2c631f99.jpg
Yep, the same problem stands for gums, mouths and other tissues with a rich amount of wesells under the skin.
But as was already said above - green would look less cool.

at mark of one minute he is talking about chemiluminescence

BlueMarsalis79

As always it is all in the execution.

Voodoo Magic

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 09, 2021, 09:05:48 PM
As always it is all in the execution.
What does that even mean in this context ???

BlueMarsalis79

I could dig a glowy Predator hypothetically speaking.

SiL

As in if Predators were glowing green inside instead of pink?

I could dig it.

BlueMarsalis79

Yep exactly.

SuperiorIronman

While it doesn't glow, Hunting Grounds does have a skin kind of like that with patches of skin that are that kind of green color. Kind of a neat tactic to make Fireteams think your injured more than you are in my experience. People also like Stalker from Neca. I can't think of any other Predators that do this though.

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 09, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
I could dig a glowy Predator hypothetically speaking.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 09, 2021, 11:49:24 PM
As in if Predators were glowing green inside instead of pink?

I could dig it.

The way you both phrased it kinda makes it sound like a cool idea

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 08, 2021, 12:17:48 AM
My headcannon for the weirder traits like this is that the Amengi modifications had something to do with it. Like maybe it made locating a fugitive Predator easier to find if the blood glowed? Though it could be that it doesn't glow when in the body, maybe something happens to it when it reacts to air? There's also that weird bit of Neca lore where Stalker comes from a dark area of the homeworld and his skin is so pale parts of him glows. I feel like Voodoo should know the lore reason somehow.

Honestly, other than the extended lifespan properties, etc. etc., I don't recall any actual explanation in recognized lore for why it glows.

I was looking through some of the scripts to see if perhaps the Thomas Brothers hinted why the Predator's (at-the-time) orange blood was somewhat luminescent, but I found nothing as of yet.

For posterity's sake:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed