John Carpenter's The Thing vs. Alien or Predator

Started by Predator Collector, Aug 01, 2009, 07:36:00 AM

Author
John Carpenter's The Thing vs. Alien or Predator (Read 38,767 times)

TJ Doc

Nobody has considered the thermo-nuclear device attached to the Predator's arm.

Or is that cheating?

Xenomrph

Well that's a bit of a wild-card. I mean, under what circumstances would he use it? Would he use it if he were infected and opted to take himself out? And even then, would he necessarily know he was infected before it was too late?

TJ Doc

Heheh, yeah I guess I just imagine a scenario where the Predator goes "Holy sh*t!" and makes a run for it. But not before lobbing his 'bomb' at The Thing.

But if (let's just put it out there) I was a Preator, and I was watching myself get absorbed by those tentacles, then I probably would start the detonation sequence. Also, there's the issue of honour. Assuming I knew, I would do all I could to prevent The Thing from taking over the galaxy-nay- the UNIVERSE!!!

ShadowPred

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 03, 2009, 11:21:39 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 03, 2009, 10:30:53 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2009, 01:32:16 PM
It can replicate anything...every damn cell in it's body is ALIVE for christ's sake. So I say THE THING would win any day of the damn week, this is really no contest.

And I say you're completely wrong, for Christ's sake.

So, I say the Alien would win...any day of the damn week, NO CONTEST.

And I'm going to yell and act like a complete douche...just like you, over something as completely ridiculous as this thread.  ;)
The difference here is that he's right and you're wrong. ;)

Seriously though, I never got the impression that he was yelling or being a douche.  ??? He was just citing one of the basic creature properties of the Thing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 03, 2009, 11:21:39 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 03, 2009, 10:30:53 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2009, 01:32:16 PM
It can replicate anything...every damn cell in it's body is ALIVE for christ's sake. So I say THE THING would win any day of the damn week, this is really no contest.

And I say you're completely wrong, for Christ's sake.

So, I say the Alien would win...any day of the damn week, NO CONTEST.

And I'm going to yell and act like a complete douche...just like you, over something as completely ridiculous as this thread.  ;)
The difference here is that he's right and you're wrong. ;)

Seriously though, I never got the impression that he was yelling or being a douche.  ??? He was just citing one of the basic creature properties of the Thing.

No...the real difference is I'm absolutely right and he's incredibly wrong...and you don't know what you're talking about.

But then...all this is to be expected on this board.  ;D

In all seriousness...nobody is right and nobody is wrong.  It's a ridiculous question and argument to begin with.
It's like asking "What if a Facehugger jumped on a zombie...would we have undead Xenomorphs?"

So...you say tomato...I say tomato...and in the end...it doesn't matter in the least.

Xenomrph

Well I suspect you would be singing a different tune if you were actually right. ;) Sure it's all a hypothetical argument, but there *is* such a thing as a right answer with some hypothetical arguments.

And sure it doesn't matter, but if it wasn't fun to discuss it then this thread wouldn't have gone on for multiple pages with multiple people getting involved. :)

Predator Collector

Predator Collector

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 03, 2009, 09:38:16 PM
Sure it's all a hypothetical argument, but there *is* such a thing as a right answer with some hypothetical arguments.

Exactly. 8)  

I still agree with you Xenomrph on your views about The Thing infecting an Alien or a Predator, and I think that you certainly do know what you're talking about regarding this and have the right answer. :)

Meathead320

The Thing: 13.7 million in the USA

Alien: 80.9 million in the USA.

Predator: 59.7 million USA

Just going with USA grosses, as it was the only data given on the Thing at http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/

So, I have to give the winner of these contests, in my fiscally materialistic fashion to Alien, by FAR.

Predator as well fared much better than the TFAW.

We can argue about cells and copying all day long, but I think based on the numbers it ought to go down like this:

Predator vs. thing:

Predator takes off its jock strap, mounts TFAW, and is somehow immune to TFAW infection as he rapes it. TFAW has the most shocked look on all of its 10+ different faces as it hopelessly tries to turn into some other creature that may stand a chance at escaping the vile penetration of the Predator. When the Predator gets done, he turns on his self destruct device and rams it in one TFAW's plethora of anus's. He then gets into his space ship and gives a high five to all his Pred buddies as they take off leaving the crying sobbing TFAW to is crispy vaporous fate.

Alien vs. TFAW:

Unfortunately TFAW surived the pred-bomb, barely, by separating itself from the anus that had the bomb in it. The remained of TFAW then crawled into a hole just fast enough that it survived but is badly burnt and in extreme agony.

Worse for TFAW an Alien has been awakened from some underground temple, and made its way to the surface. The Alien sees the crispy agonized TFAW, and decides it would be a great place to take a leak. The last gimps of the world around it the TFAW sees as the Alien whips out it's hermaphrodite giger-esque shlong and pisses acid all over it. TFAW dissolves into a sterile puddle of smoldering ooze from the golden shower of Xenomorph urine.

Xenomrph

I have no idea what I just read. :-X

TJ Doc

Quote from: Meathead320 on Aug 04, 2009, 11:52:16 PM
Unfortunately TFAW surived the pred-bomb, barely, by separating itself from the anus that had the bomb in it.

My god, that's funny!  :D

SM

QuotePredator takes off its jock strap, mounts TFAW, and is somehow immune to TFAW infection as he rapes it.

Trojan coated in Thingecide (TM).

Predator Collector

Quote from: Meathead320 on Aug 04, 2009, 11:52:16 PM
The Thing: 13.7 million in the USA

Alien: 80.9 million in the USA.

Predator: 59.7 million USA

Just going with USA grosses, as it was the only data given on the Thing at http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/
::)

I didn't start this thread to discuss the financial aspects of the movies. As far as your other comments go, I have to agree with Xenomrph. :)

ScrapIron_Pred

ScrapIron_Pred

Greetings Predator Collector... I see that you have a very keen eye for a wonderful sci fi movie monster as "The Thing" really was...

Such a fascinating monster it is...devouring its prey while at the same time also mimicking it at a micro cellular level!

After very careful handling and some rigorous studying of the creature known only as the THING...I have concluded that ANY living organism would be no match for its takeover...and thus, in the end...a mighty race as we Yautja are, would be ended, quite violently too! In fact, its my thought that the THING could be why some preds go "bad blood" on us! Perhaps , perhaps not...only the writers will know it for sure!

In any case,  weather you are a xenomorph warrior, a xenomorph queen, a battle crazed Pred, or just a human in a winter wasteland...your all just fresh meat to John Carpenters THE THING!

Predator Collector

Predator Collector

Quote from: ScrapIron_Pred on Aug 05, 2009, 07:22:53 AM
Greetings Predator Collector... I see that you have a very keen eye for a wonderful sci fi movie monster as "The Thing" really was...

Thank you ScrapIron_Pred.

Yes, The Thing truly is a fascinating sci-fi movie monster.  

I think that your views are frank but true regarding The Thing infecting an Alien or a Predator. You have a very interesting theory on the "Bad Blood" Predators. If only the writers would tell us! LOL. :D  

BTW I noticed that your very first post is on this thread. Welcome to the forum. :)  

ShadowPred

No...the real difference is I'm absolutely right and he's incredibly wrong...and you don't know what you're talking about.

Uh.....no.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed