The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2014, 10:36:46 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 107,742 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 03, 2014, 02:02:38 PM
Because it makes the game overly difficult. When you're dying that many times, it takes the fun out of it.

DARK SOULS gets a free pass with critics for being really hard doe COUGH COUGH.

Darkness

Darkness

Metacritic still don't have most reviews listed yet. And Gamespot and IGN are quite important sites. I visit IGN daily so it's a bit of a drag when your favourite site gives a review like that.

WinterActual

WinterActual

IGN's reviews doesn't mean shit. They scored Skyrim lower than CoD MW3.............

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Oct 03, 2014, 01:40:01 PM
I was waiting for Jim Sterling's review, glad he liked it. He said it is one of his favorite horror games now. I'll take his word over IGN.

YES, Jim Sterling right now is the ONLY PERSON to even trust right now. Seriously, thank god for him. Everyone, listen to Jim Sterling, he is literally one of at least 3 people on this planet to even listen to when it comes to reviews or videos.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 03, 2014, 02:11:27 PM
IGN's reviews doesn't mean shit. They scored Skyrim lower than CoD MW3.............

Pretty much. Everyone knows IGN is mega shit and their opinions really don't mean anything since they are all shills.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 03, 2014, 02:10:31 PM
Metacritic still don't have most reviews listed yet. And Gamespot and IGN are quite important sites. I visit IGN daily so it's a bit of a drag when your favourite site gives a review like that.

Same reason I got bummed out by that one.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2014, 02:05:08 PM
I'm interested to see how I handle that kind of game.

Same here. Though it being Alien surely will give me reason to get through any bouts of frustration.

It's just nice to have the Alien be a threat again. It should be incredibly hard to navigate an environment without being killed by it. That's why everyone dies all the time in the movies...

Darkness

Darkness

Well, games are very subjective. I know I'm not a fan of RPGs,

Is there any info on what the difficulties in Isolation actually do? Like does putting it on easy just mean the alien is less responsive or something?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 03, 2014, 02:10:31 PM

IGN isn't legit, just about everyone hates them for being so utterly lame. Gamespot lost all credibility after that whole Kane and Lynch controversy when they fired Gerstmann for giving that game a low score. It was clear the site was being given money due to all those Kane and Lynch ads, and when Gerstmann gave it a low score they ended up firing him for not being a good slave.

Corporal Hicks

Never thought I'd agree with you but yeah - IGN is just a bag of crap. Brought and paid for reviews.

Seegson

Seegson

From Destructoid :

"the ship in general is a ton of fun to get lost in -- I felt compelled to just wander around and find extra materials. In fact the game is anything but linear outside of story progression, as you can freely explore areas, return to past zones with new tools, and generally just scavenge around at any time. And you'll need to scavenge, as Isolation feels like an old school survival horror game with regard to item management. At the heart of this mechanic is the crafting system, which lets you build items like flashbangs, medkits, noise makers, and flares. Since the game is so challenging, you'll feel like you need to craft and locate materials, and minor pickups feel like small victories"

http://www.destructoid.com/review-alien-isolation-281651.phtml

Glad to know exploration its fun, tense, and necessary

Darkness

Darkness

I admit, I stopped reading Gamespot because their reviews always pissed me off and were always low scores. But IGN usually always give much higher scores than GS and are usually spot on.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 03, 2014, 02:17:50 PM
From Destructoid :

"the ship in general is a ton of fun to get lost in -- I felt compelled to just wander around and find extra materials. In fact the game is anything but linear outside of story progression, as you can freely explore areas, return to past zones with new tools, and generally just scavenge around at any time. And you'll need to scavenge, as Isolation feels like an old school survival horror game with regard to item management. At the heart of this mechanic is the crafting system, which lets you build items like flashbangs, medkits, noise makers, and flares. Since the game is so challenging, you'll feel like you need to craft and locate materials, and minor pickups feel like small victories"

http://www.destructoid.com/review-alien-isolation-281651.phtml

Glad to know exploration its fun, tense, and necessary

That's awesome; glad to know exploration is a huge part of it.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Now I've seen quite a few perfect scores.

This review score average is going to SHIT all over ACM's review score average.

I think CA got it right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed