The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 141,565 times)

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: SM on Feb 12, 2013, 10:20:34 PM
Can I just quickly suck up to ikarop and thank him for providing us with something to whinge about for ages on this game.  His dedication to providing news about A:CM in the face of a lot of negativity (guilty, your honour) has been exemplary.

yeahh, good job Ikarop  :P :P :P

topman

topman

Quote from: topman on Feb 12, 2013, 10:24:09 PM
I haven't posted on here since 2007 when I first joined lol
Anyway I've always been checking this site for the latest gossip and things.
Was really hyped about Aliens: Colonial Marines and bought the game without checking the reviews! Now I'm regretting it as I was gonna buy Dead Space 3 lol

Sorry 2008! Still a long time! Ha

ikarop

ikarop

Can I just quickly suck up to ikarop and thank him for providing us with something to whinge about for ages on this game.  His dedication to providing news about A:CM in the face of a lot of negativity (guilty, your honour) has been exemplary.

Thanks! Much appreciated. Your dedication is also worth of mention. I don't think there's a single thread here where you haven't posted! :P

Quote from: Aspie on Feb 12, 2013, 10:35:13 PM

yeahh, good job Ikarop  :P :P :P

Thanks Mr. Official AvPG meme! I'm guessing the word "suck" summoned you? ;D

beb

beb

I dont think the reviews are kind. I love  the game. the multiplayer is fun the co op is fun I wish there was more story the customizing weapons and appearance is fine. I suggest people play the game and make up there own mind.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I've been playing for a few hours now, and I've been having fun. It definitely has some bugs that need attention, but it's overall not as bad as they say. I'd say pre patched I give it a 7/10

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

lol what a failure of a game.. this shit makes AVP look like GOD!! :laugh:
This game was so bad.. animations, loading textures, bugs.. boring/repetative gameplay.. shitty boss battles.. melee combat is non exsistent..

And that was just the SINGLE PLAYER portion!!. man what a letdown. The next time someone says AVP 2010 sucks.. I'll show them how bad ACM is. This game is so bad.

Enenra

Enenra

I have been having a lot of fun with this game, despite it's faults. MP really is a lot of fun and I look forward to bughunt. Glad I sucked it up and didn't cancel my preorder... Bad game, but a fun guilty pleasure nonetheless.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'll jump on the thanks ikarop bandwagon, if I might. So much going on and Galaxy's always on top of it. I just hang out here and refresh pages like Norm at Cheers :laugh: and I'm glad I could suffer this game with some nice people. It really eases the blow knowing that an entire community of people I like are as equally shocked and baffled.

HicksLives!

HicksLives!

I hope this isn't the last nail in the coffin of the Aliens franchise.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: HicksLives! on Feb 13, 2013, 03:55:45 AM
I hope this isn't the last nail in the coffin of the Aliens franchise.

Doubtful, we'll see them again in one form or another in due time.

Black_Nebula

Black_Nebula

This is sad.. Waited for years for this game to come out ever since i hear about it, cancellation after another, and everyone's saying it's bad? What were the makers doing the whole time? Too busy having a finger up their asz?About to play it in a few to see for myself. Got the collector's edition, thought the statue could have been a little bigger and a wayland patch should have been included. Since c'mon, it's aliens here

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: AcidGlow on Feb 13, 2013, 12:37:17 AM
melee combat is non exsistent..

I think that's actually a good thing. You shouldn't be able to fight off an Alien that can break down solid steel doors. After all the disappointing reviews, I've been replaying AvP's Marine Campaign and man, did I underestimate the Alien on my first encounter. It was all over the place, it actually made an effort to avoid my bullets and in mere seconds, it was in my face. After a short tussle, I was dead. Then I continue, all the Aliens I meet are freaking crazy, jumping from the ground, to the wall, to the ceiling, always darting towards me, and I'm waisting a ton of bullets just trying to get a bead on them. Then I actually managed to properly block and counter their attacks, and suddenly all the terror was gone. I can basically just let them all come up to me, hit them to the ground and finish them off.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

It's not even true, anyway. I managed to hit an alien with my pulse rifle and KILL IT. Of course I had sprayed it down with my pulse rifle first, but sure enough it was a melee kill. The Hell.  :laugh:

Dusk

Dusk

Wow, you can even melee kill them? That's just... sad.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 13, 2013, 04:46:17 AM
Wow, you can even melee kill them? That's just... sad.
Yup.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed