All Star Wars (Read 2,791,550 times)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Ford is like Cougar.
He's lost it.
He needs to turn in his wings.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Let's be honest: Ford has always considered Star Wars to be a stepping-stone in his career.  He probably learned just enough of the story to discuss it during press junkets, but I doubt he ever committed any of it to his long-term memory.  Couple that with his advanced age and frequent pot-smoking and I'm surprised whenever he can remember anything that took place before he turned 50.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Vermillion on Feb 18, 2020, 04:40:30 AM
Ford is like Cougar.
He's lost it.
He needs to turn in his wings.

He needs to turn in his pilot's license if he hasn't already.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

But how is he going to get high then?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 18, 2020, 04:53:09 AM
Couple that with his advanced age and frequent pot-smoking and I'm surprised whenever he can remember anything that took place before he turned 50.

You've really let yourself go to pot, you know that?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I heard Alec Guinness made a kid burst into tears in the 70s. There were noble intentions behind though.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Kenobi was wise and a crazy old man.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

New clip  8)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

cant wait for Bad Batch

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Sequel trilogy thoughts - I enjoyed them, Last Jedi being my favorite, but I'd probably enjoy Trevorrow's Duel of the Fates over Abrams' Rise of Skywalker. I'd really like to read the script, and I never read scripts for these kinds of things. So unless Jurassic World 3 turns out to be a turd, I think we missed out.

But for me, the biggest sin of the sequels is, outside of Comicon, you never got to see Luke, Han and Leia together again. I get 30 years have passed, but what a wasted opportunity... Chewie, 3PO and especially R2 feel brushed to the side as well.

I didn't mind Yoda's cameo, and I'm fine we never saw Obi-Wan or Anakin/Vader's force ghost. Although it was nice seeing him, I don't think Lando needed to come back, and Palpatine for sure should've stayed dead. (Random note - I was one of the few who thought Phasma got decent closure as a villain, certainly better than what Boba Fett got.)

So my original/sequel rankings pretty much reflect one another. First entry (IV, VII) is good fun, second (V, VIII) a solid continuation, third (VI, IX) a somewhat wonky conclusion. The prequels are just a blob of strangeness.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Gilfryd on Feb 19, 2020, 10:11:29 PM
Sequel trilogy thoughts - I enjoyed them, Last Jedi being my favorite, but I'd probably enjoy Trevorrow's Duel of the Fates over Abrams' Rise of Skywalker. I'd really like to read the script, and I never read scripts for these kinds of things. So unless Jurassic World 3 turns out to be a turd, I think we missed out.

I believe is this one.

https://twitter.com/Benredemption/status/1226126955533209600?s

Quote from: Gilfryd on Feb 19, 2020, 10:11:29 PM(Random note - I was one of the few who thought Phasma got decent closure as a villain, certainly better than what Boba Fett got.)

I think you are totally right about that. Boba Fett's death was without sorrow nor glory. It wasn't even funny. Yeah, I know; cool for the sake of cool ain't cool. But at least for the love of those beautiful toys of him, they should have killed him in an epic way  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 19, 2020, 11:35:14 PM

I believe is this one.

Yeah, that's the same one I have.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 19, 2020, 11:36:16 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 19, 2020, 11:35:14 PM

I believe is this one.

Yeah, that's the same one I have.

Glad to hear is the real deal.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Another thing about the sequels - they are really obsessed with the color red, it's f**king everywhere, even stuff that has nothing to do with the Sith.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed