New Mutant Fifield Prometheus Stills

Started by ikarop, Sep 28, 2012, 01:58:09 AM

Author
New Mutant Fifield Prometheus Stills (Read 25,648 times)

szkoki

Quote from: zuzuki on Sep 28, 2012, 01:11:22 PM
They changed the sene because they wanted to give Janek something to do, and this alternate one would have ruined the pacing and mood or order of the scene with the weyland reveal. Ridley shot these 2 scenes knowing from the start one is for the shorter movie version and pg13 and the other for the full length. I didn't listen to the whole ridley commentary but i don't think the design of Firfield was a problem

so they didnt hear about the damn cut and edit the movie ability?
now they just left a plothole in it because 1 mercenary is just gone...

Xan21

Xan21

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 28, 2012, 02:17:55 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Not quite like that, no.

kittychu6

lets just face it, it was cut with other bits to give fans a reason to keep buying release after release of the movie. its a money making strategy they have been milking for years. they know we go crazy for deleted/alternate stuff.

Ash 937

Quote from: kittychu6 on Sep 28, 2012, 11:35:19 PM
lets just face it, it was cut with other bits to give fans a reason to keep buying release after release of the movie. its a money making strategy they have been milking for years. they know we go crazy for deleted/alternate stuff.

Or you could just refuse to play that game not buy this release at all.  I'm not interested in Prometheus until a director's cut come out. 

I don't think there are many people that prefer the theatrical release of Blade Runner to the final cut that was released a few years ago.  With that in mind, its true that having patience is the sort of thing that would demand FOX to release a better version sooner.  The reason we get crap first is because nobody knows how to vote with their wallet anymore.

chupacabras acheronsis

blessed be the internet.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 28, 2012, 11:40:40 PM

Or you could just refuse to play that game not buy this release at all.  I'm not interested in Prometheus until a director's cut come out. 

I don't think there are many people that prefer the theatrical release of Blade Runner to the final cut that was released a few years ago.  With that in mind, its true that having patience is the sort of thing that would demand FOX to release a better version sooner.  The reason we get crap first is because nobody knows how to vote with their wallet anymore.
Bladerunner was a brilliant movie way before any directors cut came out. One can argue that it never needed another cut (regardless of whether it improved it or not). If you don't like Prometheus now, you won't like any future version of it unless your criticisms can be fixed with a  couple of tweaks. Holding out for a directors cut is simply inadvertently creating a market for such things.

Infected

just saw that deleted scene of the Fifield cgi,
it was terrible!!

Xan21

Xan21

pfff just another cgi hater

Highland

Quote from: HUGZZ on Sep 28, 2012, 02:20:11 AM
I believe it was because they thought the audience wouldn't know who it was,

Audience was already batshit crazy thinking about WTF does this all mean by this point. I don't think that could be a valid answer surely.

Infected

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 29, 2012, 03:20:44 PM
pfff just another cgi hater
The Fifield zombie was awesome and had a disgusting look. the cgi Fifield had nothing it looked fake and it moved fake. Its like Star Wars the stormtroopers look awesome and when you watch the new Star wars you see the clones and they all move lame and are all cgi. im more of a fan of the old school stuff.

SM

SM

You know,  bet that's precisely what Riddles said when cutting the flick.

Boy you sure done rumbled him...

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2012, 10:21:42 PM

You know,  bet that's precisely what Riddles said when cutting the flick.

Boy you sure done rumbled him...
I still think it has to do with the maximum of 2 hours thing.

They should have made mutant Fifield act more monkey like than barbarian.

BlackMatter169

It disappoints me this was cut, I actually really hated the one used in the final cut, it felt like a super zombie or something. This version of Fifield was more bizarre, more alien.

szkoki

the cgi is not the best...but in the final cut its just a....zombie...u know Ridley Scott...after with Alien, with Giger he came up with a ZOMBIE!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed