NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,208,075 times)

Kailem

Kailem

I absolutely love how good the Alpha Predator looks:

Even without all the great little nods to the original original Pred, I just love the idea of a primitive, zero technology Predator that's just made its armour and weapons out of bones and jaws and stuff like that, and damn does this one look cool!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 19, 2019, 08:36:43 AM
Even without all the great little nods to the original original Pred, I just love the idea of a primitive, zero technology Predator that's just made its armour and weapons out of bones and jaws and stuff like that, and damn does this one look cool!

Completely agree there. It feels so brutal, yet so intuitive. I love it. He's someone I'd actually like to see in some of the expanded lore.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah it'd be awesome if he showed up in a comic or something where we could see him taking part in an actual story (or even, hoping against hope, a Hunting Grounds skin or customisation option). At the very least I'm looking forward to the little backstory blurb that'll no doubt be included on the back of his box. I feel like NECA always does a really good job with those.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I wouldn't say always. Remember when NECA made the Lost Predators time-travellers?

The Old One

The Old One

Or making the Predator Hounds acid proof.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 19, 2019, 03:34:37 PM
Or making the Predator Hounds acid proof.

Inferred from not leaving a shred intact?

Yep, now we have two examples Kailem!

;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 19, 2019, 03:29:15 PM
I wouldn't say always. Remember when NECA made the Lost Predators time-travellers?
Wasn't that kinda-sorta vague? Like you could read it as "their culture is so long-lived that it spans time periods"?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 19, 2019, 03:57:25 PM
Wasn't that kinda-sorta vague? Like you could read it as "their culture is so long-lived that it spans time periods"?

"Travellers of both time and space"

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

That's how I always thought of it. I saw Predator 2 when it came out, and I remember that being over of the theories tossed around.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I believe the prevailing thought is Predators live hundreds of years, rather than a very old Elder Predator coincidentally being old and coincidentally carrying a flintlock trophy.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 19, 2019, 03:59:33 PM

"Travellers of both time and space"

Technically, we are all travelers of both time and space.

Or maybe it's a reference to Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir".

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 19, 2019, 04:43:42 PM
Technically, we are all travelers of both time and space.

:laugh:

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 18, 2019, 05:13:53 PM
I'm looking forward to checking out this armor set of hers.

I can't get over how lazy it is for them to just slap tits on her. Yeah, sucking on teets with those mouths makes perfect sense.  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed