Alien totally abandoned Parker and Lambert...WHY?

Started by BA79, Oct 11, 2019, 05:27:31 AM

Author
Alien totally abandoned Parker and Lambert...WHY? (Read 18,268 times)

SiL

SiL

I mean it's not like the comic panel is in motion, and the cylinders are all drawn the same. The cylinder disappears when she gets to the access corridor and sees the Alien, then when she gets back she's got her hand on the forward bottle.

Easy enough to read it as flamer fuel and not coolant but whatever, this is all a tangent. The way the comic plays out gives An easy way to fix the continuity issue :P

My favourite continuity issue in the comic is the Alien's size. Man sized? f**king giant? Whatever makes the panel pop.

Elmazalman

As you said yourself; the alternating size of the adult Alien was, perhaps, done for effect. It makes sense to make it massive (Queen-sized) for its first appearance.

Building Better Worlds

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 06, 2022, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 03, 2022, 08:36:07 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 03, 2022, 07:52:36 PMThey were meant to scuttle the ship together after they got the coolant.

What did they need the coolant for?  Weren't there three cryotubes on the shuttle?

I just watched this scene on the theatrical cut VHS.

The quote is:

Ripley. "We're gonna need coolant for the air support system..."

Ripley "You two go down get all the coolant you can carry..."

Ripley "I'll get the shuttle ready"

It's curious to me Ripley would know you need coolant for the air support system. One would think Parker being an engineer would be the one to know this?

In general, Ripley knows how alot of stuff works almost straight off the bat. I'm always struck how she can get the APC up and running in Aliens; knows how the EEV's medical scanning system works in Alien 3; knows how to pilot the Betty despite never flying that particular ship before in Alien Resurrection. The only time we ever see her learning something new is with the pulse rifle and Hick's brief tutorial.

SiL

Most of those can be explained - learning heavy machinery operation kind of covers the APC, probably had a safety brief before boarding the Sulaco (she  seemed to think Burke could sabotage the cryotubes so their operation it's probably common knowledge) - but the Betty flying is an arse pull if ever there was one. She's not a pilot.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Building Better Worlds on Jul 07, 2022, 11:55:37 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 06, 2022, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 03, 2022, 08:36:07 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 03, 2022, 07:52:36 PMThey were meant to scuttle the ship together after they got the coolant.

What did they need the coolant for?  Weren't there three cryotubes on the shuttle?

I just watched this scene on the theatrical cut VHS.

The quote is:

Ripley. "We're gonna need coolant for the air support system..."

Ripley "You two go down get all the coolant you can carry..."

Ripley "I'll get the shuttle ready"

It's curious to me Ripley would know you need coolant for the air support system. One would think Parker being an engineer would be the one to know this?

In general, Ripley knows how alot of stuff works almost straight off the bat. I'm always struck how she can get the APC up and running in Aliens; knows how the EEV's medical scanning system works in Alien 3; knows how to pilot the Betty despite never flying that particular ship before in Alien Resurrection. The only time we ever see her learning something new is with the pulse rifle and Hick's brief tutorial.

She's obviously a bot.

Kradan

Nah, she just put these couple of weeks on Gateway station to good use

BigDaddyJohn

The Ash circuit reactivation I always assumed came from another field of work she previously was in, maybe.

Elmazalman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 09, 2022, 11:19:39 AMThe Ash circuit reactivation I always assumed came from another field of work she previously was in, maybe.

There's the ("My Johnson's what's happening.") scene with Parker & Brett. She's on the bridge with Lambert - both repairing circuitry / wiring overhead (Lambert gets something else useful to do in the scene).

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 09, 2022, 12:31:22 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 09, 2022, 11:19:39 AMThe Ash circuit reactivation I always assumed came from another field of work she previously was in, maybe.

There's the ("My Johnson's what's happening.") scene with Parker & Brett. She's on the bridge with Lambert - both repairing circuitry / wiring overhead (Lambert gets something else useful to do in the scene).

Oh yes of course. Forgot about that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 08, 2022, 04:14:30 PMNah, she just put these couple of weeks on Gateway station to good use

We need Ridley to come out and insist that Ripley is actually a robot.  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

I did not know that in one of the versions of Lambert's death, his fate is similar to that of the Newborn from Resurrection.  :o

BigDaddyJohn

That reminds me more of a similar scene in Jason X  :laugh:

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 18, 2022, 08:19:30 PMI did not know that in one of the versions of Lambert's death, his fate is similar to that of the Newborn from Resurrection.  :o

https://i.ibb.co/RgYNnc9/Screenshot-20220718-161234.jpg

It was also how General Perez was supposed to die as well before they changed it to the Newborn.

Lambert's version of this death was originally to take place during the Airlock sequence.

SiL

Faust, the "unimaginative tech" in O'Bannon's draft, got crushed by the inner door closing on him as the Alien escaped. I'm guessing that was going to go to Lambert?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 18, 2022, 08:19:30 PMI did not know that in one of the versions of Lambert's death, his fate is similar to that of the Newborn from Resurrection.  :o

https://i.ibb.co/RgYNnc9/Screenshot-20220718-161234.jpg

You gotta get all the good books, then. Lots of that stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed