Alien vs. Pinball

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 30, 2016, 07:49:55 AM

Author
Alien vs. Pinball (Read 15,684 times)

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 21, 2016, 11:12:15 AM
Pretty sure the blurb mentioned last gen consoles.

Ok that's cool then. It wouldn't be the first time I got ripped off for not having the newest console. The latest Godzilla game. Only half of what's on the PS4 version is on the PS3 copy, certain monsters aren't there, the ability to play as other monsters & there's no physical copy, digital only. 60 bucks. Paid full price for what I found out later was only half a game. Wasn't pleased about that. & then seeing my brother got different tables for Pinball Arcade on PS4 than what I get on PS3 just had me slightly worry haha

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Having just checked again, it doesn't specifically mention PS3, just that it will be available through PSN, but it does say the game will be released for the Xbox 360, so it's a sure bet the PS3 will get it too.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Good to know, thanks for looking into that. I just don't want to miss out on it. Out of everything being released coming up for ADay, Pinball is the only one I have cash for at the moment. I highly doubt my chances getting a pair of shoes haha

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not watched them yet but some impressions -

http://www.backwardscompatible.co.uk/aliens-vs-pinball.html

Are these up yet?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I want to download these for my Android... But Google Play for me isn't showing it yet..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Apparently it's DLC so you need to have the base game - Pinball FX2.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Well I guess that means I DON'T get the game then. There is no Pinball FX2 on PS3, just Zen Pinball 2 which so far, the Alien tables do NOT show up for. Turning into a shitty Alien Day pretty fast for me.

I got somewhat excited that I booted up Zen Pinball & there was an update for the game but alas, the Alien tables are still NOT showing up on PS3. 9am in my area. Not very punctual for getting the product out fast. I wanted to make a video impression on it today to post here but I don't see that happening now.

Finally go the tables & here's my first impressions video on them. This is for PS3..

https://youtu.be/HaNsNj9z1o8

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've not watched the video yet but what are you impressions in writing? I plan on grabbing these later tonight.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

They're ok tables but just ok. They're not fantastic. I mentioned somewhere in the vid that I agreed with another member on here in saying that much like the Marvel tables, it's something I see myself playing for a week then barely ever touching again. The AVP table I'm a little disapponted it follows the first movie. Thought maybe it might have been more comic book based but the Aliens table was pretty fun. I think Isolation was my least fav of the year. It has great little animations for sure but the table wasn't as fun as it looked.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 27, 2016, 02:20:49 PM
They're ok tables but just ok. They're not fantastic. I mentioned somewhere in the vid that I agreed with another member on here in saying that much like the Marvel tables, it's something I see myself playing for a week then barely ever touching again. The AVP table I'm a little disapponted it follows the first movie. Thought maybe it might have been more comic book based but the Aliens table was pretty fun. I think Isolation was my least fav of the year. It has great little animations for sure but the table wasn't as fun as it looked.
Will you be posting a link to the video once you upload it? I'll definitely check it out and subscribe (if you will return the favor!).

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Apr 27, 2016, 04:56:38 PM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 27, 2016, 02:20:49 PM
Will you be posting a link to the video once you upload it? I'll definitely check it out and subscribe (if you will return the favor!).

Yep the video was posted above. It's not a great quality vid. I don't have a capture device for PS3 footage so all I could do was stick my camera in front of my tv for this one. It's like 3 posts up or something. Most definitely I'll throw a subscribe your way what's your channel link? I do most old school NES & SNES runs on my channel. (Nevermind, just saw your channel link in your sig, having a blonde moment day, she's been subbed!)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've just played a few rounds on each table. I've no idea of the specifics of how to play pinball (aside from the hitting the ball with the paddles) but it was fun and weirdly addictive.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2016, 07:56:34 PM
I've just played a few rounds on each table. I've no idea of the specifics of how to play pinball (aside from the hitting the ball with the paddles) but it was fun and weirdly addictive.

There's definitely some strategy involved but I'm certainly no pinball wizard either. I do TRY to aim my shots but whether if I make it or not is usually just luck haha I couldn't figure out how to do the Bypass stuff on the Aliens table when you shoot your ball but for the rest of it I seemed to be doing ok. I did the best on the AVP table so far. I somehow already got the trophy for that table & I've hit 42mill as my top score at the moment. I think I got maybe 20mill on Aliens & I'm doing really badly on Isolation. Maybe only 2mill on that one so far. They're oddly more addicting than all the previous Marvel & Star Wars tables. I especially liked in Aliens all the little Alien icons popping up & coming down towards the flippers. Also I don't know how to do it but I've made the AVP table go Infrared quite a few times which looks really cool, I just have no idea what I'm doing to initiate that to start haha Same with the few times I've got to start a little mini game on Aliens where you drive the APC & use the L1/R1 to steer it from left to right dodging debris. I've done it a few times now but I'm not sure exactly how I'm starting it.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I'm really hooked on this.  So fun.  Silly, but fun.

I can't seem to find it for Xbox 360.  Any idea what's up with that?

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 13, 2016, 05:16:41 AM
I'm really hooked on this.  So fun.  Silly, but fun.

I can't seem to find it for Xbox 360.  Any idea what's up with that?

I had troubles finding it on the PS3 as well. It wasn't showing up when I booted up the game & I ended up finding it in the store. Not sure how 360 is set up for that though. I'm certainly enjoying it though! I'm slowly getting better at the Aliens table but I think I'm best at the AVP table for the moment. Not sure how I seem to rack up a huge score on that one. Have already gone passed 100mill. Pinball Wizard :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed